Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,487

Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe

Mar 26, 2018, 11:37 AM

be selected in the NBA Draft? If So, what pick? I think Grantham would’ve for sure been drafted if it wasn’t for his knee injury. Now i’m not so sure about either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe

Mar 26, 2018, 11:42 AM

I don't think so, it's very tough to be drafted to the NBA. With there being only 60 picks and a lot of talented players the odds are not in their favor.

That said, Devoe really progressed this year and teams need good shooters off the bench. Grantham would've had a great shot, but with the knee injury it's more likely he will be headed overseas. Hopefully he can recover and do well and ultimately make it to the NBA one day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing would please me more

Mar 26, 2018, 11:46 AM

Than to see either or both of these guys make it in the NBA and W Carter from Duke get sent home

Mar 26, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe ]

I agree about Grantham, he would’ve been perfect for the NBA with his jumpshot and athleticism. Now it’ll be tough to see if those qualities will remain very good after his injury

Mar 26, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe ]

If DeVoe was two or three inches taller, I could see him being taken in the second round. I agree that overseas play is likely for both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 3:11 PM

Devoe is just on the edge of the lower end of shooting guard height in the NBA. I think he would have a shot at a roster if a team really likes him, but I don't think he could ever be more than a few minutes off the bench type of player.

He will succeed overseas, or if not he has his degree and was outstanding academically in his time here. A great role model for the younger guys on the team, and a true Clemson man.

Sadly, if Devoe were 2-3 inches taller, Clemson probably

Mar 26, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe ]

doesn't sign him.

A 6'5" shooting guard with his range and touch would probably have ended up at UNC, Duke, or at least NC State or Wake Forest.

IMHO, Devoe is the classic Clemson player who has an outstanding high school career, but for some reason is lacking whatever "measurable" the more established programs are looking for and thus he accepts a Clemson offer where he takes a couple of years to mature and refine his game, finally coming around to star in his junior or senior year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Mar 26, 2018, 3:06 PM

I think Grantham had an outside shot before the injury. I would say no on both. I think they both can have great careers in Europe and retire by the age of 30. That's sounds pretty sweet too to me.

Re: No.

Mar 26, 2018, 3:23 PM

Have to agree with Carlsbad, can have fun and great career abroad. And with some developing and further growth, may get to the bigs. Although I must admit I have no idea how much that occurs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but they'll sign deals professionally

Mar 26, 2018, 4:13 PM

Whether that's overseas or with the NBA's developmental league.

Plus, there are Americans making a couple million per year..

Mar 26, 2018, 4:21 PM

abroad playing basketball.

Mar 26, 2018, 4:43 PM

Even if Donte didn’t get injured, I don’t think either have the combo of body/skill the NBA looks for. Gabe proved this year he’s one of the most talented scorers to come through Clemson, but I really think he would struggle on the defensive end with the height and speed he would see.

Poor guys are going to have to travel all over Europe for free, getting paid six figures to play the game they love.

Mar 26, 2018, 5:06 PM

Donte was 6'8" 220, that's the body type they look for at the small forward position. He definitely would've probably been a second round pick with the progression he had made.

Devoe can score, but as you mentioned his defense lacks sometimes and he's on the smaller side for a SG in the league. That said not a lot of defense is played in the NBA anymore, so that's not something that would hurt him.

You are right about them living the sweet life in Europe though.

They play D in the NBA and it would hurt Devoe big time*****

Mar 26, 2018, 5:10 PM

Re: They play D in the NBA and it would hurt Devoe big time*****

Mar 26, 2018, 5:17 PM

I said not a lot of D, which is accurate.

He would be a liability, because they D up big time in games

Mar 26, 2018, 5:27 PM

that matter. They are slack sometimes, but they D up in crunch time and in the playoffs.

Re: He would be a liability, because they D up big time in games

Mar 26, 2018, 5:43 PM

That is true, if he was to be picked up (which I'm not saying he will, it's a long shot) then he would be a small minutes player in the regular season but most likely not in the playoffs.

Definitely disagree about no defense being played in the NBA

Mar 26, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Donte Grantham or Gabe Devoe ]

Rule changes have made it easier to score and NBA players are just much, much better offensively than college players so the scores are a lot higher, but the level is defense in the NBA is high... especially in the playoffs.

Re: Definitely disagree about no defense being played in the NBA

Mar 26, 2018, 5:18 PM

There is defense played, but it's not a lot of it, until the playoffs as you mentioned but that's a different story.

Based on your statement you would rather have a player that is better offensively than defensively, and we agree Devoe's strength would be offense correct?

Possibile

Mar 27, 2018, 12:28 PM

For Bobby, possible in the late, late second round of the NBA draft, possibly. No for Grantham due to his injury, however, Donte will play in the NBA in the near future. Same with Bobby if he works on his handle and lateral quickness.

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,487
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic