Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 combined ACC schedules
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,209

2020 combined ACC schedules

Jan 22, 2020, 9:20 AM

attached

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would any ACC team go to a mid-major's home to play a

Jan 22, 2020, 9:42 AM

game?
Unc is going to UCF in the opener.. I'm guessing they'll lose. (and will win the coastal so there goes our top 10 matchup)

VTEch is going to Middle Tennessee State....they'll probably lose.
Pitt is going to Marshall....toss up as well.

So we get to hear yet again how the ACC is down and they'll start downplaying our schedule again. You never travel to a mid major's home field. There is absolutely no benefit and they'll be playing their best to topple a power 5.

Re: Why would any ACC team go to a mid-major's home to play a

Jan 22, 2020, 9:47 AM

They may lose if the QB is back for UCF, but it could be considered a quailty win for what is usually a pretty dismal OOC season for the ACC.

it would definitely be a quality win but i would be

Jan 22, 2020, 9:54 AM

surprised if they win that game. Play that team in Chapel Hill don't play in ORlando. Just a bad idea. Its just bad for us b/c they team the media will be hyping will be UNC b/c who else is there really...and they're going to get beat by a mid major the first week..then they have Auburn the next week then a good James Madison team the following week. They could go 0-3 with losses to 2 mid majors.

Re: it would definitely be a quality win but i would be

Jan 22, 2020, 10:07 AM

That's true, but on the other hand if they were to win 3 easy games to start their schedule they would disappear from the media's eye.

It's danged if you do and danged if you don't until somebody besides Clemson in the ACC wins some of the games like UNC has in front of them to start the season.

I guess i'd rather schedule a mid to lower tier Power 5

Jan 22, 2020, 10:42 AM

team than a really good mid major team. There is no upside to James Madison. THey just went to the DIV II Championship game with N Dakota St.this year. Maybe its just a schedule that was setup years ago and it unfortunate that the team you'll play is really good now. Its just lose/lose. If you win it no one cares, if you lose it you're sunk by the national media.

I'd rather play a texas tech or rutgers or illinois. At least you'll get credit for playing a power 5 team.

Re: I guess i'd rather schedule a mid to lower tier Power 5

Jan 22, 2020, 10:47 AM

Honestly if UNC loses to James Madison then they weren't going to be carrying the torch for the Coastal anyway.

Sure James Madison is a really strong FCS team, but they can't compete with a 9 or 10 win Power 5 team.

I guess the biggest issue is the placement of the game being after Auburn and likely running into an exhausted UNC team.

In terms of weak Power 5 vs good mid major, I think the bore factor for the matchup is the same for the better team.

BC vs Kansas was just as bad a look or worse than UNC possibly losing to UCF.

Re: Why would any ACC team go to a mid-major's home to play a

Jan 22, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Why would any ACC team go to a mid-major's home to play a ]

El Tigre 1 said:

game?
Unc is going to UCF in the opener.. I'm guessing they'll lose. (and will win the coastal so there goes our top 10 matchup)

VTEch is going to Middle Tennessee State....they'll probably lose.
Pitt is going to Marshall....toss up as well.

So we get to hear yet again how the ACC is down and they'll start downplaying our schedule again. You never travel to a mid major's home field. There is absolutely no benefit and they'll be playing their best to topple a power 5.

The ACC IS down, way way down, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think so. But all we have to do is go undefeated and there’s nothing they can do about it. Would you rather play 7 top 10 teams or 0 top 10 teams? I’ll take the latter. It’s totally unfair, but I really don’t care. I’ve been waiting decades for this golden age and I’m loving every second of it.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,209
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic