Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Greg Williams move to DE,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

With Greg Williams move to DE,

Aug 4, 2019, 4:20 PM

he'll RS and be ready when next year's horses come in. Is Burch still a necessity ? Or will they now take another LB/DB ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Greg Williams move to DE,

Aug 4, 2019, 4:34 PM

Clemson is already loaded at DE even without Burch.

Signing Burch would be a luxury, but as far as the 2020 class goes I wouldn't call him a necessity.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 4:43 PM

Wasn't Williams projected to be a DE from the onset? I've never viewed Burch as necessity. He's just the best option to fill an open spot.

Aug 4, 2019, 5:10 PM

He’s not a necessity, but you obviously want that talent in Clemson instead of Columbia or Athens. Burch would give Clemson 9 scholarship DEs next year, assuming nobody transfers.

why would we care about who goes to Athens

Aug 4, 2019, 5:42 PM

we don't play Georgia. We probably aren't too concerned with who goes to the coots either, we play them, but we are so far ahead of them talent wise that its not even funny

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why would we care about who goes to Athens

Aug 4, 2019, 8:16 PM

We got a steal with Williams! With his body size/weight I personally feel had he been at say, "Archer, Good Counsel, St. Thomas Aquinas, Bishop Gormon, etc. he would have been a 4 or 5 star player! He played at a small "non-powerhouse" 3A school and it probably hurt his ranking. I see him doing big things for the Tigers, "if he can get on the field". The talent in from of him is talented. I can see some of them dudes having to change positions. Especially if we get thin in other spots on defense. Possibly offense as well( TE ).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 8:36 AM

Williams may turn out to be really good, who knows. Though this comment reminds me of when Clowney went to UofSC, and everyone said "that's OK we got Rod Byers who is almost as good."

I agree that with the talent we have committed and on campus that Burch is not a must sign, but he is a beast that will make any team he is on better, including us.

No, we got Murphy, who, based on competition played

Aug 5, 2019, 10:21 AM

against in HS, is BETTER, more ready. Murphy was a pipe dream this time last year when burch was thought to be a lock.

As for Williams, he's far better than Byars ever was,. Though, Byars moved to TE one year to help out and laid some great blocks .

Aug 5, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to why would we care about who goes to Athens ]

I’d rather see Jordan Burch in Clemson instead of the other two teams that he’s considering. Don’t read too much into this. It’s just about getting all of the 5 stars. That’s all.

Aug 4, 2019, 5:32 PM

Burch has the kind of talent where you need him in any and all DL positions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 5, 2019, 9:37 AM

Which one is he in that picture?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic