Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Watson be a #1 draft pick after next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Will Watson be a #1 draft pick after next year?

Aug 17, 2015, 11:51 AM

NFL scouts are all over him... "Marcus Mariota with accuracy"

If he has 2 great years I see him being at least a top 5 pic.

What say you? ( shout out to LBB)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Watson be a #1 draft pick after next year?

Aug 17, 2015, 11:53 AM

If Winston proved anything it is that you only need 1 year. He is already turning heads. With his talent and physical gifts he could not play for two years and still get drafted. If he can lead this team to the playoffs you are looking at a #1 pick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He has the tools and the QB position isn't going to become

Aug 17, 2015, 11:53 AM

any less crucial over the next two years, so there's definitely a chance.

Aug 17, 2015, 12:21 PM

If he stays healthy, he has a shot at being THE #1 pick in a couple of years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Aug 17, 2015, 12:48 PM

Exactly, I believe he has to prove this year and next those injuries were a fluke and that he can stay healthy...also i think he needs to bulk up or add some weight IMO to be successful in the NFL unless they turn him into a pocket passer primarily, which he is VERY capable of. He has the tools and mindset to easily be top 5 if not #1...just gotta keep him healthy.

Aug 17, 2015, 1:25 PM

Agreed, a healthy Watson = top 5 pick. Also have the potential of seeing Brad Kaaya, Kyle Allen, and JT Barrett coming out early at the same time.

I think even with 2 monster years, his size may

Aug 17, 2015, 1:30 PM

not be what the NFL is looking for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a bit thin, but 6'2 isn't that small for an NFL QB. We

Aug 17, 2015, 2:10 PM

aren't talking Russell Wilson here. 6'2 is the same height as Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Matt Stafford, Teddy Bridgewater, Andy Dalton, RG3, Derek Carr, and some others.

I think the NFL is opening their eyes to the slighter smaller QB a lot more than in the past, especially if they can move well and throw outside of the pocket which Watson seems capable of doing.

Yeah, it is the thinness that would concern me more.***

Aug 17, 2015, 5:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Montana too....

Aug 17, 2015, 7:06 PM [ in reply to He's a bit thin, but 6'2 isn't that small for an NFL QB. We ]

the all time leader in QB rating in NFL history. I bet Watson is at least 20lbs heavier by the time he is ready for the combine..

That would be awesome..

Aug 17, 2015, 1:30 PM

If he can pack on another 25 pounds by then I wouldn't be surprised a bit. We may win a national title which will obviously be huge as well for his exposure. I definitely think he will be a top 10 pick at worst.

Aug 17, 2015, 2:06 PM

Possible. Has to stay healthy. He's Brady in the pocket with Geno Smith body. He's the best qb in the ACC this decade when healthy.

Possible. Has to stay healthy. He's Brady in the pocket with Geno Smith body. He's the best qb in the ACC this decade when healthy.

Aug 17, 2015, 4:45 PM

Wow. That's a lot of pressure to put on him. Kinda feel like there will be a lot of unnecessary blow back if he has a bad game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

gag...

Aug 17, 2015, 6:33 PM
IMG_0950.JPG(57.7 K)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yea... Lmao. I'm sure DW is reading Internet message boards.

Aug 17, 2015, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Watson be a #1 draft pick after next year? ]

And feeling the pressure that comes from the interweb. ??

Aug 17, 2015, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

is there an echo in the room?

Aug 17, 2015, 4:00 PM

Stand on the stool Bob, I can't see you

Better than Logan Thomas? **

Aug 17, 2015, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Watson be a #1 draft pick after next year? ]

nm

i didn't read the comments. i'm sure no one's mentioned -

Aug 17, 2015, 4:02 PM

IF HE STAYS HEALTHY.

cant you say that about any collegiate athlete?

Aug 17, 2015, 7:09 PM

"If he stays healthy"

Yes but he'll need to add some weight

Aug 17, 2015, 6:15 PM

He's that good he could go first.

Aug 17, 2015, 6:21 PM

I think Watson has the ability to be a top NFL pick. He is good no doubt but he has a long way to go. DW has not done enough yet to say he will be the #1 pick.

Let me help you out.

Aug 17, 2015, 6:31 PM

In order to reach your self admitted goal of more points, your subject could have been:

"I just heard Watson is filling out his NFL paperwork at the end of this season. I hope this is not true."

Or...

"Is there any chance we'd give Swag Kelly another shot once Watson fills out his NFL paperwork at the end of the season? Dabo really needs to consider this."

Or...

"Sure hope Bob and LBU had fun at the parade, I know they were looking forward to it."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

i appreciate the help... I really do, but.

Aug 17, 2015, 7:14 PM

I never admitted any goal for points earlier today. My post was merely an observation about TNet as a whole and the lack of TU's for all.

Point. Thanks for making Monday a little more fun.***

Aug 17, 2015, 7:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

that was my goal!***

Aug 17, 2015, 8:43 PM

Possible... only so long as if he were to bag a natty and heisman trophy.

Aug 17, 2015, 7:51 PM

Seems too competitive to settle on returning without 1 of the 2.

In that scenario, I'm fine either way and you should be too ;)

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic