»
Topic: With SB206, the clock is now ticking
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 1, 2019 8:08 AM by: Philo_TIGER
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

With SB206, the clock is now ticking

[4]
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 5:49 AM

Starting 2023 in California, college players are not paid salary but it will be illegal to stop players from getting paid for thier likeness. It's basically the Olympic model. $ for autographs, video games, etc. Is A-ok.

This will be interesting to watch. What other states jump on the bandwagon? Will the country break into NCAA vs 206 states, will all other states hold off on a bill like 206, will it become a red state vs blue states, football states vs basketball states,or will it be a tidal wave for the Olympic model to take hold in college sports Nationwide?

Impact on Clemson, TBD. No sense fretting but worth watching.

Liberals have the reverse King Midas touch.

[1]
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 6:02 AM

Everything they touch turns to absolute shat. Now they want to do the same to college sports.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

They have longed to kill college athletics for years.

[1]
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 6:13 AM

Might have finally gotten it done. We will see.

2020 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: With SB206, the clock is now ticking

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 6:30 AM

Doubt anything comes of it but I'm sure y'all know it's being pushed here in SC by 2 Democrats I believe. Can't remember their names.

Florida just followed suit and has introduced a bill similar to Cali's as well.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 7:43 AM

There are about 12 states in total working on legislation, in addition to the three you referenced I believe Illinois, Colorado, and New York are some others.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 7:50 AM

Also schools control logos, school names, jersey designs unless you are sued by the real USC or Carolina. So how many people would buy a Lawrence #16 jersey with no Tiger Paws in a different color or shade?

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 8:08 AM

This will be fascinating to watch. Unfortunately, it is going to get real political and legal issues will likely drag out over the next five years. I personally believe it will be good for sports. The endless "support staffs" will likely end. Coaches making 80 times what their players are making will end as well.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I pay 3600 a year Pay half and can buy 4 tickets lower deck on about 30 yd line at the cost of seas...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
963 people have read this post