Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We don't deserve to host
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,128

We don't deserve to host

May 25, 2013, 12:21 PM

Hate it or not. I don't think we do.

I know this is isnt a popular subject..... but really is time Clemson goes into another direction at HC.

Jack has become Tommy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't deserve to host

May 25, 2013, 12:48 PM

I concur that we do NOT deserve to host a regional.

The coaching last night regarding the pitchders was a travesty. Don;t our guys understand with a5 run cushion, you are not cute pitching--you get every batter to hit the ball or "whiff" if you are lucky. Don't walk anyone. So M. Campbell goes right out and walks #1 in 9th and the deluge begins.

Jack and his pitching coach should stay home today---don't go to the ballpark. Let them lose on their own and not with the nutty moves by the coaching staff.

Fact is--we are no longer in the top echelon of the ACC and may be closer to the bottom than we think. How many of our batters struck out last night? Wilkerson must have set the conference tournament record for one game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2013, 12:50 PM

so top 5 sos, that is strength of schedule if you didnt know, and a top 12 rpi deserves nothing huh. i get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2013, 1:10 PM

You dont get it.

BLIND

This team is a reflection of this staff.

We are gonna lose either way

May 25, 2013, 1:13 PM

you mean the staff that has a head coach getting ready to be inducted into the hall of fame and a staff that just brought in a top 5 recruiting class with more on the way. that staff.

May 25, 2013, 1:42 PM

I believe it's time for you to go in another direction with our favorite team...if you can't see jack is one of the best coaches in the country you need to keep your mouth shut or go apply for the coaching job since you know so much.

You have to win some of those tough games for it...

May 25, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't deserve to host ]

to really matter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Closer to the bottom?

May 25, 2013, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't deserve to host ]

Pretty sure we just played 58 games and proved we are a top 15 team in the country and at worst the 5th best in the conference. I don't consider that the bottom or close to it

You don't deserve to post. (same logic).***

May 25, 2013, 1:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: You don't deserve to post. (same logic).***

May 25, 2013, 2:47 PM

and it also rhymes

null

May 25, 2013, 3:22 PM

Considering we have left 39 batters on base in the past 4 games, I am concerned you believe we should host.
We only left 3 vs the Wolfpack but 16 last nightr about 20 in the two losses to FSU.
Where do you see light at the end of the tunnel, Tiger_Swimmer? I am puzzled that you think we are a top echelon team. The loss last night was a #### travesty and I believe you know that. If we have anything left to ustilize vs Miami who took the series from us in Coral Gables, I will be amazed.
Their are guys on this roster that absolutely are not producing and thus we have lost 4 in a row---at least two of which we should have won. the loss to NCSU was in the cards, I think. No CU hitting and not taking advantage of a great scoring opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2013, 6:43 PM

Thanks for your support

guess what, it's not going to be decided by any1 on t net if

May 25, 2013, 3:27 PM

we host or not

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

May 25, 2013, 3:40 PM

I played sports my whole life til I got too old and every coach I ever had could teach me everything he knew, but you should realize that when its time to play, he cant play for you, you have to go out and play yourself, so why blame Jack for us losing a game that we had a 7-2 lead, don't you think that he probably felt just a little bad for his team, after all all he could do was watch in disbelief just as his team did........

May 25, 2013, 3:40 PM

no offense but he left in Campbell WAY too long in the 9th that is something he could have done.

null

Why pull Patrick Andrews?***

May 25, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't deserve to host ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly !

May 25, 2013, 6:54 PM

!

Re: Why pull Patrick Andrews?***

May 25, 2013, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Why pull Patrick Andrews?*** ]

If you have watched games you realize that he has been a 1 inning guy or 2 at the most --that is where he has been most effective. He had also thrown over 50 pitches in 2 plus inning. Our plan has been Andrews,Campbell, then Firth did not work last night. No one is more upset it did not work out than the players an Coaches.We all are disappointed an upset,there is no reason to blame any one thing for this loss. I promise you there is a reason these guys came to Clemson ,Coach Leggett--If anyone thinks getting rid of him would garner Clemson a top notch coach,think again. I promise you NO ONE would touch us out of respect for Jack.

It's not like last night was the only time we have choked

May 25, 2013, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't deserve to host ]

in the post season. Hard to blame it on the players when it has happened year after year after year.

May 26, 2013, 9:54 PM

YEP.........

We got exactly what we deserved

Jack's been Tommy for 10 years, nothing changes***

May 27, 2013, 12:57 AM

Re: Jack's been Tommy for 10 years, nothing changes***

May 27, 2013, 1:15 AM

I would agree except for one thing.....Tommy owned Carolina. Jack.....not so much. Perhaps he gets a little redemption in the regionals.

May 27, 2013, 1:25 AM

true, i was actually giving Jack too much credit.

May 27, 2013, 1:28 AM

I shot ducks in Slidell over 20 years ago. At the time, it was a hot spot. I'm assuming it still is.....hope you take advantage of the opportunities.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,128
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic