Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why this is and is not a “China” virus . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,549

Why this is and is not a “China” virus . . .

Mar 26, 2020, 9:46 AM

SIAP! And if virologist, epidemiologist, etc. you are the expert and please correct me. But this virus started in an animal vector. Most viruses don’t cross species very easily. This one is the same in my understanding. So it comes down to population density of animal and people. It could happen when one chicken meets one human. But it’s much more likely to happen in a human population dense area that lives with an animal population dense area and there is more person to animal interaction. It is statistics. If it’s a one in a million or one in a billion event, it is much higher likelihood when there are a billion human to animal interactions as opposed to one or two. Added to this, if you haven’t read about the wet markets you should. It’s interesting for me because it is not in anywhere similar to my experience here in America. I posted an npr article because it’s the first one I came to. Not because it is my usual news source. So this happens in China, but you’ll find several setups similar to this in southwest Asia, South America, Africa etc.
And . . .

This means that if nothing changes, there will be a SARS-3 or covid25 or covid30 or whatever one day. If you’ve read about what happened between sars and Sars2 (covid19), the virus mutates to have spiky surface so it can pull itself into a cell more efficiently. Creepy stuff! I’m not a doomsday feller and believe that the world will make changes if something like this continues to happen. But it should sound some alarms.

Again I’m not too proud to be corrected on this and am always willing to learn so if you know more about this (which wouldn’t take much), please share. Thanks!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/01/31/800975655/why-theyre-called-wet-markets-and-what-health-risks-they-might-pose

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! Very informative. Thanks for posting.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:03 AM

Stay well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Why this is and is not a “China” virus . . .

Mar 26, 2020, 10:11 AM

It is a China virus. But if you refer to it as that you're a racist. Or so I've been told.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Mar 26, 2020, 10:44 AM

Yep. China is a place, not a race. Too many snowflakes these says. U

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2014, 4:43 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/hZkMMc6vWJgMGTqG7

Great pic!***

Mar 26, 2020, 10:16 AM

To be young and want bacon that bad

Mar 27, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Why this is and is not a “China” virus . . . ]

:)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:21 AM

Very informative, thanks. And no need to apologize for linking an NPR story/article. I’m sure they can be biased too, but I generally find the facts easier to pull out of their info than most.

NPR is unbiased. They just appear to lean left bc facts and

Mar 27, 2020, 12:57 PM

science do too.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:24 AM

Lovinit!

Thanks for keeping it ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:34 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/DrainTheSwamp/comments/f6g9yu/proof_the_corona_virus_is_a_bioweapon_dr_francis/

Mar 26, 2020, 10:49 AM

Yep. It’s a China virus. A virus from China.
How bout it’s a CCP virus. I like that best.

2 (SARS and COVID-19) out of the last 3 Pandemics

Mar 26, 2020, 10:53 AM

came out of China because of their food market eating habits. Time for the Chinese to acknowledge this traditional method of feeding it's people is a PROBLEM. Without a change in this cultural habit and the CCP government stepping in to stop it, we can expect more of this in the future.

That is why the USA and other western democracies need to call bullsh!t on these Chinese propaganda campaigns to assign blame elsewhere for the current pandemic. In fact China needs to have their pee pee smacked for inflicting this on the world. Removing them from the WTO would be a good start...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 (SARS and COVID-19) out of the last 3 Pandemics

Mar 26, 2020, 11:08 AM

How bout cancel any debt we have with the CCP? To cover costs, you know? Good bidness!!!!!!

Mar 26, 2020, 11:15 AM

the CCP has already admitted that the "market" was not the source so this whole thread is hashing something that has been put to rest.

this post is not about the wet market. It is about population of humans and animals

Mar 26, 2020, 11:26 AM

And how increased interaction between animals and humans in Countries not named USA are well different. The wet market is an example of that difference and not to say I know for sure that is where this came from.

What did they say the source was?***

Mar 26, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why this is and is not a “China” virus . . . ]

Clemson

Mar 26, 2020, 10:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWzbArPgo-o

This is what should be on the news. Not crap like that genius Sean Penn on Anderson Cooper sounding like he's describing a South Park episode.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Mar 26, 2020, 10:25 PM

“The reason Italy had so many cases is because of the rapid influx of Chinese traveling into the country.”
-Dr effing FAUCI

It IS a Chinese virus. Just as much as, if not moreso than the Spanish flu.

Mar 27, 2020, 1:27 PM

lovingit® said:

SIAP! And if virologist, epidemiologist, etc. you are the expert and please correct me. But this virus started in an animal vector. Most viruses don’t cross species very easily. This one is the same in my understanding. So it comes down to population density of animal and people. It could happen when one chicken meets one human. But it’s much more likely to happen in a human population dense area that lives with an animal population dense area and there is more person to animal interaction. It is statistics. If it’s a one in a million or one in a billion event, it is much higher likelihood when there are a billion human to animal interactions as opposed to one or two. Added to this, if you haven’t read about the wet markets you should. It’s interesting for me because it is not in anywhere similar to my experience here in America. I posted an npr article because it’s the first one I came to. Not because it is my usual news source. So this happens in China, but you’ll find several setups similar to this in southwest Asia, South America, Africa etc.
And . . .

This means that if nothing changes, there will be a SARS-3 or covid25 or covid30 or whatever one day. If you’ve read about what happened between sars and Sars2 (covid19), the virus mutates to have spiky surface so it can pull itself into a cell more efficiently. Creepy stuff! I’m not a doomsday feller and believe that the world will make changes if something like this continues to happen. But it should sound some alarms.

Again I’m not too proud to be corrected on this and am always willing to learn so if you know more about this (which wouldn’t take much), please share. Thanks!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/01/31/800975655/why-theyre-called-wet-markets-and-what-health-risks-they-might-pose

I read in another article that snakes may be a contributor.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,549
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic