Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help!! Need some advice from Nightgame Regulars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,504

Help!! Need some advice from Nightgame Regulars

Oct 14, 2015, 8:54 PM

Howdy The Board...haven't been to a night game in years, and unfamiliar with the layout as to parking, shuttles, CAT, etc...very special night for me, as my "date" will be my 7 year old granddaughter, a Tiger since birth, who along with me, subsists in a large family of GA Bulldogs... I have been studying campus layout for days, and am aware of the parking efforts ongoing...we will be getting on-campus o/a 2PM, so plenty of time before kickoff...my question - are we better off trying for C-1 on Perimeter, or the Beach across lake on Seneca road, as we 64'ers used to call the President's Parking Lot (great makeout site in the 60's, with your favorite Anderson, Greenville or Seneca honey - about 60 coeds on campus then, all enrolled in the "MRS." Degree, so we had to bring em' in from the environs)...

Couldn't figure out what the "Douthit" parking lot is, looks like a construction zone...Beach lot has a shuttle to the stadium area, but don't know if there are shuttles back to Beach after the game... I need to try to minimize distances which short 7 year old legs may find tough going...also any help as to what the campus buses, etc, offer as transport? I've seen campus maps, but they are hard to fathom.

Really appreciate your thoughts on best ways to handle the onslaught...we want to take a few hours and walk around campus, show her what Thomas Green Clemson is holding in his left hand - prominent RAT question in 1960 (his right hand)...I apologize ahead of time for putting this on the Football board for such a mundane matter, but knew there would be lots of y'all vets who've been here, done that..thanks much for what suggestions you might have to make this one of the best days of her young life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish I could help

Oct 14, 2015, 8:58 PM

but we've had IPTAY parking for many years. I hope you have a GREAT day in Tiger Town with the granddaughter this Saturday. I have one myself but she's too small to bring with me to a game. At least I can bump your post up so that other's can comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wish I could help

Oct 14, 2015, 9:04 PM

Thanks for your thoughts and for the offer to send on to others...

I usually tell people to try by the golf course

Oct 14, 2015, 9:08 PM

Old Stadium Rd. Either park on that road or the lot just past the Marden Center entrance. If you park on the side of the road, make sure to park pointing back out.

Re: Help!! Need some advice from Nightgame Regulars

Oct 14, 2015, 9:20 PM

Remember where Centennial Oak is located? I think that if you get there early enough you'll be able to park there. That would be convenient to the Hendrix Center(ice cream); then perhaps go over and watch the band practice; and then later work your way towards the stadium behind the band/cheerleaders. Plus, that would be a fairly well lit and secure walk back after the game. Hope this helps.

Oct 14, 2015, 9:43 PM

If your willing to walk you can pay 20-40 bucks and park inbetween Walgreens and Subway

Oct 14, 2015, 9:52 PM

I'm not sure about the rest of the lots but just a fair warning- after Notre Dame we did not move a single inch in C1 for two hours. Didn't get out of there till 2. They have someone directing traffic but they only keep everyone else moving, C1 stays put. Hope this helps

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 10:06 PM

I would say y beach is better than c-1. I park in c-1 unfortunately. I'm one of the Iptay guys that got moved out there because of construction.... Anyways, if just comparing y beach to c1, I would say y beach is better because shuttle runs both ways and c1 has no shuttle service after the game so you have to walk back. Just my opinion though.

Go Tigers and hope you enjoy the game!

Oct 14, 2015, 10:47 PM

Avoid C1 if you can, especially w/a small child. We were redirected there from Lot 2 for last 2 games. Long walk after the game & as previous poster said, a 2 hour wait to leave the lot. We would not do it again & if Lot 2 is not available this week, we will watch from home unless we can find alternative parking arrangements. Good luck & enjoy the game w/your granddaughter. Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take your granddaughter to TIGER WALK! 2hours before

Oct 14, 2015, 11:54 PM

kickoff in lot #5 behind the West Zone. Kids love it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,504
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic