Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Jameis Winston...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

With Jameis Winston...

Oct 21, 2014, 12:26 PM

what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Hope no one from Tnet is ever part of a jury of my peers. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Jameis Winston...

Oct 21, 2014, 12:29 PM

There never was a jury in the rape allegation. TPD saw to that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 12:30 PM

Yeah. I know that. I was simply referring to Winston being declared guilty by Tnet. Hahaha.

Thoughts on what is going to happen?

Oct 21, 2014, 12:43 PM

someone belongs in jail. Either Jameis or the girl.

The girl seems to want the process to move forward, and Jameis seems to want to ignore the situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TNET is not a criminal court, therefore that precept

Oct 21, 2014, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: With Jameis Winston... ]

does not apply

I don't think anything criminal will happen to JW. Too little, too late. He is toast as far as public opinion goes. IMO his draft stock has taken a HUGE hit.

I expect some fallout with TPD, FSU, and Jimbo. JW will be long gone while they have to deal with the aftermath.

Re: TNET is not a criminal court, therefore that precept

Oct 21, 2014, 12:54 PM

Completely agree. If I were an NFL GM, I would not pick him. Seriously...doesn't matter how talented he is if he cannot stay on the field/acts as a consistent embarrassment to your team.

Oct 21, 2014, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: With Jameis Winston... ]

I BELIEVE HE ADMITTED TO THE CRAB LEG INCEDENT, ALTHOUGH HE SAID IT WAS AN INNOCENT MISTAKE.

It sure as helll wasn't 'due process.'***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or a 'speedy trial.'***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that narrows it down to 'legal representation.'***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:34 PM

I'll give you innocent until proven guilty, if you'll give

Oct 21, 2014, 12:35 PM

me "where there's smoke there's fire, three (or five or six in this case)strikes you're out, if it looks like a duck walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its a duck, and the preponderance of evidence.

Re: I'll give you innocent until proven guilty, if you'll give

Oct 21, 2014, 12:38 PM

I think they call it "reasonable" doubt

Guess you think OJ didn't do it too, right?***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 PM

I believe in our country's legal system

Oct 21, 2014, 12:47 PM

but when an investigation is botched it's a pretty good sign that Winston is guilty

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:49 PM

Let me break this down for you. If you hooked up with a random girl at a party or bar. She really doesn't know your name or you hers. You guys have sex you believe to be consensual she did not. She goes straight to the police and states she was raped. DNA sample was obtained your DNA is there but they still don't know it was you because she is unclear who you are. She ID's you after a month. At this point the cops will want to question you and take sample to test for a match. They will do this immediately. If your sample comes back as a match you are screwed you will be charged and will have to go to court to prove that the sex was consensual. Not only did nothing happen to him but he wasn't even questioned for months. When he was he admitted that he had sex with her and the DNA confirms this. At this point the cuffs would have been put on 99.9% of the people on this earth. Nothing happened at all.

Before you go saying hey it was consensual sex and he shouldn't be charged. Remember this in most states no means no no matter what the situation including if you are married. Yes your future wife if she chose to do so could claim rape after you had sex and you can be arrested. I personally don't know what to believe but I do know what would have happened to me if I was in Jameis's shoes (btw this happened before anyone really knew who he was).

Oct 21, 2014, 12:57 PM

Yes. I feel like I would have been locked up pretty quick. What does it say about society though (at least the people of FSU) to allow this to continue? Personally, I'm embarrassed for FSU.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic