Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Qweshions in Belk situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,550

Qweshions in Belk situation

May 17, 2018, 10:20 AM

None of the official statements say who has declining health. Who is it? Mom, dad, sibling, uncle?

Is the declining health terminal or is there treatment?

Why did there have to be an attorney involved and releasing statements?

In any of Clemson official statements why did no one say they are praying for recovery of this person with declining health?

Was the person that has declining health have that same declining health when he committed and signed? Did it just recently take a turn for the worse?

Was Belk traveling back and forth multiple times a week?

Did Belk have attitude problems?

Does this open up a way for any college football player to get unconditional transfers if they are just not happy in their first 2-4 months away from home? I mean, I think just about everyone's family has someone who has declining health they can pawn...

I am sure there are more questions, but these are just from my simple mind...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The big push is for players to be able to transfer wherever

May 17, 2018, 10:23 AM

they would like with no penalty. That was the #1 discussed topic at the ACC meetings and NCAA meetings.

The thought is that coaches can leave and accept better jobs, so why can't players. It sounds good, but just not that easy in reality to have a free agency system in college athletics.

Re: The big push is for players to be able to transfer wherever

May 17, 2018, 11:33 AM

Coaches typically have buyouts through their contracts. If their contract is up- then they can leave without penalty... seems pretty similar to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why should they release that information?

May 17, 2018, 10:29 AM

I trust Dabo is aware of the situation and has the bulk of answers. Why should they publish who is sick, is the health terminal, when did their health decline, how often was he travelling, is there an attitude problem, etc etc.

That's all private information that can be handled internally. You don't have a right to that information anymore than somebody has a right to your family's personal details.

Yes, things are very curious, but decisions have been made and we need to move on. The lawyer piece is the most interesting, but I'm sure that will all be figured out in time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why should they release that information?

May 17, 2018, 10:37 AM

Never said anyone had a right to this information, but if a highly touted recruit has a family member they are close to with a serious health issue it is usually public knowledge at least locally.

Unconditional transfers are not handed out lightly especially to someone of Josh Belk caliber. And with the lawyer involved it is just fishy. That is why I have questions, no right to the answer, but questions regardless.

Re: Qweshions in Belk situation

May 17, 2018, 10:36 AM

With very limited information given, this leads to a lot of speculation and many unanswered questions. If we had some of these questions answered, then we could move on to the next topic.

Re: Qweshions in Belk situation- might be his health

May 17, 2018, 11:30 AM

sick of being way down on the depth chart

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,550
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic