Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more

Aug 24, 2014, 10:42 AM

than 10 to 14 points on our D. I know they have these great RB's but I think we load the box and dare them to pass. If the shoe store(Hudson Mason) can beat us with his arm so be it. I think we shut down Gurley. We shut down A Williams for BC last year when he was a stud. If Cole can manage the game, and do not turn it over we have a great chance of winning. Will UGAy do the same and load the box and make Cole beat them with his arm, or make us run the ball to win? I hope Morris remembers how Pruitt changed the game running a Bison Blitz with FSU and Clemson has worked hard this summer to pick that up, blocking and pass routes off of that Blitz package will be huge. I am not sure if UGAy has as good of secondary as FSU had last year. So, I predict we will win at Sanford and Son Stadium Saturday 31-10. Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO,for UGA to score more than 20 points they will need

Aug 24, 2014, 10:49 AM

to dump several screens or dump offs to Gurley in the flats or use trickeration to move and score.I really believe they will have trouble running the ball effectively.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more

Aug 24, 2014, 11:20 AM

You say with "a some what untested quarterback".
Well,what do you think Cole is?
And Mason has had 2.5 complete games under his belt.
Still,I think our defense will get the better of UGA,but I don't see a 21 point win like you are predicting,not with Gurley ,and Marshall at full speed.
Remember,we only won by 3 last year in The Valley,and if memory serves me,UGA was driving late in the game.
No,regardless of the outcome,7 to 10 points wins this game,not 21.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:48 AM

Im taking in this moment.....a clemson fan that didnt just completely homer out and predict a blowout saturday. Congrats to you leftie on using your noggin and making VALID points. Now if you pull the rest of these guys heads out from under their mommas skirts you may get somewhere.

Aug 24, 2014, 12:09 PM

UGAy is soft
Clemson is too deep

Aug 24, 2014, 12:15 PM

And were back to this? Find a new shtick bro your riding the coat tails of more original fans of the tigger nation.

Aug 24, 2014, 12:19 PM

Every time I watch a replay of last years game all I know is Ugay is soft

Aug 24, 2014, 12:29 PM

Beat someone by 3 and theyre soft? What does that say about you?

Aug 24, 2014, 12:40 PM

We will see, it's going to be funny watching those UGAy players flopping around on the field again. Will the home crowd boo their own?

Aug 24, 2014, 12:44 PM

I'm delighted that we beat UGA last year, but it was certainly no rout. I look for this game to be a real battle. They are favored for a reason. Vegas just doesn't flip a coin.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

It says we beat them.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Pruitt is a defensive backs coach. They wont be weak. Stoudt is going to be heavily rushed all night, I predict 1 pick and 1 fumble by him.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:53 PM

Our front 7 will be the difference in the game. Mason has yet to face a great DLine , but he is about to. Our 2 Georgia bred DLine guys (Beastley and Jarret ) will be putting him in trouble all night. If Mike Bozo wants to run it 50 times that would suit our D just fine but after the half our offense will score more easily as we wear your defense down ...and then of course you will have to throw it more. That could get ugly for you.
Real Quick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 25, 2014, 12:27 AM

Like I've posted before I don't see it, with the production you lost on the offense!

Aug 25, 2014, 3:04 PM

You didn't see it last ear either...how did that turn out?

Aug 25, 2014, 3:04 PM

*year

Aug 30, 2014, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Soft

Aug 24, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Clemson's new fight song=soft kitty=Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball Of Fur,Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr, Purr, Purr!!

You sir, have been watching too much Big Bang Theory!***

Aug 24, 2014, 9:22 PM

Re: You sir, have been watching too much Big Bang Theory!***

Aug 24, 2014, 9:58 PM

Haha! That is for the UGA soft comment from some of the Clemson fans!

Aug 25, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Our fight song will say "We just stuck it up your ### UGay"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Only on your Oline, your Off is not that good. Also, you are on crack if you think Stoudt is coming to a hostile crowd in the evening. I predict a big let down for you guys. Your line isn't going to save you. Just like when we played Clowney last year, threw right at him and chipped him all night and took the victory by 11pts.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:41 PM

DLine I mean

Our D is more than just 1 player...we're stacked at DL and

Aug 25, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

LB...try again...

Aug 30, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Started too deep in your own territory.....i get it now. Thnx badb

Aug 24, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

We will dominate georgia between the hedges. 28-10

Go to a UGa board and work on your own set of homers.***

Aug 25, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Aug 24, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Maybe you need to watch the game again. UGA did drive late in the game because we were playing prevent and our drive just before that we decided to run the clock down and not pass the ball. We could have if we tried to scored another TD and thus not allowing them to score that final TD just before time expired. we should have won by 17 not 3. Dabo was to easy on them Dawgs. I don't see that happening this year if we start to get the momentum.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2014, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Yea, I don't know where people get the idea that we're going to blow them out. Our defense should do quite well this year, but they also have the best running back tandem in the nation which includes the best RB overall. It's going to be a battle for our defense all over the board. Despite missing a couple of guys on the outside, Georgia's still loaded at the skill positions.

Using Rivals' info, UGA has recruited very well since 2011 (#5,#12,#12,#7)...slightly better than we have actually (#8,#14,#14,#13). This isn't to say we're outmatched, just to point out that they're not going to be lining up a bunch of chumps. They've got a talented squad. We're going to need to give it all we got if we're going to come home from Athens with the victory.

Aug 31, 2014, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

solid

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you so confident we're going to score 31....

Aug 24, 2014, 1:01 PM

with Stoudt making his first-ever start at night in Athens, etc? Sure, if he can control the game and not turn in over we may be okay but how confident are you in that?

Aug 24, 2014, 2:11 PM

I'm guessing that UGA will score at least 24 and less than 35, so we need to score a few ourselves.

I expect us to score 27-45. So I see a good chance that we can win this one.

Aug 24, 2014, 9:17 PM

45=LOL!

Aug 24, 2014, 9:20 PM

30-24 , with at least one Tiger defensive/return game score adding to the win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 24, 2014, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

How quickly you forget - CLEMSON was ONE TOUCHDOWN away from scoring 45 last year. We will be faster, better, etc on O and our D is gonna stop all those 3rd-and-longs that Murray saved your butts on last year. It might get nasty - early. Dawg fans gonna be crying in their beer.

Aug 24, 2014, 10:18 PM

No I haven't forgotten, it's just you claiming that you are not going to have any drop off on offense! Especially after losing possibly your best qb, a thousand yard rusher, your best wr ever and another good wr, 3 suspensions on your oline and 1 on your dline!

Aug 25, 2014, 3:06 PM

I like how you all think Clemson was a 2 man offense team..Saturday, you'll realize they weren't.

Aug 24, 2014, 4:06 PM

Clemson has a great defense, but think you're off on this. Gurley will have a target on his back, and he'll get stuffed a few times, but he'll break a few for 8-10 if not a long one. Even if he is contained, he'll get 75 or more. Mason is a 5th-year senior. Not seasoned by any means but he has several targets and a stronger arm than Murray. I don't know your offense very well this year. Clemson could win, but a blowout would really surprise me in Athens.

Aug 24, 2014, 4:14 PM

I have heard from many UGA fans on here that Mason doesn't have as strong of an arm as Murray did.

Is this not the case?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 4:32 PM

I heard his arm is stronger, but he has little experience. Coaches say he runs a little better. Still, I think his main job is to run the system and to not make a lot of mistakes instead of carrying the team on his shoulders. Hope he doesn't get rattled.

Murray has a stronger arm.

Aug 24, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

It's not even really debatable.

Re: Murray has a stronger arm.

Aug 24, 2014, 9:05 PM

The Arron comparison is a little unfair because you could almost line anyone up against him and they would fall short.

Aug 24, 2014, 9:45 PM

I hope you are right, I hear the other running back Chub may be the best of the bunch. I agree our D line should be great. Should be a great game.

Aug 24, 2014, 9:59 PM

Gurley is a lot better than Chubb. Don't get me wrong, Chubb is an elite talent as well, but Gurley right now is on a whole other level in his overall game(blocking, running, vision, receiving, etc..)

Aug 24, 2014, 10:07 PM

I def think we win this game and think our D is much improved, but Uga will def score over 14 lol!! I get we have a great d line but that's not where the problem is...it's when Gurley breaks into the second and third line(and that will happen at some point) and our secondary making a tackle...I think he rushes for over 100 but the key is making them beat us through the air... It's kind of sickening to see Clemson and Uga fans disregard two of their own in tajh and Murray like the teams are better off now...either way I say we win it 30-24. GO Tigers!

Aug 24, 2014, 10:24 PM

Having been to the unc game that the traffic was backed up due to wreck , the Miami game that was loud and Charlie whitehurst looking like a gazelle/ giraffe running free, and the Fsu game that saved tommy bowdens job. I'm very concerned about our rb situation. Our best back right now is a former walk on.

I don't care who is QB

Aug 24, 2014, 10:30 PM

No one should score more than about 17 points on us this year without some serious gifts from a turnover or a freak play or ref call.

I think our D may be for real and we won't need 8 in the box for that effect.

Plus we will be able to pressure with just four. This D will be multiple multiple multiple and you will be playing from behin the sticks and you will have no idea where IT is coming from.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our defense will be really good this yea

Aug 25, 2014, 12:22 AM

But I'm sure GA will score more than 10-14 points. They have arguably the best runningback duo in the nation and there QB is pretty good. I know Mason hasn't played that much but he's playing at home and he's been at GA for a long time. I do think we win this game but I just don't think we are going to beat them by 3tds

Aug 25, 2014, 2:32 AM

above all things....this one is between the hedges. The single most important factor That atmosphere is going to be a heck of a lot more conducive for Mason than it will be for Stoudt. He'll have a huge weight on his shoulders. Here's to a great game and a Ga victory.

Aug 25, 2014, 6:33 AM

3 points/arguments to consider

1. How do you expect the offense to be better without Boyd, Watkins, Bryant, and Ellington?

2. We too deep? Not on the online. You are an injury away from disaster.

3. Confidence on d: you are confusing best front 7 with best defense. As much as tall watch the replay of the orange bowl, apparently you all missed the fact that hearse was out of position and beat the entire game. Your secondary struggles,

Uga will play game management and win with the same recipe Scar uses.

Aug 25, 2014, 7:45 AM

The coots are getting thier a$$es kicked in the Valley this year so your argument is moot.

Ellington played great for the Cardinals last season.******

Aug 25, 2014, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

Re: Ellington played great for the Cardinals last season.******

Aug 25, 2014, 8:59 AM

Regarding Clemson's front 7, didn't you have 2 LBers drafted last year...and we know you wont have Crawford for the opener. That is 3 major contributors you will have to start the season without. I know you guys have talent up front, but with the youth in the secondary, playing on the road, and the talent UGA has on offense... I would not expect a dominating defensive performance in this one...(def not 10-14 points).

You assume your offense will be biz as usual with a very young offense (and thin OL) on road...Bad assumption IMO. Our defense will be looking to make a statement in this and since we have a week to prep for SC after this one, I guarantee you we've been focused on payback against Clemson. Bottom line, gonna be a very tough situation for a young QB like Stoudt, esp if your OL struggles against our stout front 7.

Not making any score predictions here, just pointing out I would be ready for a battle from the Dawgs....dont expect much to come easy. Safe travels to all those coming to Athens.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:03 AM

No, we did not have 2 LBs drafted last year.

The offense will not be as electric losing Sammy and Tajh, but it will not be anemic as many think. We have 4 guys who all have had playing time with TDs (not in garbage time, as many are wont to say) who are available. RB will be interesting, but hey, it's not out of the realm to say a new guy can come in and do great, right?

Clemson

Aug 25, 2014, 9:07 AM

> No, we did not have 2 LBs drafted last year.
>
> The offense will not be as electric losing Sammy and
> Tajh, but it will not be anemic as many think. We
> have 4 guys who all have had playing time with TDs
> (not in garbage time, as many are wont to say) who
> are available. RB will be interesting, but hey, it's
> not out of the realm to say a new guy can come in and
> do great, right?

Christian and Shuey? Christian was listed as OLB.... I guess he was a DE at Clemson?

New guys can def come out and play well... but very hard in game 1 IMO. Even guys like Gurley and Marshall who had VERY good freshman seasons didnt really get it going until mid season.

Neither were drafted. They were Seniors though

Aug 25, 2014, 3:01 PM

Maybe that's what you meant. But we have guys behind them who should bring the talent level back, we'll see if they can execute

Clemson

I'm guessing a lower scoring very close game.***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Ellington played great for the Cardinals last season.****** ]

> Regarding Clemson's front 7, didn't you have 2 LBers
> drafted last year...and we know you wont have
> Crawford for the opener. That is 3 major contributors
> you will have to start the season without. I know you
> guys have talent up front, but with the youth in the
> secondary, playing on the road, and the talent UGA
> has on offense... I would not expect a dominating
> defensive performance in this one...(def not 10-14
> points).
>
> You assume your offense will be biz as usual with a
> very young offense (and thin OL) on road...Bad
> assumption IMO. Our defense will be looking to make a
> statement in this and since we have a week to prep
> for SC after this one, I guarantee you we've been
> focused on payback against Clemson. Bottom line,
> gonna be a very tough situation for a young QB like
> Stoudt, esp if your OL struggles against our stout
> front 7.
>
> Not making any score predictions here, just pointing
> out I would be ready for a battle from the
> Dawgs....dont expect much to come easy. Safe travels
> to all those coming to Athens.

That's neighborly. Thanks.

Aug 25, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: With a some what untested QB I do not see UGAy scoring more ]

1. Won't be better, but not near as bad as dawg fans think.
2. OL has 8 guys they can absolutely win with, arguably 1 more than last year...Region would be #9, that is actually still not horrible depth for guys you can win with. If 2 guys get hurt..we're in trouble, but what team wouldn't be?
3. Experience in secondary is arguably a wash from last year. Yes, Kearse made some mistakes, but not a stretch to think another year will help that (UGa fans think same w/ your WRs), talent is upgraded no doubt.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:07 PM

> than 10 to 14 points on our D. I know they have these
> great RB's but I think we load the box and dare them
> to pass. If the shoe store(Hudson Mason) can beat us
> with his arm so be it. I think we shut down Gurley.
> We shut down A Williams for BC last year when he was
> a stud. If Cole can manage the game, and do not turn
> it over we have a great chance of winning. Will UGAy
> do the same and load the box and make Cole beat them
> with his arm, or make us run the ball to win? I hope
> Morris remembers how Pruitt changed the game running
> a Bison Blitz with FSU and Clemson has worked hard
> this summer to pick that up, blocking and pass routes
> off of that Blitz package will be huge. I am not sure
> if UGAy has as good of secondary as FSU had last
> year. So, I predict we will win at Sanford and Son
> Stadium Saturday 31-10. Go Tigers!!!!