Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winston going to sue back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,643

Winston going to sue back

May 8, 2015, 10:50 PM

BREAKING: Jameis Winston sues Erica Kinsman for defamation, defamation per se and tortious interference w/ prospective business advantage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The American Way***

May 8, 2015, 10:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The American Way***

May 9, 2015, 4:06 PM

shyster lawyers to the front!if U don`t have an ambulance to chase find out some other stupid case to take!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Winston going to sue back

May 8, 2015, 11:09 PM

> BREAKING: Jameis Winston sues Erica Kinsman for
> defamation, defamation per se and tortious
> interference w/ prospective business advantage.

That's legal intimidation, there. "Tortious interference" is a big fav among big-money companies trying to silence whistle-blowers...it's how Big Tobacco, for instance, ruined 60 Minutes's credibility when they stuffed the Jeffrey Wigand interview that completely blew the lid off the secret that tobacco companies were spiking their cigarettes with impact boosters to make them more addictive. 60 Minutes never really recovered from that.

Basically these are pretty classic Lance Armstrong tactics. Take the offensive, sue publicly, tie them up in court and red tape and legal fees, beat them into submission, make them settle and go away quietly.

What it really is, is a glaring red-flag that Winston's team knows Kinsman is out for blood, and is not interested in a settlement. They're trying to force her into one by making her more scared than angry.

Would take an...interesting morality to be the lawyer on this one.

May 8, 2015, 11:22 PM

As the saying goes, "If it wasn't for lawyers, we would not need lawyers".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Winston going to sue back ]

Or maybe, they responded in the answer with these claims bc if they didnt they would be bared? Just bc the guy is a ####### doesn't mean the attorneys don't do their job

May 9, 2015, 1:39 AM

You recon Jameis knows what any of that means ?

May 9, 2015, 6:11 AM

lawyers cant wait to get their greedy paws on dumba$$ money

I don't blame him and i hate the guy

May 9, 2015, 12:17 PM

The girl has lost two battles in this case already. Now she is taking it to a civil suit at the same time he was to get drafted and make a ton of money. It's not hard for football players to get laid without ######. That isn't to say he didn't do it.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: I don't blame him and i hate the guy

May 9, 2015, 1:10 PM

Right there with you. Hope he wins in court but loses on the field.

I hope justice is served.***

May 9, 2015, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think the glove will fit this time?

May 9, 2015, 1:18 PM [ in reply to I don't blame him and i hate the guy ]

O.J. had a smooth ride until the civil trial too. They took his friggin Heisman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, oj was arrested, charged, arraigned then stood trial

May 9, 2015, 2:05 PM

for the murder of two people.

i'd say the similarities ended somewhere before arrested/charged?

how many separate processes must jameis endure before you might think he is not in the wrong here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't blame him and i hate the guy

May 9, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to I don't blame him and i hate the guy ]

> The girl has lost two battles in this case already.
> Now she is taking it to a civil suit at the same time
> he was to get drafted and make a ton of money. It's
> not hard for football players to get laid without
> ######. That isn't to say he didn't do it.

Her behavior is not consistent at all with someone looking for a payday and a big settlement. She doesn't seem interested in settling - which is why the Winston camp is escalating.

The nature of this suit is extremely telling. If there was a deal on the table to be made, it was strongly in Winston's best interests to make it. She obviously hasn't been interested...hence, the escalation.

BTW...she hasn't "lost in court twice already". William Meggs, the DA in Tally, said "I think things happened in that room that were not good"...he also said the Tally PD botched the investigation so badly there was no way he could successfully prosecute. That's not "losing in court", that's a DA directly admitting there was a whitewash. The second instance was a kangaroo court, if you want to use that word, convened by FSU to determine whether or not Winston was guilty of Title IX violations. Neither Winston nor his roommates were compelled to testify; the stood by their recorded canned statements, and FSU - big shocker - cleared him of any wrongdoing. Mind, they had already cleared the two roommates, Darby and Casher, months before, so anybody hoping for a different outcome in regards to Winston was probably smoking something.

Kinsman obviously wants her day in court, and she hasn't backed off that thus far. Nor do I see this "countersuit" going anywhere...up until now, the burden of proof has been squarely on Kinsman's shoulders...if this defamation suit is going to hold up, it's all going to be on Winston to unequivocally prove he was innocent. The odds of Winston's camp being willing to drag that into an open court are somewhere between Slim and None because at that point Winston, Darby, and Casher are all going to have to walk into court and testify, and be subjected to intensive cross-examination.

Yeah, right. Like they'll go there.

you are 100% correct..she has lost 2 battles already..

May 9, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to I don't blame him and i hate the guy ]

one with FSU and one with Tallassee police department. She has not lost the 3rd battle,,,in the court room.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic