Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,819

Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear

May 13, 2019, 8:46 PM

Is that dumb roll tide since she is a grad of bama. She is also "Miss Alabama ". Had to go to another tv before I puke. Definitely want be in the same room if she watches that program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear

May 13, 2019, 8:52 PM

Have you ever visited the state? Football is all they have. No good beaches, no mountains, bad economy, obesity, incest, etc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 8:58 PM

Yep, had to drive through that state twice a month going back to Florida. Had the misfortune of spending 1 night in that place and vowed never again.

gulf shores is an awesome beach***

May 13, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear ]

You obviously haven't been to Alabama or you'd know

May 13, 2019, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear ]

about the beaches and the mountains.

You sound as ignorant as some Bama fans.

my wife is from Ala.& her family has a house in gulf

May 14, 2019, 9:40 PM

shores. H2o is crystal clear ,fishing is great.don't have to spend 2 hrs. riding to get to the stream to get Wahoo & other stream fish pure white sand.You must have not been there before

Re: The derogatory post about the State of Alabama

May 13, 2019, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear ]

The post painting Alabama as a state with bad beaches, poor economy, no mountains, obesity, etc. etc, reflects a very uninformed viewpoint as well as painting the whole state with a broad brush. I spent the first 22 years of my life as a resident of South Carolina and the last 54 as an Alabama resident. I still love the state of South Carolina and spend time with my son and his family often in the Clemson area. The Alabama Gulf Coast beaches with the pure white sand are much prettier than any in South Carolina in my opinion. There are depressed areas in both states. The education level and economy in Huntsville is probably better than any area in South Carolina. I suspect the mountainous areas are comparable in both states. I won't defend Alabama or Auburn fans but, like Clemson, they have their share of good fans and obnoxious rednecks. I co-exist with them year round. Some are close friends and others are hard to tolerate.....just like Tigerboard. It's much easier for us Clemson fans in recent years than in the late 1960's and 1970's when we played Alabama and Auburn on a home and home basis and lost 8 in a row. Unfortunately, I attended many of those games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the Army bused me into Ft. McClellan

May 14, 2019, 7:26 AM

in the middle of the night, I was shocked to wake up with mountains all around - had no idea where that base was located. Still hate the idea of a "forced march" up a mountain through Bane's Gap. And the white as snow sand of the Gulf Coast is much prettier than any beach this side of the South China Sea.

That's what my granddaddy remembers about being bused there

May 14, 2019, 9:08 AM

and the 105 degree days in a hot uniform.

Absolutely hilarious

May 14, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: The derogatory post about the State of Alabama ]

"spent last 54 there". So you're dead now? Point for you.

May 14, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Wife watching that stupid program Batchorette and all I hear ]

mountains aren't as tall in bama but they do have them. Cheaha is 2400 feet while Sassafrass is 3500 feet. North Carolina is next door to SC which has the tallest mountain on the east coast in Mt Mitchell.

I have driven through Bama, but someone who spent time on the interstate can't really say #### about a state unless they've explored. I mean if you drive I-85 in SC you would think the same thing.

Also Bama has barber motorsports park which is part of Porsche's driving program. That in itself is worth a visit to the state.

May 13, 2019, 9:06 PM

I would rather go to an Alabama home game and hear Roll tide 10,000 times than watch any episode of Batchorlette.

May 13, 2019, 9:08 PM

Not watching.

May 13, 2019, 9:08 PM

My wife watches that crap. Seems to me that if you were just 1/10 of what the show makes you out to be, you wouldn't need the show to find a date! Of course, it is all reality. Who didn't take their future wife on a private jet to some exotic place, then helicopter over to a mountain waterfall to propose with a ring paid for by a sponsor?

Yea, me neither.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 6:53 AM

It could be worse. My wife watching those "housewives" shows. Not just one of them - all of them.

May 13, 2019, 9:51 PM

I understand, and it is the very worst programs to every come on TV. But I am using it to adjust the color, tint, and contrast on our new 65 inch!!! :) ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 10:20 PM

I’m confused Illinois - your wife yells roll tide because she is a Bama grad .... and she is also”Miss Alabama”? IDK - but - that doesn’t sound all bad to me ......where am I wrong here?? -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 13, 2019, 11:24 PM

Is that dumb roll tide since she is a grad of bama. She is also "Miss Alabama ". Had to go to another tv before I puke. Definitely want be in the same room if she watches that program.

I find the show very entertaining. I also laugh every time she says “roll tide” because she does not yet know the ### whooping that is about to be layed down

"Batchorette"? Is that French or Italian for bachelorette?

May 13, 2019, 11:41 PM

nm

"Batchorette"?

May 14, 2019, 8:08 AM

Means she’s a little “Batch”.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Huntsville area is pretty well educated

May 14, 2019, 8:10 AM

I went to Marshall SFC and checked out the Redstone launch pads.
Redstone was THE place to be during the Mercury and Gemini programs.
My company built the F1 and J1 engines in So Cal but we could no longer fire them up at the Santa Susana Field Lab located between the San Fernando and Simi Valleys because they blew out windows up to 10 miles away. As per usual people started buying houses out in that area and then started to complain about the noise.

We built the Space Shuttle Main Engines, Atlas, Delta, Thor and also the MA-5A and RS27 engines.
A couple of these are still in service today as Peacekeeper MX5 lift vehicles.
A buddy of mine and I won a "Groovy Engineer" award and got to go to Marshall to see a test firing of an MA-5A rocket engine. He mistook a 30 second warning klaxon for a 5 minute warning, he had a Twinkie in one hand and a coke in the other. When that engine lit off he had a Twinkie in one ear and a coke in the other. Those things are LOUD!

A lot of highly educated scientists lived in the Huntsville area and I'm pretty sure their kids were pretty bright also. It is a very nice area.

Also, as a cool side note, Wernher von Braun and Robert Goddard fired off an engine in our parking lot in the late 1950's. Of course it took like 8 miles of dirt road to get out to the Rocketdyne Plant during that period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Huntsville area is pretty well educated

May 14, 2019, 8:49 AM

Agreed. Huntsville is nothing like the perception some have of the state of Alabama.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'm going to Hunstville next month. My kid works for ULA

May 14, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to The Huntsville area is pretty well educated ]

she's not in Huntsville though, but has to go there every now an again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would rather...

May 14, 2019, 8:36 AM

be dipped in honey and rolled in a fire ant mound than watch any episode of the Bachelor or Bachelorette.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I would rather...

May 14, 2019, 8:50 AM

You have had to of watched at least one show bc, that is what it feels like to have watched 10 minutes of one of those programs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,819
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic