Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Williams fumble: If anyone can find the rule that prohibits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,147

Williams fumble: If anyone can find the rule that prohibits

Sep 4, 2016, 4:57 PM

the Auburn player who was out of bounds from stripping the ball, please post it and/or a link to it here. I could have sworn it was illegal, but after searching the rule book, I can find no such rule. Apparently a player who is out of bounds can touch and/or tackle a player who is in bounds. Looks like the ref made the right call after all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Williams fumble: If anyone can find the rule that prohibits

Sep 4, 2016, 5:01 PM

I don't think it's that he can't strip it or cause a tackle when out of bounds, but being out of bounds and touching a loose ball certainly makes that loose ball out of bounds. In that case, it would have been fumbled out of bounds and our ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 5:10 PM

Correct, a player OB cannot touch a lose ball. That means if he did strip the ball the moment he touched it the ball would be OB. No rule against going OB and then coming back on to cause a fumble but if you are currently OB which he was you can't touch a lose ball.

null

Can a player go out of bounds and come back inbounds on his

Sep 4, 2016, 5:01 PM

own a catch a pass? He was touching the loose ball while out of bounds....

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Can a player go out of bounds and come back inbounds on his

Sep 4, 2016, 5:16 PM

If forced OOB, the player can be the first to touch the ball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

No, but that rule is specific to a player catching a pass.

Sep 4, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Can a player go out of bounds and come back inbounds on his ]

I can find no such rule which applies to a defensive player going out of bounds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Here it is:

Sep 4, 2016, 5:14 PM

a.121 A defensive player that is out of the field of play may not re-enter the field of play and intercept and/or interfere with a turnover. If the player has lateral movement to the sidelines and remains inbounds he is considered an active player. If the player is deemed out of the field of play at any time he is considered inactive for the play and all surrounding defensive actions including interception and fumble recovery.
a.122 Unless said player plays for Auburn.

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Here it is:

Sep 4, 2016, 5:17 PM

exactly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

LOL! Good 'un.***

Sep 4, 2016, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Here it is: ]

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 4, 2016, 5:18 PM

I haven't seen it on TV yet. But every replay I saw on the big screen at the game looked like the out of bounds player missed the ball when he swiped at it. Looked like the inside player hit it. Apparently replay booth thought the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was pretty clear that the oob player caused it.***

Sep 4, 2016, 5:22 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Agreed. The replay is pretty definitive that the oob player

Sep 4, 2016, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Williams fumble: If anyone can find the rule that prohibits ]

actually caused the fumble. Without his hand on the ball, it never comes out.

does that constitute "interfering" with a turnover?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Sep 4, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Williams fumble: If anyone can find the rule that prohibits ]

On the replay the players foot was on the ground OOB and his had was ripping the ball out. Palmer even said it should be Clemson ball once he noticed Dabo say he was OOB. At first he was thinking Dabo was referring to Williams then he noticed the Db foot on the ground.

I heard that too, but apparently there is no rule against th***

Sep 4, 2016, 6:03 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic