Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why was all the fuss made about Trevor's INT's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Why was all the fuss made about Trevor's INT's?

Dec 25, 2019, 6:38 PM

Trevor threw 8 interceptions early in the season and every talking head in the country made a huge deal about it. Fields had lost 9 fumbles this year and not hardly a peep heard about that. Interceptions or fumbles, it's all the same. A turnover is a turnover! I bet field has atleast 2 fumbles Saturday night. He's a Heisman finalist? Get out of here!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a fumble is usually worse

Dec 25, 2019, 6:40 PM

getting intercepted on a long pass is like a punt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a fumble is usually worse

Dec 25, 2019, 6:49 PM

Absolutely, I couldn't agree any more with that perception!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 8:05 PM

Wonder how many points scored due to his fumbles? Don't think any scored due to TL's interceptions.

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 7:28 PM [ in reply to a fumble is usually worse ]

Yep. I think a lot of the early interceptions were on the play calling. I think they wanted T.L. throwing jump balls to develop the receivers. The receivers just lost the jump ball battle.

Trevor Lawrence is and always has been better than Fields.

Dec 25, 2019, 6:53 PM

Any recruiting service or Heisman voter who thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence is and always has been better than Fields.

Dec 25, 2019, 7:04 PM

At almost 1,000, there are way too many Heisman voters. Most of whom are regional homer hacks or don’t pay attention and only know what ESPN tells them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I stopped caring when the Heisman was stolen from DW4...

Dec 26, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Trevor Lawrence is and always has been better than Fields. ]

There are entirely too many voters and the vast majority of them have their heads so far up their own a$$es, they have to look through their belly button in order to see where they're walking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Why was all the fuss made about Trevor's INT's?

Dec 25, 2019, 7:03 PM

Actually, it isn't the same at all.

There was very good reason for the "fuss" when TL's inaccuracy and poor decision-making caused doubts earlier in the season.

It wasn't just "talking heads" either. Us Clemson fans here on tnet made a big deal about it.

Dec 25, 2019, 7:12 PM

I respectfully disagree. It's a poor decision as well to not hold on to the ball.

Dec 25, 2019, 7:36 PM

Sure enough any TO is bad. But for a QB, fixing fumble issues is much easier than correcting INTs due to poor decisions, deception, staring down receivers and an inability to read defenses.

Fortuntely, TL hasn't thrown a pick since Louisville so recent form bodes well for us.

He's also thrown for at least 3 TDs every game since then. (20/0 ratio).

Dec 26, 2019, 9:00 AM

I disagree. Fumbles come from a lot of things, but a lot of time TL wasn’t taking the open stuff and going for the TD. He now takes what is open.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only recall

Dec 25, 2019, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Why was all the fuss made about Trevor's INT's? ]

Tiger1Dad making huge much-about-nothing comments about Trevor's qb skills. That and he was oddly enough saying the Coots of U6uC would beat Clemson! But hey yeah whatevs. That fella hasn't been back to correct himself since October so there is that.Not sure he could be considered a Clemson fan...

Most of those early INTs happened for two reasons.

Dec 25, 2019, 7:22 PM

On some, it was a miscommunication between him and the receiver; on a couple the receiver just ran the wrong route. On a few others, it was in situations where there the risk was worth the possible reward, and he tried to tried to make something out of nothing. He probably shouldn't have done it, but I know of at least two where we were up handily and time was running out in the half and nothing bad happened as a consequence. In a lot of situations, those would be a big no-no, and he knows that. Really, only 2 or 3 of those were bad or ill-advised throws. I'd still take him over any other QB out there, hands down.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

He lost 5 fumbles. Its crazy how he was sacked 27 times too. TL was sacked 12 times. I am not sure if he had any fumbles.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic