Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder what our plan is at point guard?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,135

I wonder what our plan is at point guard?

Apr 28, 2018, 11:32 AM

I have been thinking about our point guard situation. We know how great Shelton Mitchell is, and expect/hope that he will return for the 2018-2019 season. Regardless, point guard help is our biggest need. We don't have a true backup PG, unless you count Marcquise Reed providing stop duty there or Clyde Trapp bringing the ball up the court sometimes. We absolutely need at least one, if not two, PGs on the roster for 2019-2020.

I keep up with basketball recruiting, and the two 2018 high school point guards highest on our list have recently committed elsewhere: 3-star Trey McGowens committed to Pitt, and 5-star Courtney Ramey committed to Texas. I'm confident our coaches are going after a great point guard, and am curious if there are other high school recruits for 2018 we don't know about yet. Or perhaps there are some transfer PGs who will provide relief. A grad transfer point guard would help us this year, but only have the one year to play. A younger player who has only played a year or two of college basketball would be a better long-term solution, but would not be available this year.

Hopefully we can fill some of these holes in the weeks to come. Our continued basketball success hinges on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I wonder what our plan is at point guard?

Apr 28, 2018, 11:34 AM

I keep hearing there are some really good players in state the next few cycles. I follow football but not basketball recruiting. You mind to give me the big time names and positions of instate kids?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In-state, we are heavily recruiting PG Josiah Jordan-James

Apr 28, 2018, 11:39 AM

He is a 6'6" 200 pound point guard from Porter-Gaud in Charleston. Class of 2019. We offered him a scholarship a year and a half ago.He also has offers from Texas, Stanford, Louisville, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Florida, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Auburn, Cincinnati, Xavier, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, and others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: In-state, we are heavily recruiting PG Josiah Jordan-James

Apr 28, 2018, 11:45 AM

Usuck is going after him as well. We need to obviously get the best available for next season and beyond. Trapp is not the answer long term.

Go Tigers!

Apr 28, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to In-state, we are heavily recruiting PG Josiah Jordan-James ]

Thanks for the info. Nice to be going after a guy with that kind of offer list. Hope it works out.

We need that CJ Spiller recruit we weren’t suppose to go after let alone get who can change it all around for us.

Apr 28, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to In-state, we are heavily recruiting PG Josiah Jordan-James ]

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/article208947864.html

Plan? What Plan?

Apr 29, 2018, 11:30 AM

I don't think we have a plan.

Why not? We have a good coaching staff.***

Apr 29, 2018, 10:46 PM

Re: Why not? We have a good coaching staff.***

Apr 30, 2018, 10:33 AM

Are you aware of any Plan B when the young man from Charleston commits elsewhere? Concurrently, what is our plan when Shelton Mitchell turns pro this summer?

Re: Why not? We have a good coaching staff.***

Apr 30, 2018, 11:26 AM

You're asking someone on a message board what plans our basketball coaches have? Are you trying to say that if he doesn't know the plan then there is not one?

And are you also stating that Mitchell is for sure turning pro this summer? If so, please provide your credible sources, tia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,135
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic