Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Chase chase his dream?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,492

Will Chase chase his dream?

Sep 23, 2019, 9:41 AM

Chase Brice will graduate as a Clemson Tiger this year. He will still have two years of eligibility left. He is not going to unseat Trevor Lawrence as the starter (neither would anyone else in the country). I personally would wish him all the luck in the world if he decided to go the grad transfer route and try to start for his final years somewhere else. (Anywhere except Cootlumbia, of course.) His situation to me is different than other "notable" recent transfers KB and TF, because he has a legitimate shot to be an NFL caliber player with his talent, given some national exposure. What is the opinion of the bored gurus?

Message was edited by: 76er®

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will certainly have a big decision to make

Sep 23, 2019, 9:54 AM

But who can blame him for doing what he feels is in his best long term interest (also assuming he does not choose one particular destination, and why qould any serviceable QB do that)?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever he decides,

Sep 23, 2019, 9:55 AM

he will always be a hero with me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Whatever he decides,

Sep 23, 2019, 9:59 AM

That is what worries me about the backup QB next year. If Brice transfers, that would put Taisun as backup ad his throwing game did not look to sharp Saturday. Is PJ a better passer ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever he decides,

Sep 23, 2019, 10:06 AM

DJ Uiagalelei say hello...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sep 23, 2019, 10:41 AM

Nm.

When Dabo plays his backups like he does...

Sep 23, 2019, 10:01 AM

Chase Brice is getting ample time to show what he is capable of.

Credit Dabo for rewarding players who put in the work to get out there

Chase to me is a Clemson Tiger and his blood runneth Orange (see Syracuse last year) and IMO won't transfer anywhere because he has seen other players that have transferred and it really didn't help their cause.

If the NFL scouts see something in Chase they will definitely give him a shot. Being a backup to TL or not. Not because he didn't play every snap of every game.

Re: When Dabo plays his backups like he does...

Sep 23, 2019, 10:05 AM

The biggest difference would be if he transfers and plays well then he could possibly get drafted.

In his current role, he could get picked up and get a chance to sign as a FA but it is not likely that someone will use a draft pick on a backup QB.

The more I watch the draft the more I'm convinced

Sep 23, 2019, 10:09 AM

It's mostly about the combine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The more I watch the draft the more I'm convinced

Sep 23, 2019, 10:13 AM

I think that is very true for most positions.

I'm not sure that many Qbs change their status much at the combine.

Also I'm not sure the combine will be a positive thing for Chase based on his size and other measurables.

I would really love it if he stays and still gets a shot or even gets drafted because that would be a shining endorsement for kids sticking it out at Clemson to be developed instead of chasing playing time.

I think at this point, what Feaster did at Clemson vs what he is doing now is a pretty big endorsement for what sticking with a program can do in a positive way. He is showing what you don't want.

Unfortunately, I have never heard of a backup QB being

Sep 23, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to The more I watch the draft the more I'm convinced ]

invited to the Combine. That is why Chase would need to transfer and start somewhere to get noticed.
But, as someone else said, Chase's Combine measurables would not set the world on fire. But, to that I say, Tom Brady says hello.

Re: Will Chase chase his dream?

Sep 23, 2019, 10:03 AM

Chase will have two years remaining to play because he is currently a redshirt sophomore.

The only difference between his decision and Bryant's is that he is not choosing to leave the team mid-season. Also he already redshirted and has no reason to sit for the rest of the season.

At this point there is no difference in his decision and Feaster's except Feaster went to the coots. Feaster did everything else the right way. Stayed with the team to help them win and then moved on. If Feaster made a better choice, he would also have a shot in the NFL.

If Chase leaves, I will understand why. I hope he chooses wisely if he leaves. It is currently not working out well for Hunter Johnson though I hope he can turn it around.

Kelly left and I understand why but don't agree with the how. Based on his current role, he made a good decision in the end.

I understand Feaster's initial idea of wanting to be a feature back, but I don't understand why he made his current choice if "feature back" was his goal. I think his decision was based off of hurt feelings and emotions instead of a well-thought out plan. His decision does not seem to be a good one.

If he wants to leave, more power to him.. even at scar.***

Sep 23, 2019, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

bottom line

Sep 23, 2019, 10:17 AM

Regardless of what Brice opts to do, the Tigers will be o.k. Taisun will be a baller by this time next year. You know he will continue to be coached up in the next year and he showed you his arm Saturday. The best runner of the group also.

TL leaves for the pros CB has 1 more year ***

Sep 23, 2019, 10:18 AM

True, but by then, DJ will also have already been here a

Sep 23, 2019, 10:28 AM

year. Unless he falls on his face, I can't see him sitting his first TWO years. Him being here will also put Taisun into the same type situation that Hunter Johnson found himself in. It's a great problem for Clemson to have as a program, but tough decisions ahead for the young men involved.

Re: True, but by then, DJ will also have already been here a

Sep 23, 2019, 10:40 AM

I'm just amazed and thrilled that DJ has said he's willing to sit behind Trevor for a year. Don't think there's any way, any one in our QB room will beat him out his sophomore year.

Re: TL leaves for the pros CB has 1 more year ***

Sep 23, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to TL leaves for the pros CB has 1 more year *** ]

TL has to play one more year after this. I'd love to see CB stick it out at Clemson. Easily the best back up in the nation. Would he be good elsewhere? All depends where he goes. The real USC might be a good destination, especially with all their qb injuries. Florida might be good, since their current qbs are not very good. BTW, Tyson did not look good throwing the ball. The announcers said several times that he is an excellent runner. So is KB and we saw what happened there. Was it just jitters or is he not a good passer? Any thoughts on this?

Re: TL leaves for the pros CB has 1 more year ***

Sep 23, 2019, 10:31 AM

Pardon me. Taisun.

I support Chase - whatever he feels is best for his career

Sep 23, 2019, 10:35 AM

He's smart enough to stay away from the dumpster fire.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Will Chase chase his dream?

Sep 23, 2019, 10:37 AM

If he goes, Missouri would be good and keep the coot killing tradition alive

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,492
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic