Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why would Lane Kiffen even consider?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why would Lane Kiffen even consider?

Dec 9, 2016, 11:27 PM

With the exception of money (Which Lane Kiffen already has more than enough of) I don't see any incentive for Kiffen to take the head coaching job at FAU. Maybe you guys know something I don't, But I expected (even with his track record as a head coach) more attractive opportunities to come his way after the success he's had as the OC at Alabama. Any thoughts? Is he even given FAU a look?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would Lane Kiffen even consider?

Dec 10, 2016, 2:58 AM

Given his track record, maybe teams might want to really think twice about hiring Kiffin.

He's got all the baggage, and he seems to lack loyalty to any one team. And he hasn't exactly been that great of a coach.

This is exactly correct.

Dec 10, 2016, 3:21 AM

Knowing what we know about this d0uchebag's past, it would be difficult to trust him. Kiffin has been critical in Alabama's success, but Saban seems to be a micromanager who actually calls most of the shots. Bama just needed that up tempo, modern influence. If a team gives Kiffin the wheel, he'll drive them straight into a ditch. Just ask TN and USC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even know what FAU is, must be a good fit***

Dec 10, 2016, 5:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't even know what FAU is, must be a good fit***

Dec 10, 2016, 9:27 AM

Well, our President is a Clemson graduate. We also have Filer on the basketball team who transferred from Clemson. - FAU student

Dec 10, 2016, 8:12 AM

I wouldn't give Kiffen a second look as HC myself. He has shown his true colors. No school needs that crap. As for being a good coach - I'm not sure of that either. Saban even made Steel look good as a DC, so he's probably doing the same with Kiffen. Kiffen probably believes it himself now, so he might leave. I pity the school that gets the guy.

I'm surprised John Franklin at PSU doesn't approach him for some position. Franklin has stated that he will only hire assistants with hot wives. They can't be good unless they have a hot wife to prove it. Of course, Franklin's wife is NOT hot. In fact, she's not even warm.

Dec 10, 2016, 9:25 AM

Yes this is what I was thinking when I thought about it this morning. Maybe another OC job is best for Kiffen at this point. I just can't see him further embarrasing himself as a HC again unless it was a no brainer type deal with a hefty pay check. USC and TN did prove that he wasn't ready, But being able to see a successful program ran by a guy like Saban behind the curtain may have given him a clue to why he failed so terribly.

reminds me of that coach in cootlumbia...***

Dec 10, 2016, 8:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: reminds me of that coach in cootlumbia...***

Dec 10, 2016, 8:25 AM

I would say I agree but Muscoot could never be considered for the Alabama staff

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp has worked for Saban 2X

Dec 10, 2016, 8:38 AM

LSU & Miami Dolphins.

Evidently with Lane getting divorced where he goes is partly playing into the decision because of seeing his kids.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2016, 8:18 AM

Because he wants a new job! Saban and Kiffen are increasingly at odds.

Why would FAU consider Lane Kiffin?

Dec 10, 2016, 9:26 AM

He's been a failure of a head coach everywhere he's gone. The only reason to hire him was so his wife would show up at Alumni events. But she's dropped his tail so that reason is gone.

Must assume FAU is transitioning out of football.***

Dec 10, 2016, 9:32 AM

Because the FAU President is A Clemson Alumnus

Dec 10, 2016, 9:29 AM

and former Clemson VP.

Kiffen wants some Clemson goodness to rub off on him.

Plus lots of babes in South Florida.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Can't be true - a Clemson person has more sense than this***

Dec 10, 2016, 9:34 AM

A small FBS school is his only option

Dec 10, 2016, 9:46 AM

He needs to get out from under Saban (whether his or Nick's choosing) after this season.

Opportunities are drying up for head coach positions. He needs to take a HC position NOW - anywhere - if he ever wants to be one at a major school again.

He needs to prove that he has learned something before a big school takes a risk with him. He will always be able to find an OC position if FAU doesn't work out.

At FAU they realize they are a stepping stone school and Kiffen needs to prove he knows how NOT to create a dumpster fire and NOT be a pr!ck to everyone around him.

So win win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic