Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson come out the gate firing on all cylinders in starting the season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,124

Will Clemson come out the gate firing on all cylinders in starting the season?

Jul 15, 2018, 9:13 PM

I wanna see us start and play throughout the season like the
well oiled machine we are capable of.
We shouldnt really miss a beat from last season and if we could duplicate that, we should make the playoffs again easily.

Question is, does this team have what it takes to bring home another Natty?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson come out the gate firing on all cylinders in starting the season?

Jul 15, 2018, 9:16 PM

Normally, you would see a very bland game plan for a team like Furman. Maybe a few passes but lots of bland offense. I think dabo and staff learned late in the season, and against citadel, came out firing in the air, and kept it up all day. I think you'll see a lot of passes in the first game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be firin' on all cylinders

Jul 15, 2018, 9:24 PM

but won't be steppin' on the gas against "Foiman High School" as Frank would say.

Re: We'll be firin' on all cylinders

Jul 15, 2018, 9:28 PM

You can bet KB, TL will come out firing. The 2nd and 3rd strings will run the offense as well with plenty of passes. Jmo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 2:55 AM [ in reply to We'll be firin' on all cylinders ]

...speaking of all cylinders, I'd be surprised if we ever see a snap to TL in the Furman game, just because. That being said, our entire offense is currently being designed around what KB can, might and will do. He's the starter. KB will RUN, and pass if he has to, or if he otherwise sees an opportunity for whatever. TL will PASS, and run if he has to, or if he otherwise sees an opportunity for whatever. Two entirely different schemes of offense that the entire team has to be molded to for either to work. Coaching both at the same time, and preparing the team to play one or the other on a moments notice - like maybe in game two, or three, or four - is not a plan for success. Hmmm, I'm concerned about this, but I'm sure as heck no coach.

Go Tigers!!!

Jul 16, 2018, 7:18 AM

Sooooooooooo, the coaches are not planning for success? Soooo, the whole offense is being geared around KB and his running ability? Sooooo, you don't think that TL will see a single snap in the Furman game? Ok, that's 3 statements you made that are totally opposite of what's going to happen. These are the least of my concerns.

Jul 16, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: We'll be firin' on all cylinders ]

Be prepared to be real surprised then. TL will be in the game by the 3rd series at the latest. I don't think people realize just how much he dominated spring practice.

Re: Brain Damage***

Jul 16, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: We'll be firin' on all cylinders ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: We'll be firin' on all cylinders ]

It's easy to see why your T-Net name is what it is. Your knowledge of what will happer in Game-1 is certainly obscure. Your last name wouldn't be Bryant by any chance?

Re: Will Clemson come out the gate firing on all cylinders in starting the season?

Jul 15, 2018, 9:42 PM

I personally believe we can with much improved QB play over last years QB play. Will KB be an improve QB this season from last, or should Dabo go into our QB stable and bring out one of our younger GUNS???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The defense probably will.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:18 PM

The offense probably won't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 10:45 PM

I don’t think so. The past few years this team has gradually turned it on as the year progresses. Dabo gets the boys ready for the “championship phase” at the end of the year and he’s a master at it. I expect the same this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no..prepare for defeat***

Jul 15, 2018, 10:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don’t think that’s what you want

Jul 16, 2018, 7:37 AM

If you’ve hit peak performance Labor Day weekend, that’s very difficult to sustain through early January. With our schedule I think you would want them to come out looking good but with areas that need to get coached up and gradually build on that level so they’re peaking mid-October or early November to be humming along during the “Championship Phase” Dabo stresses so much.

We didn’t do it in 2016 with DW4 and still won the natty.

Jul 16, 2018, 7:50 AM

Do you think we were firing on all cylinders by the time we stomped your coots 56-7? Just asking.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn’t do it in 2016 with DW4 and still won the natty.

Jul 16, 2018, 8:17 AM

When you talk about firing on all cylinders, you have to take into context the talent level that is going to be on the field.

First unit:

QB - KB or TL
RB - Etienne
WR - Higgins
WR - Renfrow
WR - Rodgers
TE - Williams

Second unit:

QB - TL or KB
RB - Feaster
WR - Thompson
WR - Ross
WR - Powell/Overton
TE - Richard

Firing on all cylinders and letting off the gas are two different things. I think this offense will be explosive, and the staff can't go back to the days of putting in the 2nd unit and just letting them run the ball 3 times and punt. See the Citadel game last year when the staff realized they had to pass pass pass even with a huge lead to build chemistry for the passing game. I don't think it will be AS much as the Citadel game but I wouldn't be surprised with Clemson threw the ball 25-30 times to build up the passing game.

Re: We didn’t do it in 2016 with DW4 and still won the natty.

Jul 16, 2018, 9:05 AM

I think when different guys sub, you still need to do the same thing...try to score. Let the other team try and stop you. The mentality of letting the defense hold on is crazy. You don’t develop talent on offense by just running the ball. Best is standard.

I’m not sure why but

Jul 16, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: We didn’t do it in 2016 with DW4 and still won the natty. ]

as a general rule college offenses are sluggish in the first few games. Rewind to 2016. Remember that we basically had our entire offense returning plus Mike Williams. We all expected our team to run up the scoreboard on everybody. It didn’t happen. Remember the Auburn game? Remember Troy? I remember a lot of folks on here complaining and wondering what was going on. Remember Cam Newton’s Auburn team in 2010? They were very similar in the way they started and finished offensively. My theory is that it’s all about game time reps especially for tempo offenses. ALTHOUGH THIS ISN’T ALWAYS TRUE FOR EVERYONE. Louisville started out fast in 2016 but I’ve also noticed that many teams that do that fizzle out towards the end of the year or just flat out don’t play a good enough defense to slow them down.

All that to say our roster is stacked. QB play will be the biggest factor IMO. I will not be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders but given what I have seen in the past it probably won’t happen. The good news is that when an offense does come out that way it is usually because of a new QB or new scheme that opposing DC’s have not figured out how to defend yet. We may have that if TL starts.

I thought they were your cooties Mr. CootDominance

Jul 16, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to We didn’t do it in 2016 with DW4 and still won the natty. ]

Or do the coots have dominance over you ? ??

Just trying to think of some good topics during downtime so don’t go spoiling the fun !

Whatever. I’m on to your game as are several others.

Jul 16, 2018, 9:48 AM

Jul 16, 2018, 11:06 AM

If we have quality QB play and we stay healthy as a team, I think this Clemson team will be best in Clemson history.

Jul 16, 2018, 12:39 PM

I think we we go to our ball control offense and slow down the game the other team is "stealing" the signals and adjust to the plays. so, no matter what we run they are more inclined to stop it. Even if you know what we are going to do, you still have to stop the play. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't! Go Tigers. I think we have the best chance to be a great team this year!

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,124
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic