Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With all the new notority will we need to expand DV by 5,000
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,221

With all the new notority will we need to expand DV by 5,000

Dec 10, 2015, 10:27 PM

seats?!

Saying, with college football fans all over the nation finding out more about how exciting Tigertown is to come watch a game..including Death Valley, Greatest 25 seconds in college football (The ROCK & Run down the HIll). great fans, sold out stadium of 83,000+, The Esso Club, DaBO & Staff,..

I feel that expansion is immenient in the next five years. Besides, more people within the state of SC will want to support the TiGERS..even some Gamecoots fans that will turn Orange since they enjoy the big-time football & winning style that Clemson produces and will continue to for years.

GoTiGERS..keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With all the new notority will we need to expand DV by 5,000

Dec 10, 2015, 10:31 PM

don't forget making room in the stadium for a nice banner

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 10:51 PM

More like don't forget the "e"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no where to expand. Unless the west endzone is redone, which is unlikely

Dec 10, 2015, 10:44 PM

anytime soon since it just got completed. They used to put temporary bleechers behind the hill but cant do that anymore bc of firecodes. Maybe adding 2 more upper decks and make it the highest stadium on earth.

I agree with you for the most part

Dec 10, 2015, 10:48 PM

but you could close in the east endzone with some creativity. Make a portal for the Hill and add stands to each side of the brick facade. I am not architect, but I think it could be done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's no where to expand. Unless the west endzone is redone, which is unlikely

Dec 10, 2015, 11:08 PM [ in reply to There's no where to expand. Unless the west endzone is redone, which is unlikely ]

Clemson could expand the seating in Death Valley several ways, the first is to add additional West Zone club seating, 2nd they could build a East Zone club that would mirror the West Zone, and lastly they can add enclosed luxury boxes on top of the North and South stands. Adding luxury boxes on top of the stadium is very common even though it's a long way from the field. They would build very nice lounge area behind the suite's for the box owners and guest to gather before and after the game. The addition of extra levels in the West Zone could add 2K to 3K in seating, mirroring the West Zone on the East end zone without touching the hill could add 4K to 5K, and the luxury boxes on top of the north and south stands could add anywhere from 1K to 3k depending on how many they build.

I never thought Clemson would be spending $55,000,000.00 on a football operations building so raising the money for additional high value seating shouldn't be a problem.

Will we see the construction of the East End Zone?***

Dec 10, 2015, 10:46 PM

Re: I hope not . We don't need to expand now.***

Dec 10, 2015, 10:52 PM

No, we need to see Tillman Hall from the stadium

Dec 10, 2015, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Will we see the construction of the East End Zone?*** ]

You can't see it from the field but you can from the westzone and from several parts of the lower stands.

The view of Tillman Hall through the stadium is kinda like Touchdown Jesus, cover it up to get a few more seats and suddenly the ambiance goes stale (and so might some other things, but I'm no superstitious)

Re: No, we need to see Tillman Hall from the stadium

Dec 10, 2015, 11:23 PM

Actually, you could expand the East End and still maintain the view of Tillman and Campus by extending the stands from the North and South Lower Bowls towards the hill but not quite to it.

First I expect a ticket price increase.

Dec 10, 2015, 10:49 PM

If the demand remains high for a couple more years then consideration will be given to expanding the seating in Death Valley, imo.

Five years and the expansion should be completed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 11:41 PM

To expand they just need to peel off the seat number stickers and restick them closer together. That's clearly what has happened in the past because in my section I can still see the outline of where they used to be. Problem solved.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ seat expansion solved! (See above)

Dec 11, 2015, 12:02 AM

LoL & go ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill, when you and I were at Clemson in the 60's, we never

Dec 11, 2015, 4:58 AM

imagined DV looking as it does today.

The adage about supply meeting demand will, no doubt, apply, and I expect DV to be enlarged to seat over 100,000 in the future.

More than likely enlargements will be made to the WEZ along with an enclosure preserving the hill in the EEZ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably more attention to box seating/suites, also....

Dec 11, 2015, 5:27 AM

Mornin' to you, sir... How's the lake been treating you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 6:50 AM

Interesting thought, although I think they will leave it alone. Better to manage the supply and make sure you're paid then scramble to sell extra seats some years. I had always heard west end zone was built to support two levels but not sure if that's true.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,221
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic