Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will next years team be as good as this years or even close?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Will next years team be as good as this years or even close?

Jun 11, 2017, 9:31 PM

Losing all 4 starting pitchers including full weekend rotation and a mid-week starter who won almost every game he pitched.Also losing 4 of the 5 most productive offensive players.

This was the season Jack Leggett was preparing for. When Eubanks, Krahl, Barnes, Rohlman, Pinder and Cox were in their final year on the team, Beer and Cal Raleigh would be sophomores and Logan Davidson's a freshman. Along with the new player facility and less academic restrictions on transfers coming in. This was the season and the team Leggett was waiting for.

Monte Lee gets a lot of credit for winning the ACC tournament last season. But the blame for not making it out of the regionals the last 2 seasons falls on the fact that he is playing with the previous coaches players. How can we give him the credit for the accomplishments of the previous coaches player but not the criticism for their falling short in the regionals each of the last 2 seasons?

After Lee being in the program for 2 years in a sport where the best players only stick around for 3 years, almost all of the production has come from Leggett recruits. We have seen nothing from Monte Lee recruits or his coaching ability at Clemson that should make anyone believe things will improve next year or the year after. Maybe he will be successful. I hope so. But based off of what we have seen why are so many here on this board and elsewhere in Tiger land so positive about the future of this baseball program?

We cannot base it on his success at Charleston. We know that John Pawloski was successful at Charleston but that did not translate into success at Auburn.

The 3 coaches who could well have been Legget's replacements had DRAD managed the situation better and Leggett was allowed to leave on his own terms, Corbin, Schlossnagle and O'Sullivan, are all playing in the super regionals. One of them knocked Clemson out in the regionals at Clemson.

Let's hope this turns out better than it has started. A lot of people seem to think it will but with no proof or reason at all to believe so. Only time will tell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm

Jun 11, 2017, 9:53 PM

Is this serious?

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Umm

Jun 11, 2017, 10:04 PM

Absolutely it is

Well, it is Tigersowell/charlies/dothemath...

Jun 14, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Umm ]

so take it for what it's worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Ask him what the hardest infield position is***

Jun 14, 2017, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Umm ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Will next years team be as good as this years or even close?

Jun 11, 2017, 10:07 PM

I'm sure this is a troll pot, but please get your facts together before you troll. its more effective that way.
1) its spelled "krall"
2) did jack know rudy would come back for his 5th year?
3) would jack have signed daivdson?
4) wasn't williams, a lee signee, at least a comparable player to Raleigh?
5) that mid week starter, tyler jackson, was a lee signee. no way to know if jack signs him.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will next years team be as good as this years or even close?***

Jun 11, 2017, 10:12 PM

Jun 11, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Will next years team be as good as this years or even close? ]

Not a troll but thanks for your reply. Mis-typed Kralls name. Sorry that bothers you so much. Davidson committed under Legget, you are right though, no way to know if he actually signs under Leggett or not. Reasonable to believe Cox would have been back either way. He was not getting drafted. Raleigh has at least one year left at FSU, Williams is gone. Raleigh manages a pitching staff that is headed to the CWS. Raleigh is headed to the CWS. Maybe Leggett does not sign Jackson. My post never said he would have. Maybe he does. Who knows

Jun 11, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Will next years team be as good as this years or even close? ]

All due respect. I think any facts I stated were accurate. Aside from the spelling of Krall's name. Which I apologize for

Jun 11, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Will next years team be as good as this years or even close? ]

All due respect. I think any facts I stated were accurate. Aside from the spelling of Krall's name. Which I apologize for

Jun 11, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Will next years team be as good as this years or even close? ]

In full disclosure that was my first post on any message board ever. Thank you for your warm welcome. God bless

The question is ...

Jun 11, 2017, 11:49 PM

Should Jack have had to "prepare" for the planets to align for one season at that stage in his career. The coaching change was made mainly because Jack was not getting it done consistently.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we will be better next year

Jun 12, 2017, 12:27 AM

I trust the recruiting and development that Monte has done. I do believe it will be two more seasons before we really get to the type of team Monte will recruit and the depth he will carry over. It takes at least a year for him to get his recruiting in the direction it will be using the strengths of recruiting at Clemson to their fullest.

If you look back at history it's the 4-5 year when big changes are felt and kept at most major programs. I believe our aggressive hitting will be much improved next year and our pitchers will be better by the latter part of the season next year. I believe we will host again but we will win our regional this time.

This program is on the rise with Monte, I believe we all will be proud of our baseball program for years to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I believe we will be better next year

Jun 12, 2017, 1:30 AM

im not sure why you think Williams is gone? Williams is only a JR.
its not even a done deal with a few others......

Pender, Barnes, Rohlman, Schnell, are all JR's. im not saying they are all gone or they are all staying...
Eubanks will be a Jr. next season.....

what I can see is that Williams will be moved to First base and Wilkie will be our Catcher. He really improved the more at bats he got... and he has a great arms in throwing out runners.

if all those JRs, come back then I think we will be just fine.

Jun 14, 2017, 9:32 AM

Very good post Purple Tiger but anyone could have predicted the reception it would get here.

Jun 14, 2017, 9:58 AM

Bingo! Pawlowski good at c of c failed at big 5 school, doubt lee succeed s here but you are right about picking any top notch coach at clemson by the way his firing was handled. He had a personL vendetta to get rid of jack. Because he sure has t got rid of the worst basketball coach st clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 9:59 AM

I understand where you are coming from but this incoming freshman class will be Monte's first true recruiting class outside of "recruiting" Davidson and last year's recruits to actually come to campus.

Weston Jackson underachieved a bit but was a really solid 4th outfielder and had some big at bats in big games, Tyler Jackson was dominant against the lesser competition in midweek games, and Chris Williams was a Monte Lee recruit who turned out ok. Losing Cal Raleigh and Jackson Kowar after Jack was let go definitely hurt, that's a big bat and a big arm that would be obvious difference makers on this team. But those kinds of things happen to everyone.

It's pretty tough to say the guy can't recruit when he actually hasn't done any recruiting of his own talent. He won big games with CofC players against much better competition at a consistent clip.

The reason why I'm positive about the future is the body language of this team. They play loose, they have fun, and they go into games expecting to win. I won't crap on Jack Leggett but I never used to expect to win some of those big ACC series with our teams and they probably had more talent. It's a diffferent vibe and I trust Monte, honestly.

Also, we were never going to get Corbin, O'Sullivan, or Schlossnagle. If I recall none of those three wanted to follow their mentor. You saw it happen at Southern Cal when they tried to hire from the Pete Carroll tree and it always failed. Monte Lee is a fresh start and a fresh slate not from the leggett tree that we probably needed.

Clemson is not the Clemson of the early 2000s and before. Our facilities were slipping and so wwas our recruiting, it is going to take a couple seasons to get back to that. To expect a new coach to come in and we are all of a sudden a blue-blood like Vanderbilt, Florida, LSU, TCU, etc. is pretty ambitious.

Jun 17, 2017, 9:10 PM

It will be interesting to see next years team. We did lose a lot. We won't know until we see who all is on the team next year and what production we get from the new guys. Montes first year exceeded expectations until the regional loss. This past year started well but tailed off significantly. I believe Year 3 could go either way at this point.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic