Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two

Aug 25, 2013, 12:13 AM

things need to be done: Protect Tajh Boyd and stop Gurley and Marshall. Game over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two

Aug 25, 2013, 12:19 AM

It'll be more important to get pressure on Murray than stopping he run IMO. Our Front 8 is serviceable against the run IMO. It'll be the front 4 getting pressure to help out our thin seondary that will determine if Tajh and co. will be able to outrun UGA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. He makes some bad throws when he is hurried. I thought

Aug 25, 2013, 8:09 AM

Bama screwed up on that last drive going prevent. Put some pressure on him and he is likley to throw it anywhere. If we can get 4 stops where we force them to punt, and two turnovers, then I think we will win. That will give them 6 possessions to score. 4 TD's and 2 field goals. Tigers win 35-30.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawgs right now are pulling off shoes and going, 1,2,3,4,5,6

Aug 25, 2013, 8:12 AM

7.....8,9,10,11,12,13,14.....15,16,17,18,19,20,21....22,23,24.......Hey,whas up!

Y'alls kicker is suspended!!!!

Bwahahahahahaaaa.

Re: Yes, Murray threw 10 INTs last season. Not good. But

Aug 25, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Yep. He makes some bad throws when he is hurried. I thought ]

Boyd threw 13.
They're both fantastic quarterbacks who can take over a game, so it's puzzling to read how many here are simply dismissing the QB with the second highest efficiency rating from 2012.

Yes, I know that Boyd was #5.

Aug 25, 2013, 12:45 AM

Stack the box and watch Murray rip you apart. And then Gurley will shrug off your defenders and score 6

i'll take my chances. i don't think y'all have the wr's to

Aug 25, 2013, 1:57 AM

implement your plan. we'll scheme to stop gurley, or at least slow him down enough to not hurt us. it'll be up to erin to win or lose, and you gotta like OUR chances!

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, stop the run, turn the game into a shoot out....

Aug 25, 2013, 7:37 AM

If it becomes a shoot out, that's what we want and Morris will be as happy as a camel on a Wednesday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'll take my chances. i don't think y'all have the wr's to

Aug 25, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to i'll take my chances. i don't think y'all have the wr's to ]

C'mon Sarge, Malcolm Mitchell is projected by analysts to be the 10th receiver taken in next years draft if he comes out. Bennett is a Biletnikoff finalist. We've got plenty of talented receivers to execute our game plan.

But those who think we will just pound with Gurley and Marshall should watch some UGA game tape. I don't think we will change what we do, which is to run a very balanced attack. I've watched a lot of Clemson tape. I think yall have the talent in the front 7 combined with Venables attacking style to actually slow our run game down, not stop it, but slow it down...if we come out and just try to ram it down your throats. I think yall could accomplish that in the 1st half. Probably not so much in the 2nd as your front 7 just is too light to sustain that type of success. But I really dont think we will do that. We'll attack on the ground and through the air equally and take the scores as they come. Yall wont be able to stack the box and dare us to throw like you did LSU because Murray can actually complete a downfield pass.

Re: i'll take my chances. i don't think y'all have the wr's to

Aug 25, 2013, 10:43 AM

OK, even if he's projected as the 10th receiver taken, that would have put him in the late 3rd round of this years draft. That not overly impressive.

BTW Watkins is projected to be the #1 WR taken.

stalkindoggy, wth are you smoking?

Aug 25, 2013, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: i'll take my chances. i don't think y'all have the wr's to ]

"your front 7 just is too light to sustain that type of success" we go de-270,275; dt- 290,285,300; dt-285,335,275; de-225,280 and the lb's are lb-230,235; lb-235,240; lb-225,215. that is no lack of size. you had probably heard about our interior d-lines height, as a few of'em are on the shorter side, which gives them a lower center of gravity, actually helping them. this is from the post-spring depth chart 2-3 deep, so the weights from this will be a tad off, with the weight either going up or down a few lb's in the direction the coach wants to get to the players fall weight .

Oh, ok.***

Aug 25, 2013, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two ]

Hey Dawg.

Just like you did against us in WB last year, right. "Big Game Murray" can't handle pressure. His decent performace against Bama last year was because of lowered expectations. Bet he couldn't make a 3 foot putt if all the money was at stake. Look forward to seeing him flinch a week from Saturday. Dawgs 0-2. Murray never beats Tigers or #####.

Aug 25, 2013, 12:45 AM

I hope your coaches feel the same way.

Aug 25, 2013, 1:56 AM

My god yall must be plenty scared of this game to camp out on our board , pumping the dawgs , or yall are a bunch of coattail coots that win on paper .

Man get a life , talk your trash on the chicken board , they are use to the smell .

We are a small ACC school , don't worry about us .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our coaches are confident, and that's infectious

Aug 25, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two ]

They are not arrogant. They know it will not be an easy task.

Aug 25, 2013, 1:27 AM

One thing needs to be done: score more than them. Tajh will have a field day against their defense. All out defense needs to do is keep us in it.

Feb 22, 2022, 2:49 PM

You forgot Murray!
He can still throw the ball,and does have a couple of good WR's.

Only one thing needs to happen

Aug 25, 2013, 7:04 AM

score more points

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2013, 9:29 AM

CU hasn't stopped anyone else from running the ball! How in the hell do you think they are going to stop maybe the best backfield in the country? 8 in the box? Please do, we may hang another 70 on Clemson.

Re: Re: Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two

Aug 25, 2013, 9:37 AM

Clemson has a better defense then Bams according to some posters on here

No, no, now that was according to you.

Aug 25, 2013, 10:58 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14209668

But I'm glad you're on board.

^^^ point ^^^

Aug 25, 2013, 11:02 AM

Nice

Aug 25, 2013, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Winning against Dawgs. It ain't rocket science. Only two ]

Georgia is no West Virginia. Georgia is not a fast team. Gurley is a very good back, but he is not explosive. I am more concerned about Marshall's outside running than Gurley's inside running. With our secondary playing against great receivers daily, I think they will perform well against Georgia's passing game. I do not think Georgia's defense is fast or quick enough to match our skill players. Clemson 45, Georgia 31.

Good numbers. +1.***

Aug 25, 2013, 10:51 PM

Turnovers!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2013, 10:51 AM

We need to create them. We need to score points off of them.
And we need to AVOID THEM!!

I know that is obvious......but a defensive TD or quick points off of UGay mistakes would lower my blood pressure during this game.

Go Tigers!!!

Crazy

Aug 25, 2013, 2:44 PM

I love how cocky you are all just because you beat the 6th best team in the SEC last year. I can't wait to be in Clemson and watch you all make excuses as to why you are leaving at halftime when UGA is up by 3 touchdowns

why? to get back in the stadium after turning off the xbox.

Aug 25, 2013, 3:04 PM

to see the 2nd half kick-off.the only place ugay will have 3 td's, is on your game system, against your partner who allows you to score!

Re: Crazy

Aug 25, 2013, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Crazy ]

You really believe that don't you. LSU wasn't the 6th ranked team when they played Alabama for the SEC West title. I'd love to see you be up 3 TDs. The only problem is then you will have to shut your XBOX off and go to sleep. Keep talking.

Re: Re: Crazy

Aug 25, 2013, 4:53 PM

The comment about LSU and Bama has nothing to do with the fact that LSU was the 6th best team last year... And I will be standing beside the gates watching y'all leave as The only people cheering in Death Valley will be UGA fans

wishful thinking. sure hope your a local ugay fan, athens

Aug 25, 2013, 6:18 PM

is a long drive at about 2:00 a.m., when you are still a tad drunk, and a humiliating defeat hanging over your head!

Re: Re: Crazy

Aug 25, 2013, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Crazy ]

Wow! The last game Georgia played was against a non athletic team in Nebraska. Nebraska scored at will against a very good Georgia defense that was filled with future NFL players. It is very hard to imagine that Georgia's defense will be better than last year's defense. Georgia's best defensive back is Swain or Swann and after watching him play against Alabama's Cooper, he has to be very concerned going against our receivers.

You'll be

Aug 25, 2013, 3:01 PM

deaf by halftime boy! Bet you planned to do the same at Willy Brice last season, offensive explosion!

Why the ####

Aug 25, 2013, 5:58 PM

Are you Chodes trolling a Clemson message board? Shouldn't you be beating your wife or working on your 80's Camero or doing some random other white trash thing in your trailer park?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The formula is simple. The wild card is injuries and turnovers.

Aug 25, 2013, 7:05 PM

Our defense is better than their defense. Our offense is equal in stats. Our special teams is better. This is the three formulas and barring the issues mentioned above, Clemson should win but that's why we play the game. Spot the ball!

Re: The formula is simple. The wild card is injuries and turnovers.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:16 PM

The fact that you think your defense is better is funny, the fact that you think your offense is better proves that you are clinically insane.... And yes I am a prod UGA fan and student in Athens and it going to be a great drive back coming from the beating we are going to give y'all

Re: Re: The formula is simple. The wild card is injuries and turnovers.

Aug 25, 2013, 9:16 PM

I think our front 8 is better since 3/4 of yours is gone. You will see Saturday night. Our QB can handle the pressure but Murray is going to have déjà vu of the USC game because our LB are going to be blitzing like their hair is on fire. I never said our offense was better. I said they were very close compared to stats. 2/3 is not bad and will prove to be the difference in the game. Fortunately for you, Monday is labor day so you can sober up and come to grips that you just had your ### whipped on national tv!

There's definitely a 3rd thing, and that's playing all 60

Aug 25, 2013, 8:13 PM

minutes of this game as if their lives depended on it. Each of these teams has the firepower to score fast and often. No lead is safe at any point in the game, and momentum can change at the drop of a hat. I believe Coach has had enough prior experiences now of being up and high fivin' and jivin' too much before the clock reads 0:00. If we wait until 0:00 to celebrate, we just may win this one going away.

Also, our DT squad is bada$$. No need to stack the box. Murray and their running game will have to choose a side, and that's how we'll get them off the field enough times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's also a fourth thing!!!

Aug 25, 2013, 8:31 PM

Wake the #### up!!!! It aint happening!!!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic