Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Chad Morris...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,791

Will Chad Morris...

Sep 15, 2018, 11:52 PM

Be given the time to turn the program? The Arkansas folks seem ready to burn the program down after today’s loss. I think it should take him about 3 years, he has to recruit and get his program in place. I hope they gave him a chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe his first year at Bsma

Sep 15, 2018, 11:54 PM

Yea... I think I'd give Morris at least 3 more years

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never knew that marine one. Good to know

Sep 16, 2018, 5:52 AM

Ty

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad was 17-22 at SMU. He is not proven as a winning HC

Sep 16, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe his first year at Bsma ]

at the collegiate level. It was a bad hire for Arkansas and they will waste the next three of four years with him. To even mention Saban and Chad together to draw a parallel comparison is laughable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad was 17-22 at SMU. He is not proven as a winning HC

Sep 16, 2018, 9:06 AM

Does this poster have a clue just how bad SMU was? Chad Morris did a really good job of rebuilding over several seasons and frankly learned a lot in the process. His defense was adequate at best, but his offense was exciting to watch and once he gets depth at Arkansas and develops a QB his program should improve drastically.

Losing to North Texas is pretty bad no matter how you slice it.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:18 AM

I could understand the “give him time to get his own players” argument if they lost to Alabama, Auburn, or LSU, but North Texas?!? Today’s loss calls into question his ability to get his players ready and on the same page.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Losing to North Texas is pretty bad no matter how you slice it.

Sep 16, 2018, 6:00 AM

To be fair , they WILL lose to those 3 teams as well , Judge K ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Will Chad Morris...

Sep 16, 2018, 5:03 AM

I would say after 3 years Morris will be done there. Arkansas undoubtedly is the one of the toughest places to win right now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arkansas should've remained in the conference

Sep 16, 2018, 5:58 AM

It was in. I can see why they wanted to go to the SEC but their transition has been less than great.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:57 AM

Slow roll this a bit.
- He's had 3 games. If you are going to talk about getting rid of a coach after 3 games, who in the heck would want to come work for you?
- Remember the offensive philosophy of the previous staff recruited a totally different style player than CCM needs to run his system. It'll take awhile to get the right players in place.

Sep 16, 2018, 6:32 AM

he is hardly lighting it up in recruiting,

Sep 16, 2018, 8:55 AM

Arkansas fans remind me somewhat of impatient USCe idiots who expect immediate results. Chad isn’t doing badly in recruiting thus far, but he will be lucky to win three games this season if that. His team simply lacks enough talent or depth to compete and he doesn’t have the QB to effectively run his offense.

He will need at least three full seasons to have an impact and begin seeing results. Personally I think he needs to focus on building his defense initially because they are being worn down due to an inconsistent offense. He can find a QB and create a decent OL, but their defense needs a total rebuild.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:02 AM

he finished dead last in the conference in recruiting last year, he is not doing much better this year.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Chad Morris... ]

he is hardly lighting it up in recruiting,

His 2019 class is looking like Arkansas' best class since 2009...#17 currently on Rivals and should finish top 20 on all sites. Only reason the 2018 class was ranked so low is because Arkansas only had room for 16 players, the average ranking was more around 10th in the SEC.

It was in. I can see why they wanted to go to the SEC but their transition has been less than great.

Haven't been as good as they were in the SWC but have been better than several other teams. Won the SEC West 3 times, went to a BCS bowl and have had three 10-win seasons which is probably better than Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vandy, Kentucky, or South Carolina have done.

Re: Welll........ I agree, but........

Sep 16, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Chad Morris... ]

ask FSU fans how they feel after only 3 games with new head coach.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 6:38 AM

If Arkansas does not give Chad Morris time to rebuild the Razorbacks program they will regret it for a very long time. Chad has already proven he can win with less by his success at SMU! Give Chad and the football program the money and support they need. If you will do this, IMO Arkansas will be a solid SEC competitor in 3 to 6 years. Realize sustainable success requires a solid foundation. That takes time to do it the right way.

Razerbacks unless you want to wind up with a program trapped in mediocrity just follow the same path as the Gamecocks who are always looking for a quick fix. Coach Chad can coach circles around muschump and is a man of moral character. Plus he will build a program with integrity, character, discipline, family values. But Arkansas you are going to have to open the checkbook and spend money on newer facilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:29 AM

I think Chad will get at least 3 years before Arkansas cans him. I hope Chad is successful but he does have a lot of headwinds going against him right now. The SEC West is going to treat him like a whipping boy this year and quite frankly, he will be lucky to win 3 more games this season.

Given time, I have no doubt Chad will eventually fix the Arkansas offense. Chad's weakness at SMU was his defense - they just were not good enough to win consistently and in most games required the offense to get in shoot outs to win. I think Chad is trying to avoid this same mistake at Arkansas by hiring John Chavis as his DC. Ultimately he has to recruit better players on both sides of the ball to be competitive. I'm quite sure he discussed all this with the Arkansas AD before they hired him and imagine the Arkansas administration is going to give him a fair chance to be successful.

Arkansas fans may not like it and may not want to hear it, but they have been irrelevant in football for a long time. Their program is not going to get fixed in one year or three years for that matter. It's not just a talent problem or a scheme problem, it is also the program's culture that has to be fixed. Culture changes don't happen quickly - look how long it took us to get where we are.

I like Chad but if I'm honest I'm kind of glad he departed Clemson. It was no secret that Chad came to Clemson with one eye always looking at the exit door. From his second year forward at Clemson, Chad's head coaching ambitions were publicly well known and grew to become an unnecessary distraction to the program. The current staff does not seem to have as much outwardly overt ambition in this regard to which I am thankful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:37 AM

Give north Texas credit. They were ready to play. The fake fair catch was a thing of beauty. Go back and watch all their players head to the sideline to block. Well executed. Of course, you know what Chad does when he is behind! He gets desperate and panics.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:01 AM

North Texas has improved steadily since hiring their current staff. They buried SMU earlier and having lost to them under Chad I took notice. North Texas will compete and likely be among the unexpected surprise teams of their conference and region.

Sep 16, 2018, 8:52 AM

Morris will find the next DW4 (other than the one we found), and will build his explosive O around him. Give him time.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:56 AM

Quit and return to Clemson as the OC? Yes, i hope so..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,791
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic