Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Muschamp : The Real
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Will Muschamp : The Real

Jun 14, 2018, 10:44 AM

I will preface by saying that I am a lifelong Clemson fan and I distrust , disassociate with when possible and utterly disdain all things University of Sakerlina .
Let me also state that I am giving my opinion and it's a little oranged if you will .
Will Muschamp cannot win the SECe or a conference title in Columbia . I think it's more than fair to look at what he did in the same division and the same conference at a much more prominent player on the CFB scene and say that if he failed there , no WAY is he winning it at SCar. No way .
Again , my opinion .
Steve Spurrier ... much as I despised him simply had one of the best offensive minds in the game's history, he bolstered that at USuC with some highly talented defenses .
Still couldn't get it done . Won that 2010 division title , then got crushed in the CG .if a guy like Spurrier fell down the well in Cola Town ... it's my assertion that the current guy is just biding his time .
Maybe I am wrong , but I feel pretty good about my assertion .
No way Will Muschamp ever tops the hill at Coot U .
Not happening.
That's the real .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Will Muschamp : The Real

Jun 14, 2018, 10:48 AM

From your lips to God's ears!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 10:53 AM

I respect this post. The reason is because you have stated this is your opinion. Everyone has their own opinion. I like seeing other people’s opinions. We can agree to disagree, that’s the beauty of being an American. My opinion which I feel strongly about is that he will get us to the SEC championship either this year or next. It will take a while for Florida or tenneseee to come up, and UGA has just lost too much of last years team. 30 something total. We were one of the youngest teams in the Country last year and won 9 games. That second game of the season agaisnt UGA in Columbia could define the season. We win and I think we will be in ATL. If we lose we might come in 2nd or 3rd in the division. I see a realistic 10-2 with losses to Clemson and a slip up to someone we shouldn’t lose to. If we beat everyone in the East with that record and slip up to maybe A&M we go to Atlanta.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 10:56 AM

Well what's your opinion? Do you really believe like most coots that he will take yall to the promise land?

Jun 14, 2018, 11:02 AM

They will say yes bc they don't have a choice, nor do they have anything else to believe in other than women's basketball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

My opinion is that you are on the wrong board to be agreeing to disagree with anything being said by a true Tiger fan on a Tiger board. I 100% believe in my opinion on this subject, Period!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

You're a dumbas$ and deserve a TD so I'm giving you one. Back to cootsylvania with you.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

By the way, you're a coot and that's just barely being an American, if at all.

Jun 14, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

Good grief dood

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you have a college QB transfer to USuCk in the offseason

Jun 14, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

that I'm unaware of? If not, then you're not winning the SEC LEast. You can't even beat Kentucky, much less UGA, UT and UF.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 14, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

If South Carolina gets Clemson and Alabama back to back this year we'll have another chapter to add to the "This is SC" story.

That will be an absolute blood bath

7-5 is more realistic than 10-2

Jun 14, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

Along with Clemson and UGA, UF and A&M are going to drag you up and down the field. Muschamp also needs to figure out how to beat Kentucky.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Plain and simple

Jun 14, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

Just as "slurrier" did "muschump" is laughing all the way to the bank. When your only source of pride is to say "but we're in the sec" that's pretty sad but as a matter of reality the "dirt peckers" have no history to brag about. The best option for the "chickens" would be to join to Southern Conference....wait a minute that's where the Citadel plays. Chicken is as chicken does, that's plain and simple.

I respect and appreciate you opinion because there...

Jun 14, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

was a time when Clemson fans felt the same way about three or four scrub coaches. Hatfield, West and Bowden. The only thing those guys had going for them was integrity.

You are left with two possible positions. You can weigh the evidence with absolute logic or you can go all emotional and become confused. Imo, you are operating under emotions.

You have no trouble remembering SOS' arrival and how he took your program from the trash bin and established a successful program. That's your perspective, not mine. SOS beat us five times in a row and it wasn't because you had more talent overall. It was because of SOS' coaching skills.

The reason I say you're opinion is based on emotion and not logic is that you're leaving out the part of the SOS story where he intentional destroyed two recruiting classes due to him not getting the lengths and compensation on his extensions.

Indeed, what does that have to do with your program's recently success? When you've been at the bottom of your division and moved into the upper middle you're apt to be emotional and looking for the success you once had.

Mucschamp isn't SOS. SOS killed when he had the Florida job and if you check his career you'll see that he moved up every time he made a move from one NCAA school to another. Meanwhile he coaching got better and better and imo, his greatest achievement was success at So Carolina. None before has accomplished what he did in Columbia and until you find a coach who is coming up in the ranks instead of being the third or fourth choice of some conference cellar dweller none ever will.

I'm sorry, there may be another time during which one or two of the football power houses in your conference will suffer years of rebuilding but I doubt you'll see all of them fall off the map at the same time.

The smart thing for you is to go back to FGF where you won't have to face the cruel truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

How strongly do you believe in your opinion?! Because if you’re confident, I’ve got a hefty little wager for you. Hefty.

Take a look young man and educate yourself. Serious post here.

Jun 14, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

You simply do not have the talent to do what you want to do yet. I don’t care what Georgia lost. They will reload with guys you’ve never heard of and beat you. Florida? The talent has been there for years and now they seem to have a coach that knows what he’s doing. If they halfways get it together you’re not going to beat them with the talent they have. A&M also has a lot more talent than SC. Recruit rankings are certainly not the ultimate indicator of talent but I’ve seen enough of these teams and yours to know that you’re not ready to go to the SECCG. You guys do not have the benefit of playing four teams who will be firing their coaches at the end of the year this year. You won’t win the east. Tennessee? It’s difficult to tell where they will be with Pruitt but I doubt they stay down long. Of course that’s what I’ve been thinking about them for the last 15 years. Honest opinion. You guys aren’t ready for the big time yet and I seriously doubt Muschamp is capable of getting you there.

http://gridironnow.com/recruiting-rankings-sec-schools-five-years/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

As for personnel losses, UGA had exactly two guys drafted off that defense and only one of them was a superstar. Plenty of experience returns on that side of the ball. UGA won't have Clemson's defense but they'll have plenty enough to win the East. I also keep hearing how SC might win because the game is week 2. Isn't it game 2 for SC also? Everyone is supposed to believe UGA won't know how to play football by week 2 but SC will be soaring. Isn't SC the team breaking in a new OC? I wonder if Kirby Smart knows it's a conference game? Think Kirby will have the Dawgs looking ahead to Middle Tennessee on week 3? Oh yeah, the final reason SC will win: They've "circled the game on the schedule."

Jun 14, 2018, 1:07 PM

You make too much sense, Dawg! But USC fans never deal in reality so I’m sure week 2 will be a wake up call for them.

Jun 14, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

You're far too rational for a Dawg. But I digress: I agree that anyone who says UGA is "depleted" isn't paying attention. Ya'll are loaded.

Can't wait to find out when we play. I've never viewed USCjr. as a "rival"---they're more like a whipping boy with a big mouth. Our true rivals are FSU and UGA.

Good luck, beat the dirtpeckers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Facts will only confuse them Dawg...

Jun 14, 2018, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

or simply be ignored and dismissed at anti-Capon rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Clearly you are aware

Jun 14, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

Of their delusion.

Jun 14, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

You won 9 games against a schedule that had 4 coaches fired plus La Tech and Wofford!!!

You won 9 games because you played a creampuff schedule...

Jun 14, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

and you came d@mn close to losing five of those.

You got throttled by the only decent teams you faced and this year will be no different.

$CU simply lacks the coaching and the talent to compete at an elite level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Win a championship "this year or the next"?!?!?!?

Jun 14, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

Put down the crackpipe, dirtpecker. You won't sniff a championship in your LIFETIME.

Your window of opportunity closed LAST season. FL, TN and UGA are going to be better---heck, ya'll can't even beat Kentucky. Kentucky. Get used to being the perennial beaudreaux butt paste bowl participants in Shreveport.

Screw Calford.

Returning average players for another season does not

Jun 14, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

guarantee wins if other teams improve with new and better players. You would be better off if Jake (from State Farm) Bentley gives up football. Is the Citadel on your schedule this year?

Jun 14, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

I respect your enthusiasim for team, but like all of your other "guarantees" in your previous posts it's blind wishful thinking on your part. SC will be a mediocre team this year. The fact that they've been mentioned as an SECE contender is just a sign of how crappy the SEC East is. Even if they do, they'll get embarrassed in the championship game again like they did before in their one other previous trip.

Jun 14, 2018, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

UGA says hi

played in the national championship game last year and had nations best recruiting class

big hurdle for the chickens

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

Well, you are probably a nice young man, but let me guess. You are young (guessing a 2014 grad by your handle) and probably just not familiar with Scar football, in a historical context. Go back and review 118+ years of your program and then comeback and tell us why you have any optimism about winning a conference championship. Your report will be interesting.

Jun 14, 2018, 10:54 AM

I 100% Agree with this assertion!!!! ;)

I will preface by saying that I am a lifelong Clemson fan and I distrust , disassociate with when possible and utterly disdain all things University of Sakerlina .
Let me also state that I am giving my opinion and it's a little oranged if you will .
Will Muschamp cannot win the SECe or a conference title in Columbia . I think it's more than fair to look at what he did in the same division and the same conference at a much more prominent player on the CFB scene and say that if he failed there , no WAY is he winning it at SCar. No way .
Again , my opinion .
Steve Spurrier ... much as I despised him simply had one of the best offensive minds in the game's history, he bolstered that at USuC with some highly talented defenses .
Still couldn't get it done . Won that 2010 division title , then got crushed in the CG .if a guy like Spurrier fell down the well in Cola Town ... it's my assertion that the current guy is just biding his time .
Maybe I am wrong , but I feel pretty good about my assertion .
No way Will Muschamp ever tops the hill at Coot U .
Not happening.
That's the real .

Jun 14, 2018, 11:25 AM

Carolinagrad is a perfect example of a coot fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 12:17 PM

I don’t understand all the optimism from SC fans. It’s not even cautious optimism either. They are fully confident that this is going to be a good year. They look at their record from last year and say that they have pretty much everyone returning so this year should be better. I think they are overlooking one important fact, they were a bad team last year. They need to rewatch the Tennessee game for starters. They barely squeaked a win from a very bad Tenn team. Is this the case of being the best of the bad? Since everyone in our division sucks, we are going to have a good year???

Jun 14, 2018, 1:10 PM

They overachieved last year. They're in for a disappointing season.

I think they do just as well this year due to that weak...

Jun 14, 2018, 3:24 PM

schedule.

Jun 14, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Muschamp : The Real ]

lots of games they won last year could have easily gone the other way...EASILY

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone else hear an echo?

Jun 14, 2018, 12:18 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Sos-was-the-best-of-his-generation-23620548

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as long as Saban is at Bama and Smart is at UGA*****

Jun 14, 2018, 3:22 PM

Jun 14, 2018, 3:43 PM

TigerDug's opinion has already stirred up a hornet's nest. Look at the needles already stuck in the torso of our visitor from Gamecock land. We even have a Georgia Bulldog joining the discussion and he touched on a point that is very important. We often look at what our opponents have lost but those high ranking players that were sitting on the sidelines last year are going to be on the playing field this year. That's what is known as reloading and having that sort of talent ready, willing and able does not bode well for some team that has lacked depth and talent at most positions. Bentley may be a good QB against an average D, but his lack of success against Clemson is a clear statement of how he will fare against any team with a good D.

I remember those years when we thought our Tigers were "world beaters" but soon discovered we were not on the same level as our opponents. Hope lives eternal in the hearts of most men but there are times when we should concentrate on facts rather than wishes.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 6:25 PM

Soon he will adopt and accept their "Commitment to Mediocrity."

Sort of like the Oakland Raiders of CFB except that the Raiders have a storied past and actually accomplished some past greatness.
USuC will never obtain even a slight modicum of success. Failure is ingrained in their DNA.

Jun 14, 2018, 7:16 PM

You just said it best lol

If you live in a chicken coop

Jun 14, 2018, 6:41 PM

You're gonna get chicken shot on your feathers.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic