Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney's USC comments could be a stroke of genius
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney's USC comments could be a stroke of genius

Dec 2, 2011, 12:28 AM

Swinney's USC comments could be a stroke of genius

What Dabo Swinney said on Thursday night might be looked at late Saturday night as a stroke of genius. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney's USC comments could be a stroke of genius

Dec 2, 2011, 12:37 AM

True Tiger fans have your back too, coach. He just responded with "the facts". The facts with a little passion mixed in.

Who are you to say who a "true" Tiger fan is...***

Dec 2, 2011, 12:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing

Dec 2, 2011, 1:00 AM

A few days ago the whole clemson fan base wants to fire dabo because he is nothing but a cheerleader.

Then he goes off and acts like a cheerleader and they all love him for it.

###?

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Geez, exaggerate much?

Dec 2, 2011, 1:02 AM

There were a couple goofballs wanting to fire Dabo. Get a grip.

Amazing. . . .

Dec 2, 2011, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

Amazing, you are using Tigernet as you barometer for "the whole clemson fan base"

Re: Amazing

Dec 2, 2011, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

All your fan base are belong to us

Dec 2, 2011, 7:41 AM

Classic....LOL

Ugh...What??***

Dec 2, 2011, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazing ]

Dec 2, 2011, 2:11 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

This bag of Funyuns is awesome

What is sad is after your coach pissed in the street,

Dec 2, 2011, 3:36 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

none of you ####### coots wanted him fired.

Get the #### off our site, you SOB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 2, 2011, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

Amazing is right. A few vocal posters get on here and say stupid things like that, but they are the tiny minority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's hillarious that everytime we lose gamecock fans

Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

Say "they all want to fire Dabo." Over the past 2 years I have not talked to anyone that actually wanted to fire Dabo. They may have been upset with his decisions, or wanted a new coordinator but not to have him fired. I think they talk amongst themselves about how much Dabo gets under their skin, and then assume "everyone" wants Dabo fired.

Re: I think it's hillarious that everytime we lose gamecock fans

Dec 2, 2011, 4:48 PM

Pay no attention to coots. My Mother always said never to argue with an idiot (substitute coot here). They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. She was a wise woman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2011, 12:00 AM

its kind of hard not to pay attention when they've won 3 in a row.

Dec 3, 2011, 9:38 AM

No. It really is not. Just start today to never acknowledge them, and you will find that your quality of life will improve exponentially.

Dec 2, 2011, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

Amazing a Gamecock hanging out on a Clemson board.

keep Dabo but Steeles defense cant stop the run and

Dec 2, 2011, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Amazing ]

We rarely if ever blitz effectively. Now I wouldn't mind seeing a new defensive coordinator at all

Dec 2, 2011, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Amazing ]

not the whole fan base,, just selected few of you... go back, look at the good coaches when they were young.. Saban included.. they werent great... they became great... no one great coach will ever come to Clemson because the money will never be enough.. so , lets grow us a great one.. he is already a great recruiter...

Re: Bull crap. A couple days ago a few so called Clemson

Dec 2, 2011, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Amazing ]

fans wanted to fire Dabo. They are the same ones who have wanted to fire him from day one. 90% of the Clemson fanbase solidly support Dabo.

Re: Bull crap. A couple days ago a few so called Clemson

Dec 2, 2011, 1:03 PM

I'd say 90% of the fanbase supports Dabo, "solidly" is a strong word though.

Nobody wants to fire Dabo but you coots!!! Got a little

Dec 2, 2011, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Amazing ]

under your feather I see. LOL!!!

Dec 2, 2011, 1:25 AM

Brownell should love it. Littlejohn will be virulent

Dec 2, 2011, 1:30 PM

thats great a team that has lost to Coastal Carolina and one that has lost to Elon should be quality basketball. LOL

Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic.

Dec 2, 2011, 3:33 AM

Win, and people will claim it was a rallying cry. Lose and people will claim it was an unecessary distraction.

Either way, Dabo should not have launched into a childish, insulting tirade about an unsubstantiated quote from Spurrier-- which was apparently false. http://www.wltx.com/news/article/161612/2/Dabo-Swinney-on-USC-Theyll-Never-Be-Clemson--

If Spurrier (or another coach) had launched into such a childish, insulting tirade about something Dabo didn't actually say, people here would be up in arms. If (insert your disliked political figure) had done that, partisans would be outraged at the lack of class and professionalism.

Sure, Dabo's comments are red meat for us Gamecock loathing fans. But to objective people around the rest of the country, this makes Dabo (and Clemson) look low class. Dabo owes Spurrier a public apology. (I wouldn't be surprised if he's already apologized privately.)

Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic.

Dec 2, 2011, 4:31 AM

Way to post a garnet and black link from Columbia. Get off of here coot. This is the passion our team is missing. Now go back it up guys!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2011, 4:37 AM

"go back it up" seems to be the issue at hand.

Here's the ESPN article on Dabo's tirade about a lie...

Dec 2, 2011, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=7305975

Tirade also mocked on CFB Live TV show. 2nd ESPN piece here

Dec 3, 2011, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/33577/swinney-vs-spurrier-part-ii

Dec 2, 2011, 4:44 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Some of you idiots are too concerned about "what other people think".I for one am glad as h3ll that we have a coach who is old school about rivalries....hate your rival,period.It was a response to a childish comment that was obviosly long overdue.Kudos Dabo,no kissin' @ss here....By the way,we are 9-3

Dec 2, 2011, 6:22 AM

Genius? Sounds like a desperate man! Spurrier didnt even make those comments, Todd Ellis did! All Dabo is doing is making a fool out of himselve.

Himselve? The irony in your post is strong!***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News flash: It doesn't matter who made the comment!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2011, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Now do you understand what Dabo was saying? The University of South Carolina has a long history of disgrace. Steve Spurrier doesn't need to provoke that.

Re: News flash: It doesn't matter who made the comment!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 3, 2011, 12:02 AM

and if you look at it CU has a long history of cheating to win.....Carolina's program is doing better than Clemson's, its clear as day.

It matters now who's made comments I can assure you.

Spurrier said it in his post game presser.***

Dec 2, 2011, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

TOTALLY AGREE with worrying about what others think!

Dec 2, 2011, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

I could care less what others think....its a matter of identity and mine does not come from others opinions. Well said, point for you!

perception matters. people already think cu is hickville and

Dec 2, 2011, 12:55 PM

dabo just reinforces it at every opportunity.

How were his comments yesterday "hick-like"?

Dec 2, 2011, 1:04 PM

I agree that we aren't really the position to talk #### (although what he said was true), but I don't see how they were redneck . Also, I don't think the perception of Clemson is "hickville." The only people I have heard say that are coots (and maybe a UNC fan who was kidding around) and its not like I would expect them to say otherwise. I gladly remind them that their stadium is in the ghetto and their campus and Columbia are ugly.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pumpers kill me. they fret over postings on tnet and cry

Dec 2, 2011, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

about recruits reading this board, but defend a head coach that continually makes clemson and himself look like a joke. wake up pumpers, perception matters. dabo is a chump.

thanks blue caddy

Dec 2, 2011, 12:56 PM

I always look forward to your input.....sigh

Re: thanks blue caddy

Dec 2, 2011, 9:31 PM

will blue caddy ever get religion ? all those posts. all those points ...and a 39 % tiger pulse. i already want dabo to be "the one " and now more than ever so that #1..clemson can take it's rightful place in the permanent elite of cfb and #2 to hear blue caddy cry to rooftops like a die hard pumper.....GO TIGERS.

Excuses Excuses***

Dec 2, 2011, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Propaganda from Cootville***

Dec 2, 2011, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Allow me to take an apology & shove it up your ***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Makes no difference that he wasn't the one that said it. SOS has been known to run his mouth over the years. This year he has run his mouth about Clemson several times even thought y'all were getting ready to play another opponent. If anything this comeback by Dabo is LONG OVERDUE!

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Wow, I should not agree with your tone BUT dadgummit

Dec 2, 2011, 9:21 AM

THATS FUNNY!

You sound like a coot politician

Dec 2, 2011, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

You speak in the current moment, it's merit is based off of right now. You can't go back and say it wasn't smart 2 weeks later if we lose or wait until we win to say it was smart to say.

That's like going for it on 4th and 1 and being all for it, and then when we don't get it saying, "That was a stupid call!!" That logic makes no sense.

DRIBBLE! JUST GO AWAY!***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Get over yourself

Dec 2, 2011, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Your posts are so full of drivel, I'm shocked that you call yourself a Clemson fan.

The junk you spew on STS makes me confident you are one of our worst fans. I'd be happy for you to stop cheering for Clemson permanently, instead of just whining every time we lose and criticizing everyone under the sun. You are the definition of a bandwagon fan.

Spurrier did say it. Last Saturday in his post game press

Dec 2, 2011, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

conference.

Re: Spurrier did say it. Last Saturday in his post game press

Dec 2, 2011, 12:16 PM

Uh, no he didn't. I was at the post game press conference on Saturday and just re-watched it online to be sure. He never said it. I also just read all his quotes from his call in show the other night. He never said it then either. Get your facts straight, because you are embarrassing yourself.

He has indeed said in the past that South Carolina is not LSU or Alabama. It was Todd Ellis that added his own editorial to the end of that statement. If some people aren't able to gather/comprehend that, then bless their hearts....there is no help for them.

Re: Spurrier did say it. Last Saturday in his post game press

Dec 3, 2011, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Spurrier did say it. Last Saturday in his post game press ]

you are wrong...watched it and what he ( Spurrier ) said was historically Clemson has owned us, but they don't right now....thats all.

Dabo should have stay focused on this weekend if he was any kind of coach and not gotten side-tracked by the media...the media 'Gamed' into getting side-tracked. He should have blown it off, but he showed who he truly is with that interview. His team see's all that as well....and all it does is let the loss linger...best to move on.

I like it!

Dec 2, 2011, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

At lease Dabo is behind Clemson and understands it's history. Do you think SOS even knows or cares about USuC’s history and tradition? I know, it s a trick question...their history is a state-wide embarrassment and they have no tradition.

Dec 2, 2011, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

Agree 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, and with the exception of pumpers, most CU fans

Dec 2, 2011, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Win & it'll be genius. Lose & it'll be moronic. ]

were already tired of Dabo constantly running his mouth without getting better results on the field, especially against USC and Spurrier. Spurrier flat owns Dabo in a very ugly way. The last person Dabo needs to be mouthing off to is Spurrier. It looks petty, childish, personal, and makes Dabo look like a sore loser coming less than a week after a USC beat down and 4 consecutive games where Clemson didn't even show up to play. Pumpers need to realize the more time goes by Dabo looks more and more like a guy totally unprepared for the job he's in and objective folks, particularly outside of Clemson, think he's a joke.

Re: Exactly, and with the exception of pumpers, most CU fans

Dec 2, 2011, 9:15 PM

Have you ever thought that most Clemson fans wish you would pull for someone else...

Re: Exactly, and with the exception of pumpers, most CU fans

Dec 2, 2011, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Exactly, and with the exception of pumpers, most CU fans ]

i think dabo is secure in tiger town for 2 more years. i think it's 50/50 that he will have met expectations by then. saint danny ford had a train wreck or two during his magnificent tenure. are you so sure dabo's not the one ? do you really want a coach with the personality of a dial tone like saban or beamer...they win but , my god, their wins are about as exciting as watching paint dry....man come on..dabo said if he only has 35 wins after 5 years (spurrior's record after 5) that he (dabo) should be gone. i am going to will dabo to success and your anemic tiger pulse too.

WHATEVER! Talk is cheap.***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:17 AM

Bad timing with this article

Dec 2, 2011, 8:39 AM

Let me start by saying I loved Dabo's comments. As smug at Spurrier has been (as well as the #### fans as of late), this was just what was needed to stand up for the team and show some fire in the belly, which will hopefully be reflected in the team on Saturday.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole "Todd Ellis said it" rebuttal is nonsense. He said "as Steve Spurrier says", and now they are trying to hide from the childish comments.

Now, as for this article (mainly the headline), I think it's terrible timing. This is an article you write AFTER the Va Tech game, looking back in retrospect, not before. There's enough controversy right now, the last thing we need is to build up our guys' expectations, when we have a poor track record as of late. And I don't buy the line that it was genius that it takes the pressure off the players and puts it on Swinney. If anything it's the direct opposite! It puts ALL the pressure on the players to prove Swinney right. We had a great position of being the underdog, with fire in our eyes, until article effectively is "calling our shot".

Hopefully it works out for us - we'll know soon enough

It was NOT a "rant"

Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM

It was very matter of fact. Very calm and rational. As Coach Swinney said, he is going to defend his team, his program, and Clemson University.

Re: It was NOT a "rant"

Dec 2, 2011, 10:13 AM

Exactly! He calmly delivered the truth.

doesn't matter if its true, the timing makes dabo look like

Dec 2, 2011, 12:57 PM

a sore loser.

thanks blue caddy

Dec 2, 2011, 12:59 PM

I always look forward to your input....sigh

Re: doesn't matter if its true, the timing makes dabo look like

Dec 2, 2011, 9:56 PM [ in reply to doesn't matter if its true, the timing makes dabo look like ]

If he doesn't answer the question then everyone would have been calling him a wimp and saying he doesn't care about the Carolina game. It was a no win situation, so I see no problem with him answering the question.

The media got exactly what they wanted.

Dec 2, 2011, 11:03 AM

Are you kidding me.. "Stretch of imagination" Clemson wins Saturday nite. Clemson blows out VT on the road, and you act like it would be a huge upset if they beat VT Saturday. VT has beat no body...Arkansas ST, Marshall, App. ST, East Carolina and Duke are almost half their wins. Give me a break, VT is most over rated top 5 ranked team EVER!
This from a writer who last week, basically predicted a blow out over their arch rival.. Well you were correct, it was a BLOW OUT!

I love Dabo's comments!

Dec 2, 2011, 11:14 AM

I see that a lot of people think that he should just shut up and win. But let's face it, that's not Dabo's style - and to be honest, I agree with a line from this article that Dabo didn't really understand this rivarly. Spurrier does not like Clemson, he's made that clear a number of times - but Dabo (in my opinion has always had a certain affection for SOS), going back to 2008 when he said he had once looked up to him to 2009 when Spurrier supposedly told Dabo to go win the ACC Championship and make the state proud. Not anymore.

I think Dabo gets it now. His sole focus was on winning the Atlantic Division and an ACC Championship because he sat around under TBowden and watched him go 10 years beating SCar more than not - but still couldn't keep his job in the end because he couldn't win an ACC Championship. Dabo's focus wasn't the coots, it was the ACC Championship. Now, it won't be - this game now means something to Dabo.

I know a lot of people are saying that Dabo should just win and shut Spurrier up, but is the regular 'coaches-speak' the week before the USuC game really going to make these players from Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, etc. understand this rivarly? I think Dabo might have just started the spark that is going to heat this rivarly up and gain favor for the Tigers.

oh my pumper excuses are getting even more lame than i

Dec 2, 2011, 1:01 PM

thought possible.

yea, dabo really had the team focused going into those last 3 conference games, didn't he?

if VT blows us out saturday, which is looking not only possible but probable, pumpers are going to seriously need to shut up.

USC comments?

Dec 2, 2011, 12:14 PM

I only heard him make one USC comment "USC is in California"

Dec 2, 2011, 1:37 PM

David Hood get your facts straight. Spurrier never said it. Keep talking, we will keep whipping Dabo's butt. I figure if he loses the tallest midget contest known as the ACC championship then loses to South Carolina next year again, then this time next year we will be reading about his firing on the national sports media. What will you ask him then.

Smart people do not believe everything they hear or read. I guess Dabo's believed it. LOL.

Swing and a miss***

Dec 2, 2011, 9:34 PM

Dec 2, 2011, 9:49 PM

Even though i am a Gamecock, i must admit that i like and have pulled for Dabo. However, no offense, but the use of the words Dabo and genius in the same paragraph is an oximoron of the highest order.
AN OLD GAMECOCK

Strange how Dabo....

Dec 3, 2011, 12:07 AM

strange how Dabo said he had always been complimentary of Carolina's program but then went off on his rant against Carolina ( the USC). Well, its understandable he's sore after losing his 3rd straight to Carolina.....maybe he should acknowledge Carolina in Columbia since they've won four out of the last five and probably headed for the 4th win in a row next year.....wait til next year has never sounded so good.

Dec 4, 2011, 1:43 AM

Hey Crump, nice call. Got any stock market tips??

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic