Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why not throw a slant to Renfrow on 3rd and 4 and seal the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,430

Why not throw a slant to Renfrow on 3rd and 4 and seal the

Sep 8, 2018, 11:18 PM

victory? You know he is going to catch it. I don't understand the methodology we used; perhaps it is why I am an accountant and not a college football coach...but I digress.

Someone explain to me.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the coaches would rather punt it away and get good field position

Sep 8, 2018, 11:19 PM

rather than risk an interception and the other team getting the ball at midfield. Oh wait...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was the right call

Sep 8, 2018, 11:27 PM

Job #1 there is ball control
Job #2 there is keep the clock running
Job #3 there is to get the first

You absolutely never throw there.

Granted you also don’t punt the ball just 20 yards, but that was not what was intended. It was supposed to be a rugby punt-n-roll.

But we won and i’ll Take it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because our coaching staff has a bad habit

Sep 8, 2018, 11:20 PM

of playing not to lose rather than playing to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Because our coaching staff has a bad habit

Sep 8, 2018, 11:22 PM

The offensive play calling has to improve. We have no imagination at all. The other teams don't have a lot to focus on but hey, we won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a great playbook...

Sep 8, 2018, 11:27 PM

and a great offensive scheme. Unfortunately our coaches haven't had the confidence in a QB here to fully implement that offense since 2016. If they did, we would have never had to rely on dumb luck to beat an average NC State team last year or an average TAMU team this year (even with the ridiculous no-calls on repeated flagrant holding tonight).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well it worked

Sep 8, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Because our coaching staff has a bad habit ]

we didn't lose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not throw a slant to Renfrow on 3rd and 4 and seal the

Sep 8, 2018, 11:21 PM

Because our coaches like to play not to lose instead of playing to win. Gonna eventually bite us

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:25 PM

It already has bit us. Pitt and Alabama.

For the same reason we didn't do it against NC State...

Sep 8, 2018, 11:23 PM

last year. I'll let you figure out the answer. We were lucky to win that game too. Same reason the game was in peril against this AWFUL FSU team late in the 4th quarter last year, but they were just too awful to take the game when we tried to give it to them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:24 PM

According to my calculations, that play would only have a 27% chance of success.

Dabo does not trust KB to throw it ... honest answer

Sep 8, 2018, 11:24 PM

Sad but true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He told you this?***

Sep 8, 2018, 11:28 PM

bc DW4 plays for the Texans.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:30 PM

It’s possible that Trevor can do it well but he needs about two or three more games before he’s confident in all things and for our OC to throw away the KB playbook when he comes in. Bama would’ve beat us by 3 TDS tonight.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:31 PM

They're human. I ask you, (and I asked 10 coaches) you are up two points 4th quarter on your opponents 35 yd line, It's 3rd and 1 what play do you run? Keep in mind your quarterback has thrown for over 500 yards in the game and your team has less than 60 yards. After that running play its 4th and 1. What play do you call?
Every coach I asked ran it again. The Stat sheet does not lie. Over 500 yards passing less than 60 running and they all chose to run. We did too, and lost to Pitt.

Because if it’s incomplete, the clock stops. Still,

Sep 8, 2018, 11:32 PM

I agree. I think they should have passed there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just not what Dabo does. I can't remember the last

Sep 8, 2018, 11:35 PM

time we put the ball in the air on a potential close out drive. It's always going to be run x3.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,430
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic