Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT

Apr 2, 2014, 11:05 PM

There are literally 100s of men with his athletic skills and VERY few with the right work ethic and ability to function within a team.

Clowney should start in the NFL but will be the be all end all.

Word to ya Mutha

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Apr 2, 2014, 11:12 PM

He has all the potential, but none of the work ethic. Mel Kiper said if he isn't in the NFL HOF, it is all his fault, because of his laziness. I think Mel hit the nail on the head there.

He will probably be broke in 10 to 20 years, having to sign autographs at all the Walmarts in and around Cootlumbia to make any money :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree

Apr 3, 2014, 6:27 AM

Still bitter, huh?
Time to let this go. He was a great part of our team and will have a very successful NFL career.
But if it makes you feel better, you just go on hating.

You lost?

Apr 3, 2014, 8:29 AM

Might I suggest:

https://southcarolina.rivals.com OR www.cockytalk.com

Both of these places were created to care about your clucking and crowing. Tigernet is a CLEMSON message board. Sorry you got confused.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree

Apr 3, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree ]

Not bitter, just pointing out a fault. Something you are supposed to do when you look at people going to the next level. Sometimes you gotta point out faults in players.

I know people who have played alongside Clowney since pee wee league, and I have seen him in person over the years too. He is lazy, and he has never given 100 % towards playing. He is just a good enough athlete to manage to do what he does without the effort it would take most people to do half that.

Don't get some unrealistic expectation of the guy in your head. He may start trying, but he never has before, why start now?

Welp, he will bust on the wondering test***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:31 PM

*wonderlic test***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:39 PM

I think "wondering" was appropriate.***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT

Apr 3, 2014, 12:18 AM

:) funny chit for sure.

Re: Re: SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT

Apr 3, 2014, 1:10 AM

I'm no USC fan but clowney no longer plays for them so here it is. There are no player in the nfl with his size and speed 6'5 plus 270 ran a combine 4.5. There are sine smaller guys that xan run like him but bo one with his lenght. Clowney will be just fine. He is gknna be a good nfl player even if he doesn't try. If he does he is a hof.

Re: Re: Re: SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT

Apr 3, 2014, 1:37 AM

Lol coot. Nice assessment.

"There are sine smaller guys that xan run like him but bo one with his lenght."

^^^ 5 points finest
"An Alabama mouth with a Vanderbilt trophy case." seems like a fitting response. But that'd be putting Vandy down as they have more conference titles than those cluckheads.

Perhaps I should've switched from "Full Site view" to crayon mode to understand his macaroni picture-esque post.

But he's also one of the few players to sit out half of the

Apr 3, 2014, 6:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT ]

drills at the combine. That doesn't show me much in the coachability department. They have plenty of great players to pick from for the draft with egos not as huge. His 2013 lackluster performance wouldn't help his stock much were I a coach. Good player, yes but comes with allot of baggage.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2014, 5:19 AM

You still mad ???? Clowney convinced all the skeptics including his most recent critics about his ability. He is a multi millionaire and he hasn't even signed his NFL contract yet. He is the guy Puma decided should be their introduction to the NFL. He was said by Kiper " Clowney is not one of those great talents that come across every 2 or 3 years. He is a talent you only see once every 20 years. I know that the NFL and all of the evaluators of NFL talent are wrong and a few bitter rival fans are much more knowledgeable than them....NOT.

Heart & work ethic. 2 things that the great ones had, that

Apr 3, 2014, 7:49 AM

doo doo will never have. Can you imagine him being the first player at practice and staying over and doing extra work? No, me either. That's what separated Walter Payton, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Michael Jordan, Pete Rose from the also rans. Doo doo has talent, but not enough to just slide by. And those NFL evaluators and experts that you referred to, they picked Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Sam Bowie, Tim Tebow,and Heath Shuler.

With all that talent you could not win a conference title ?

Apr 3, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: SAVE THIS POST - CLOWNEY WILL BE A BUST TOP 5 DRAFT ]

Sad indeed

Re: With all that talent you could not win a conference title ?

Apr 3, 2014, 8:27 AM

Yeh - but spurrier is trying to get the rules changed so his team can win without really earning it. Those 5th place rings were a huge help in convincing the SEC to change the rules. Obviously USUC was the deserving team per spurrier.

i particularly liked how the cross division losses shouldn't

Apr 3, 2014, 8:33 AM

count against his team. that was a pretty good one,considering all the strength in the sec right now resides in the western division.

Re: With all that talent you could not win a conference title ?

Apr 3, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to With all that talent you could not win a conference title ? ]

We couldn't win a conference title but we beat Clemson by double digits 5 years in a row....so you could have won a conference title in the SEC ?....NOT ! That argument of no conference title might carry some weight when you guys win another one.....for now it's moot. If we bwart you by double digits then it stands to reason we could have won multiple ACC title in the last few years. I think at the end of each year the national pollsters agreed the SEC 5th place was better than a title or second place in the ACC.

Apr 3, 2014, 6:53 AM

work ethic, i agree

postsavingkrzy will save this one

Apr 3, 2014, 8:21 AM

I don't think he will be a bust, I think he'll be pretty dang good. I also don't think there are that many people with his athletic skills. I just think he didn't apply himself last year which makes me question his heart. So I agree he won't be the best DE in the NFL, but he will have a good career if he stays healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Tell 'em coot***

Apr 3, 2014, 8:39 AM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Tell 'em coot***

Apr 3, 2014, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What are they doing in the painting in the background

Apr 3, 2014, 9:08 AM

picking dirt?

Running football drills

Apr 3, 2014, 9:16 AM

they're getting into the 3-pt stance. Do you even football bro?

They're facing the wrong way from the person hiking the ball

Apr 3, 2014, 9:24 AM

Maybe they learned how to football from clowney? Already getting ready for the play to go away from them?

Re: Running football drills

Apr 3, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Running football drills ]

You lost me GWP.....Michael Sams projects as a LB in the NFL even though he played DE at Mizzou so they had him running drills backing up and changing directions.

What am I missing in your comment?

The hate for Clowney on this board is par for the course

Apr 3, 2014, 8:38 AM

I assume it makes some feel better to write such things but it appears the guys making the big bucks whose opinion matters think differently. He no longer is a player for SCAR so I guess if he ends up at your favorite NFL team you'll still be hoping he fails?

I think GWP has it right when he said Clowney will be good in the NFL without really trying. If he will be "great" is up to how much effort and heart he puts into it, but to say he will be a bust is just letting your hate for SCAR cloud your judgement.

Re: Nae, we hate Coots that post here worse.***

Apr 3, 2014, 9:59 AM

Agree wholeheartedly!! Ive been saying that as well.***

Apr 3, 2014, 8:41 AM

Apr 3, 2014, 8:57 AM

To be perfectly honest, it's embarrassing to have people from our fanbase post stuff like this, and to have attitudes like this. You're not predicting Clowney to fail, you're hoping he'll fail. Don't confuse the two. Unfortunately, you're not the only one here doing this.

When questions arose during the season and at the beginning of the combine, people here reveled in the thought of Clowney dropping in the draft. People were declaring this was "proof" that he was not a Top 5 draft pick. I'm not a native South Carolinian nor do I live in South Carolina, so I'm not familiar with whatever daily crap you have to put up with from idiot South Carolina fans...but let's try to avoid openly rooting for the failure of someone.

FWIW, there are not 100s of men with his athletic skills. He's as physically gifted a player to ever come through the combine. I realize at times it's hard to be objective since he played for our rival, but it's the truth. That's why people have been talking about him since his freshman year and even before that (No, it doesn't have anything to do with an ESPN/SEC conspiracy. It really doesn't.). There's no doubt that there are questions about his work ethic, but I'll be rooting for him. I'd rather see greatness than hope someone fails.

clowney has great speed for a man his size. no more, no less***

Apr 3, 2014, 9:01 AM

Re: clowney has great speed for a man his size. no more, no less***

Apr 3, 2014, 9:08 AM

I think he's got a lot more than that, but that's fine. It's not mandatory to think he's going to be all-world or that he's the greatest player in history. What's embarrassing is people openly rooting for his failure under the thin veil of "prediction". People on the site constantly refer to "classless coots", yet fail to see how classless these sorts of posts are.

Re: clowney has great speed for a man his size. no more, no less***

Apr 3, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to clowney has great speed for a man his size. no more, no less*** ]

From what the experts were saying yesterday it is more than that.....he has the ability to play linebacker and drop in coverage.

I watched some of the combine and saw the kid who was defensive POY in the SEC, Michael Sams, run through his drills and he could not back up and change directions while backing up, he looked very uncoordinated. But he can apparently rush a qb cause he had a bunch of sacks.

What is so unique about Clowney is that he is a huge guy that not only runs fast but who also has the coordination to play like a linebacker. He is the equivalent of a 7' basketball player who has the speed, quickness and ball handling skills to play point guard.....such a player is extremely rare if ever. It's why Clowney can be good just by using the physical tools he has been born with....how great and dominant he will be is up to how much effort he puts into his career.

Re: Re: clowney has great speed for a man his size. no more, no less***

Apr 3, 2014, 9:24 AM

Meant to mention that the Texans had coach was one on ESPN yesterday talking about Clowney playing LB. Because the Texans runs a 3-4 Clowney would be playing some LB as the 3-4 doesn't have true DE's. Clowney would be one massive LB but his agility and speed allows him to play that position as well.

Honestly, I don't know why SCAR didn't run him at TB some....Clowney has run a 4.4. I think he could be an incredible RB for 3-4 carries a game.

question: will his work ethic and heart allow him to learn

Apr 3, 2014, 12:35 PM

an entirely different position ? would you be willing to bet millions on it, if you were the g.m.? i am not sure i would. a team that runs a 4-3, is another matter,entirely.

100s of men with his athletic skills? Literally?

Apr 3, 2014, 9:30 AM

Should be the deepest draft in the history of the NFL. Also, I'd look for scoring to be down next year. Waay down. What with that influx of defensive talent and all.

I hope you don't really believe this.

First of all....

Apr 3, 2014, 11:32 AM

The caps button is left side. Use it. Stop the sensationalism.

Secondly, you're at high risk of becoming a Tigernet bust. You could be banned for moronosity.

Where?

Apr 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

My save drawer is full up!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic