Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why the obsession?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Why the obsession?

Oct 15, 2016, 12:48 AM

So I seriously mean no harm by this, but literally half of the threads on your board tonight are about UL. I get the whole Heisman debate, but get over it, Lamar is better than Watson. You guys beat us because you had a better TEAM, not QB. You're the class of the ACC, 3-0 vs UL, but act like little brother. What gives?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why the obsession?

Oct 15, 2016, 12:51 AM

Eabod

There was a Louisville game on TV.

Oct 15, 2016, 12:56 AM

Now, go back to bed, RedBird. Your sister is getting cold.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There was a Louisville game on TV.

Oct 15, 2016, 12:57 AM

Sorry I didn't realize a Yeti cooler and Croakies made me less of a redneck.

Oh, and EABOD.***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. It's the only game on tonight.
2. Jackson would be warming the bench for Watson, anyone with any football knowledge knows that.
3. Obsession? You just came by our message board on your gameday.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Notice he didn't respond to this post...***

Oct 15, 2016, 9:42 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 12:58 AM

I'm just here to see the yard line marker placement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better QB? Now that's hilarious!

Oct 15, 2016, 1:02 AM

Now a much better runner he is, but there is nothing about Jackson's arm strength, accuracy, ability to read the defense, or leadership that comes close to that of Deshaun Watson. Thanks for the laugh though!

Re: Better QB? Now that's hilarious!

Oct 15, 2016, 1:06 AM

Watson may have him on leadership and reading the defense, but he's not in the same universe with regard to raw talent. Sorry, but the numbers don't lie.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:08 AM

like Jackson throwing for 51% and 50% against Syracuse and Duke respectively?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Better QB? Now that's hilarious! ]

Now you just proved how very little you know about FB and the QBs that play the game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Better QB? Now that's hilarious! ]

Raw talent at what? Throwing 10yard slant routes and throwing tantrums?

Oct 15, 2016, 1:20 AM

Rewatch the second half of our game. Totally picked the defense apart and made some very tough throws. Watson threw three picks-Jackson has 4 this season.

I'll openly admit that Louisville would be a top 25 team at best without him. He's playing behind a very suspect O line.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:23 AM

Why only watch the 2nd half ?

Scoreboard , fool .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 15, 2016, 1:27 AM

Intelligent...

He actually had time to throw in the 2nd half. Everyone says he can't throw, but grossly overlooks the fact that he's usually running for his life or throwing with a 6'4 beast in his face.

You're just mad

Oct 15, 2016, 1:31 AM

Because you lost to Clemson and now you're own obsession is to figure out a way to get back at us a little .

By the way , when you're favored to beat one of the basketball schools by 35 and you fail by this much , maybe you shouldn't be espousing your quarterback as the greatest in 2016 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: You're just mad

Oct 15, 2016, 1:34 AM

Not at all. Was just curious.

Oct 15, 2016, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Better QB? Now that's hilarious! ]

Clemson also shifted from man defense into zone second half....or did you miss that? Venables even mentioned it in his interview post game.

Oct 15, 2016, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Better QB? Now that's hilarious! ]

Only bc he runs the ball before he considers passing the ball. He is Louisville's best RB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm afraid you might be right about this.

Oct 15, 2016, 4:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Better QB? Now that's hilarious! ]

The way he put up 24 points against Duke was nothing short of amazing Lmao. Tomorrow it's DW4 time. Let's see how he responds to last night's Heisman performance. Ha-ha Your little run is over now. Get used to it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 1:07 AM

Get over coming over here, and maybe you will find peace on another board!!!

Lville was the only game tonight. I actually thought most posts were about Duke.***

Oct 15, 2016, 1:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 15, 2016, 1:09 AM

Rabble rouser .

DB23

Speaking of obsessing . . .

Oct 15, 2016, 1:38 AM

why exactly are you HERE?

Re: Speaking of obsessing . . .

Oct 15, 2016, 1:45 AM

Because I like talking sports and generally engage the rival fan bases? This isn't an attempt to troll, just was meant to be a discussion. I apologize for assuming rival fans that I genuinely enjoyed meeting could actually discuss sports on a message board without acting like a$$hats.

Its this simple... DW is proven. LJ led your Carda to a win, at home, over

Oct 15, 2016, 1:52 AM

a suspect FSU team that lost at home to UNC.
Time will tell how good FSU is this year, but right now, thats what your hanging your hat on. Is LJ electric, yes.. but he only played 1 good half against Clemson and 1 forgettable half.
Once LJ has played a full season I'm happy to have this discussion, but a flash on the pan doesn't make your guy better tham ours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 15, 2016, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Speaking of obsessing . . . ]

I think most of the bad mouthing of Jackson on here just comes from people being pissed that Watson isn't getting all the same Heiman talk. People on TV give their opinion of the best player in college football, which has nothing to do with Jackson, and our fans don't like it so they look for anything to trash him.

All the Louisville talk that you are mentioning, that's because you are a top team in the nation. You were the only game on, so everybody is going to talk about it. You should enjoy that, Louisville is back on the big stage for now.

It is comical when you read what people say. Many people on here have just watched sports their whole life, not really played to have that understanding. Jackson is phenomenal, there's just a lot of bad blood right now because he's getting a lot of attention and our fans don't like it. Especially since we won, lots think that should be the deciding factor in the Heisman it seems like. And then he threw the tantrums against clemson, so that obviously gave people a reason to talk bad about him

Oct 15, 2016, 8:53 AM

It's not as much about the Heisman...that's still a long way off...Watson has more than enough time to state his case.

Let's be honest though...that was more than just a tantrum. He lost control and composure....and then he did this.

Now keep in mind, we've had to listen to tons of Louisville fans, tons of coots, talk about Boulware...whining about everything under the sun about the game "being rigged" but no one is discussing that. He kicked him...twice. It's clear as day.

And let's look at how "rigged" that was to Clemson. If the refs had called Jackson for doing that, the outcome would have looked similar to this.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/09/usc_player_ejected_for_stompin.html

Know what that means....what you saw at half time is the LAST thing Jackson would have done in that game. No come back, no Heisman numbers vs Clemson....is ejected with the score 28-10 at the half. But the refs rigged huge to Clemson....per the Louisville masses. Nah, they got lucky the refs were calling it how they were. Even if Boulware is penalized or ejected for that tackle as well (that wasn't a choke), Jackson, a Heisman leading QB, being ejected has much more impact on that game...and would have been the biggest stink in college football if it had happened.

Oct 15, 2016, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Speaking of obsessing . . . ]

You seriously can't type this and then let your original question's answer fly over your own head.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:38 AM

Probably a Gamecock pretending to be a Cardinal on a Tiger board...sweet! Troll much?

Oct 15, 2016, 1:39 AM

The "this many threads about that thing" argument is as suspect as Mr Jackson's temperment.

There is also a thread about catfish biscuits on the front page. That is some deeply disturbing stuff there. Everybody knows that only butter, jelly, gravy or pork chops belong on or in a biscuit.

Yes, this is my first post this season.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:47 AM

Dude if anything we have never seen a fan base cry as much as Louisville after a loss.
Y'all beat FSU and all of a sudden you think you are football royalty.
It takes more than just beating a down FSU team.
Louisville is about as elite as Houston is .
Your team is about on the same level as they are.
A decent program and that's all.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:50 AM

Which leads me back to my original question-if we're 'decent' and Clemson is the class of the ACC(which I openly admit), why all of the Louisville talk?

Oct 15, 2016, 1:57 AM

I just went to the Louisville board and seen 4 or 5 threads about CLEMSON .
We didn't play Tonight, so I ask you the same question.

I actually think L-ville is having a good season

Oct 15, 2016, 2:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Why the obsession? ]

I think the subject came up because the Duke @ UL was the Friday night game tonight. People talk about other games, including conference games, as they are happening, quite frequently here.

The rest is probably just backlash from some Louisville fans complaining a little too much about phantom calls, refs, conspiracies, etc. UL played a competitive game, but Clemson did what they needed to do, and was physical in the trenches and still won by a TD despite 5 turnovers.

You have to remember that Clemson has also been carrying the ACC banner (against the $EC media and other media favorites) for years and competing with FSU, as well as the old school ACC favoritism for NC schools, mostly in basketball, for decades.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Why the obsession? ]

Come on man. They came to clemson and almost won after being down 18 at half time. You can say what you want about turnovers, but it's not like we were just handing them the ball. We didn't want to make those turnovers, and they capitalized when they happened. Just stop.

At the beginning of the year, everyone said pull for the ACC bc it makes us look better. Hahaha what happened

Oct 15, 2016, 1:58 AM

I watched them about lose to Duke tonight.
They are not in the same ball park talent wise as CLEMSON.

Awwww..You are a sweet little coot

Oct 15, 2016, 2:09 AM

nice try.

Oct 15, 2016, 2:15 AM

You stepped on a few doormats and then lit up the worst team FSU has fielded in a decade. Your fanbase has already embarrassed itself enough parading around like Louisville is some sort of power worthy of widespread respect. You have accomplished NOTHING, but hey, congrats on the September Heisman and clawing past Duke to reach 5-1. Emphasis on 1.

Oct 15, 2016, 2:44 AM

Lol why the obsession? I loved watching that game and seeing a Duke defender getting tackled by the Louisville left tackle on a crucial third and goal for Louisville. Of course Jackson missed the throw anyway. No call.

Minutes later Hikutini gets stripped as he's fighting for extra yardage. The refs say a whistle blew, even though everyone knew there was no whistle. Louisville keeps the ball.

Where's the faux outrage from crybaby Petrino and the salty vag Louisville fans? No, they are predictably silent.

Calls go both ways in every game, now stop acting like scorned women and pretend like you belong.

Because your coach is a piece of ####

Oct 15, 2016, 2:37 AM

And your fans are whiny #######. We want to see you fail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I actually think L-ville is having a good season

Oct 15, 2016, 2:54 AM

I think the subject came up because the Duke @ UL was the Friday night game tonight. People talk about other games, including conference games, as they are happening, quite frequently here.

The rest is probably just backlash from some Louisville fans complaining a little too much about phantom calls, refs, conspiracies, etc. UL played a competitive game, but Clemson did what they needed to do, and was physical in the trenches and still won by a TD despite 5 turnovers.

You have to remember that Clemson has also been carrying the ACC banner (against the $EC media and other media favorites) for years and competing with FSU, as well as the old school ACC favoritism for NC schools, mostly in basketball, for decades.

Lamar Jackson : 2016 :: Chad Kelly : 2015

Oct 15, 2016, 5:26 AM

Start off year with a bang.
ESPN Heisman choice in Sept.
Have 1 great game against a football powerhouse.
Fade by November.
Lose to a lesser before season's end.

I know the last one hasn't happened yet, but there's a team in Texas waiting on the UL schedule. Just please beat UK. We can't have an SEC least team beating this year's ACC media darling.

For reference:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/sec/2015-ole-miss-rebels-football-schedule.php

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-louisville-cardinals-football-schedule.php

Cardsfan16

Oct 15, 2016, 5:30 AM

Lamar Jackson is not a qb,he's an athlete.There is a difference.Lamar will never be a qb in the pros

What rubbed me a very very wrong way...

Oct 15, 2016, 5:39 AM

about Louisville fans, besides how you talk trash on your board, was that, not only was my account denied access to the board, but my wife's account which is tied with a Big Ten team was denied access too.

Basically, your fans want to enjoy in your imaginary world and don't want any interference from outsiders.

True that.***

Oct 15, 2016, 9:09 AM

Oct 15, 2016, 8:32 AM

Maybe discussions were because that was the game on? I mean, it's odd you come on another team's board to talk about obsession. What made you think to be on a Clemson board after your game?

True that.***

Oct 15, 2016, 9:10 AM

Oct 15, 2016, 8:36 AM

Many of us watch and comment on most college football games. UL happened to get many comments last night because it was the only game on. Plus Duke was making it a good game.

Card coots

Oct 15, 2016, 8:38 AM

POS coach POS players... glad you guys could take over the honors.

Lamar is not better.**

Oct 15, 2016, 8:46 AM

nm

42-36*****

Oct 15, 2016, 8:47 AM

You were in the only game worth watching in primetime

Oct 15, 2016, 8:52 AM

#######.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 9:03 AM

I had the 'pleasure' of listening to the game on xm last night while driving home. It was the Louisville feed. Honestly, I was going to just keep my thoughts to myself.... UNTIL I saw your (whiny) thread!

Listening to your two play by play guys was PAINFUL. They are as equally whiny as you and the vocal minority of the UL fans (AND your coach) have been since your loss in Death Valley.

And allow me - orange tinted glasses and all - to ALSO add: padded stats (oh, to include Jackson 'keeping' the ball for your last score) does NOT a Heisman winner make. I don't think there is ONE Tiger fan, not to mention a LOT of pundits who would take Jackson over Deshaun Watson as their quarterback.

Take your pathetic, whiny, obsessed diatribe elsewhere. Here, you're just a sore loser with a serious case of butthurt.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sums it up*****

Oct 15, 2016, 9:12 AM

Oct 15, 2016, 9:15 AM

Jackson didn't look like a Heisman winner last night did he. Lucky the refs bailed your team out last night or your team might have got beat by Dook, yes DOOK. That fumble inside the ten right before the long TD run was a gift saying forward progress had been stopped, he was fighting for yardage, if he had broke free they wouldn't have said the same thing. Still Dook had a chance til that bogus roughing call. Good luck winning out the way your team played last night not going to happen, Go Tigers!

Oct 15, 2016, 9:38 AM

I agree with the fumble being a give me....forward progress wasn't stopped. But that was actually textbook roughing the kicker...ran directly into his plant leg. Cutcliff should have told his guys not to go after the ball direct at the kicker on that play....just stay away from the kicker. Even if the guy made it, would have been a 6 point game they could have won.

Oct 15, 2016, 9:46 AM

No the was a very quick forward progress whistle...

Oct 15, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Why the obsession? ]

Yes.. The blueprint for beating Louisville has been set. Attack the LOS and make him throw. But OMG the Refs saved them last night.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic