Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Deon Cain...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Will Deon Cain...

Oct 23, 2017, 10:09 PM

be back for his senior season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he gets less than a 3rd round grade

Oct 23, 2017, 10:57 PM

Or if he was assured KB was not going to be our QB next year and thus more passes. No offense to KB who is great.

Re: If he gets less than a 3rd down grade

Oct 24, 2017, 9:29 AM

If he does recieve that 3rd Down grade , maybe he goes for it on 4th ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Will Deon Cain...

Oct 23, 2017, 11:02 PM

You gotta feel for the guy since it was known preseason that we do not have any QB's capable of getting the ball to him on a consistent basis. Now he will face a hard decision about next year. If TL or HJ is not the QB next year, I'd take my chances and less money in the draft. We will see, but we all knew how this season was going to go for WRU.

Oct 24, 2017, 12:08 AM

Taken from today’s post and courier article:

“In 2016, Cain had 38 catches for 724 yards and averaged 19.1 yard per catch with nine touchdowns. Seven games into this season, Cain has 24 receptions for 299 yards and a touchdown. The fundamental difference is the ground covered per catch. That 19.1 yards per catch figure last year is now 12.5 this year. He accumulated 48.3 yards per game last year, compared to 42.7 yards per game this year.”

I blame opponents’ film study / coverages against him and our offensive playcalling moreso than KB at this point. Not to mention, for whatever reason, Cain sure seems to be dropping passes a lot this season.

Oct 24, 2017, 6:33 AM

He's also been a little unlucky. It was either against Louisville or VT that he had a long TD pass called back because of some dumb penalty on the OL or TE. If he gets that combined with Zerrick Cooper missing him wide open a couple times, his stat line would be more like 27 catches for 400+ yards. It will work itself out. Need to beat the bees!

Go Tigers!

I believe Cooper hit him in the hands against Syracuse..

Oct 24, 2017, 9:18 AM

and Cain dropped it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Deon Cain... ]

I think not having Mike Williams out there hurts his own opportunities . With Renfrow , Leggett , Williams , Cain and Scott mixing it up last year DC just had better opportunity to make the big play .
This year our offense is a little run-heavier with KB's skillset and aside from Renfrow there just hasn't been another guy ( Save for Ray Ray a time or two ) who could drag focus from defenses to open DC up in space or down a sideline .
He is a fantastic player , and he'll comtinue getting better and I suspect he returns his Sr year if the grade isn't as high as 2nd round .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He doesn't help himself when he drops the #### ball.***

Oct 24, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Deon Cain... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yeah, evidently Deon Cain don't like it when the ball...

Oct 24, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Deon Cain... ]

hits him right in the hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure if Cain should be filling the MWilliams Spot

Oct 24, 2017, 10:49 AM

He seems to be great in the screen game accelerating and then sneaking deep and burning the defense. Basically he is best used utilizing his speed vs his hands in contested throws. It reminds me a little of when Charone Peake was asked to fill this role his senior season. The problem is you have Renfrow and Ray-Ray in the other spots so the coaches are trying to get the best 3 on the field.

I'm glad others see what I see**

Oct 24, 2017, 11:42 AM

Cain drops as many as he catches* __ he is his own worst enemy for not being the top receiver on the team* -- gets open,then drops the ones that hit him in the hands ??

Better chance now, since we are rarely targeting him this season***

Oct 24, 2017, 11:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't think his lack of targets is racially motivated do

Oct 24, 2017, 12:00 PM

you?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wondering if he was coming back for his Jr season.***

Oct 24, 2017, 12:30 PM

Replies: 14