Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson ever play UVA again in football ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,472

Will Clemson ever play UVA again in football ?

Aug 2, 2017, 8:46 AM

Holy Pergola, Batman ... its been awhile.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson ever play UVA again in football ?

Aug 2, 2017, 8:54 AM

Do they even have football?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 8:59 AM

I don't know, but Hank Williams Jr, pulled pork and natty lights just weren't the splash I was thinking they would be tailgating up there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 9:28 AM

Furture sched indicates we play them @ home in 2020. But yeah, seems like forever since we've played them.

Saw the Tigers win in '96 over Barber bros in Hooville - certainly enjoyed it. Charlottesville was much different than I expected in a good, rustic VA way.

Aug 2, 2017, 9:35 AM

I was at the game when we beat a Matt Schaub led Virginia team at home. Still remember Kevin Youngblood's game winning catch in OT.

Aug 2, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Clemson ever play UVA again in football ? ]

Bad thing is it wasn't forever, it was Tajh's senior season...2013. We won 59-10.

Aug 2, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Clemson ever play UVA again in football ? ]

sound like a great time to me!!

Not if UVA has a choice. Took them like 30 tries to finally beat us.***

Aug 2, 2017, 8:57 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:UVATook them 30 tries to finally beat us. Thanks Hatfield

Aug 2, 2017, 9:32 AM

Worst Clemson HC coach and biggest bozo ever

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat me to it.

Aug 2, 2017, 9:37 AM

I got pizzed all over again thinking about that debacle of a game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Beat me to it. Even before that I drove from OH

Aug 2, 2017, 9:49 AM

once to see them tie us in Death Valley. Homecoming I believe. I was livid. Literally.

Lost to a very good UVA team on the road that year.

Aug 2, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re:UVATook them 30 tries to finally beat us. Thanks Hatfield ]

Much better than the Duke team that beat Danny in '89.

That UVA team went to the Sugar Bowl. In fact those were the glory years of UVA football under George Welsh, late 80s through late 90s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re:UVATook them 30 tries to finally beat us. Thanks Hatfield ]

KH was horrible but it was miraculous what Welsh was able to there for a little while.

Aug 2, 2017, 10:51 AM

I would like to know why Kan Hatfield was so bad. Believe me, I'm not trying to be contentious by asking this. I had graduated from Clemson years before Hatfielsd came and been watching the fortunes of the team through the 1980s from a distance. I don't understand the whole Danny Ford dismissal thing. Somewhat mysterious to me. But Hatfield walked into a very tough situation, following a Natty champion coach. Ken's record in four years was 32-13-1, by no means a bad record. I know he got blown out by FSU one year and for wahtever reason, he and the Clemson fans never seemed to make it. How did it go so wrong in the early 1990s?

I think the fan base and BOT saw the writing on the wall

Aug 2, 2017, 11:08 AM

with the recruiting classes he was pulling in each year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re:UVATook them 30 tries to finally beat us. Thanks Hatfield ]

wasnt Danny and wasnt a recruiter. Also the play to not lose philosophy wasnt popular

^ there's your answer sir ^***

Aug 2, 2017, 3:07 PM

Lost to Wake. You lose to Wake you lose your job.***

Aug 2, 2017, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re:UVATook them 30 tries to finally beat us. Thanks Hatfield ]

2020. Coastal opponents once every 7 years.

Aug 2, 2017, 9:17 AM

xx

Based on the current schedule rotation...

Aug 2, 2017, 10:23 AM

Clemson will host Virginia in 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Based on the current schedule rotation... OH no

Aug 2, 2017, 11:17 AM

if we are thinking ahead to Wyoming this could be bad. :)

Aug 2, 2017, 11:19 AM

I was at the last game at UVA. Even Swag had had a nice TD run. They were excited before the game and afterwards they all said thank god we don't play you again until 2021.

Aug 2, 2017, 1:37 PM

Agree, seems like it's been forever. I hate our confercence scheduling format. We play teams in our conference less than many non-conference teams like Auburn and UGA. Seems like we rarely play Miami & VT as well. The coots are the same with Bama, Auburn & LSU. What's the point of having conferences if you never play most of the members?

Aug 2, 2017, 3:17 PM

Yep. We've played AL as much in the past 10+ years as the Gamecrocks have and we're not even in the $EC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Aug 2, 2017, 3:54 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,472
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic