Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our New Safety
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,137

Our New Safety

Jan 21, 2016, 9:25 PM

Only time will tell. Seems like a reach and it's a bit of a polarizing situation. I understand reaching at the end of a recruiting cycle when there has been a mass exodus in the defensive backfield, yet the family ties and absolute lack of presence from any recruiting service makes me wonder.

Ultimately I look to what is a tremendous history of talent evaluation from our staff and I must walk away trusting them and thinking that time will tell if this reach pays dividends for our program. Scholarships are a limited resource and we need good players to continue our success. It's much harder to stay at the top than to get there.

Welcome Nolan. I hope you grow into being a great player and utilize your time at Clemson to the fullest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our New Safety

Jan 21, 2016, 9:50 PM

he will probably develope into a decent player in a few years, But I in no way expect him to fill next year's void.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2016, 3:10 AM

Absolutely not. Not sure if there's a first year player out there, that we have a chance at in the defensive backfield that has the ability to come in and hold down a spot next year.

Jan 21, 2016, 9:52 PM

I'd trust them. Brent V and Dabo S are no joke. This kid has a great motor kind of like Ben Boulware it appears. Will turn out to be another Wayne Gallman type player we can only hope. Diamond in rough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2016, 3:11 AM

I liked his film. He's definitely a player with a nose for,the ball and he arrives with bad intentions. Like I said, time will tell.

Why not preferred walk on like Renfrow and let him earn

Jan 21, 2016, 9:53 PM

His scholly when our class is so limited this year?

That's my only question. I'm not one to judge Dabo though.

Re: Why not preferred walk on like Renfrow and let him earn

Jan 21, 2016, 9:57 PM

Dabo and his staff have proven they have an eye for talent. I trust every move they make will make us better at all positions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he cover kickoffs and tackle OJ Howard?

Jan 21, 2016, 10:07 PM

Sign him.

Re: Why not preferred walk on like Renfrow and let him earn

Jan 21, 2016, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Why not preferred walk on like Renfrow and let him earn ]

TJ Green had no stars until Clemson offered then ESPN put 4 stars on him...Lots of under the radar type of kids out there....

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic