Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wilkins 4th year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Wilkins 4th year

Oct 10, 2017, 9:08 PM

His stats have not been as extreme. He loves the team. I'm unsure where he stands in graduating early. He could help lead the team to 4 straight championship games and 3 rings. I know he's first round talent, but any chance he stays. I also know it's early and he could explode statistically in the 2nd half. Just thinking

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wilkins 4th year

Oct 10, 2017, 9:10 PM

I would say no chance that he stays. Although I’m pretty sure I speak for every clemson fan when I saw I would love for him to stay

No inside info and I don't know his graduation status either

Oct 10, 2017, 9:11 PM

but I think he loves Clemson, school and Dabo so much that he possibly stays and plays his 4th year alongside Big Dex! At least I hope so!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2017, 9:12 PM

He will be graduating this December. In two and a half years. He’s on track to go pro early if he chooses

Oct 10, 2017, 9:14 PM

As much as I would love for him to stay he is a freak of nature and I HIGHLY doubt he does. He's already shown enough to NFL teams IMO.

Assume gone but who knows? Assume same with Ferrell.***

Oct 10, 2017, 9:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO it depends on where the scouts tell him.........

Oct 10, 2017, 9:21 PM

he'll be in the draft. If he's a definite 1st rounder then he's gone IMO. That's too hard to pass up.

I personally think he’s already given a lot to Clemson. I’d expect him to be first half

Oct 10, 2017, 9:27 PM

Of first round. If that’s the case I would be happy for him to go. Number of years playing football aren’t guaranteed and I think he should move on to make some money. I kind of expect his stats to go up as the season goes along.

Re: I personally think he’s already given a lot to Clemson. I’d expect him to be first half

Oct 10, 2017, 9:34 PM

Dabo took him to ACC preseason football media day as a junior. If you have followed the program, he only does that when he knows the junior is going pro at the end of the season because that is reserved for senior players only. It is a done deal. He is going pro.

Oct 10, 2017, 9:40 PM

He is moving on IMO. I am going to miss me some Christian Wilkins. The Tigers are going to miss his leadership. Christian will not need football to be successful though. Coaching or politics possibly somewhere down the line.

Oct 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

We're probably going to lose 42, 99, and 7 to the NFL, meaning XT and Henry will be in the mix for serious playing time from day 1.

Oct 11, 2017, 12:12 AM

Think 99 will be too young to enter the 2018 draft. NFL Draft is 4.26. 21st birthday is 5.17.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh

Oct 11, 2017, 12:50 AM

What?

Ferrell will be eligible. Age is not an issue

Oct 11, 2017, 4:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Wilkins 4th year ]

To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season.

Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early.

As a RS Soph. Ferrell will have been out of high school for the requisite 3 years at the end of this season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ferrell will be eligible. Age is not an issue

Oct 11, 2017, 6:37 AM

Ferrell is a redshirt sophomore this year, correct????? Still, I believe he is eligible, same as M. Alexander was. Would love to see all 3 come back, but that's a fan's selfish reasons. Business decisions are theirs to make.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ferrell will be eligible. Age is not an issue

Oct 11, 2017, 12:51 PM

I think you're right (fixed it) ... but at any rate, he's the requisite "3 years removed from high school" so he's eligible at the end of this season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2017, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Wilkins 4th year ]

Not sure if age matters. Just have to be 3 yrs removed from high school. I am not seeing 42 in back field much this year for some reason. Hope he takes it to another level in the second half. Wish the coaches would move Shaq Smith to De.

If it's a business decision...

Oct 11, 2017, 2:40 PM

And you only play 3-5 years average, then your 1st contract is monumental in the affect it has on your earnings.

If you stay another year and there is no Ed Oliver in front of you and you're a no doubt Top 5 pick you would make way more than being a top 20-25 pick as a Junior.

Ask Artavis Scott what its like to leave eary.

The way contracts are now if you're not in the top 10 you should stay.

Obviously Christian should have no problem going high as they will be drooling after he hits the combine.

People are drooling over Bryant. He gone.

Ferrell has been quiet this year, but he gone too I'm sure.

XT and KJ will need to be ballers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No*****

Oct 11, 2017, 7:00 AM

Wilins is gone. Ferrel and Bryant may be gone as well.*****

Oct 11, 2017, 7:02 AM

Re: Wilins is gone. Ferrel and Bryant may be gone as well.*****

Oct 11, 2017, 2:20 PM

Agreed. All 3 will likely get a first round grade and would probably have Dabo and staff's encouragement. We just have to keep recruiting and developing what we have. No reason for me not to trust the staff at this point.

Oct 11, 2017, 7:18 AM

Might stick around for another year. Good possibility NFL plays next year without union members. Excuse me while I go pop some corn.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic