Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hearing OrTre Smith may not get an offer.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Hearing OrTre Smith may not get an offer.

Jun 10, 2015, 2:31 PM

I think it would be pretty tragic to hand out legacy offers left and right and NOT offer a legacy top 100 player.

I don't like to criticize too much but this reeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Hearing OrTre Smith may not get an offer.

Jun 10, 2015, 2:35 PM

GUESSING IF HE DONT GET AN OFFER THERE MAY BE A REASON OR 2

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he doesn't get offered

Jun 10, 2015, 2:40 PM

He better be a criminal, druggie or flunkie in no particular order. Otherwise, massive fail IMO

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

#1 player in the state in his class according to 24/7

Jun 10, 2015, 2:37 PM

I think you have to offer the best 2 or 3 guys in the state every year regardless of position.

Why not?

Jun 10, 2015, 2:55 PM

Grades? Too full at WR? Attitude?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a 2017 guy

Jun 10, 2015, 2:57 PM

so it ain't that we're "full"

Re: He's a 2017 guy

Jun 10, 2015, 4:37 PM

Hearing ?
Link ?
Source(s)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Guessing you mean't to reply to the OP?

Jun 10, 2015, 4:38 PM

because I ain't heard nothin'

Re: He's a 2017 guy

Jun 10, 2015, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: He's a 2017 guy ]

You don't question Tiger Woods when it comes to recruiting

Re: Why not?

Jun 12, 2015, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Why not? ]

I coach Ortre Smith in aau basketball well manner kid and a 3.75 in the class room

You're all wrong.

Jun 10, 2015, 4:40 PM

He grew up a Coot fan

His mom played volleyball at Clemson

Jun 10, 2015, 4:44 PM

so I doubt that.

I was mixing him up with Xavier Thomas

Jun 10, 2015, 5:14 PM

I was joking but, if Dabo doesn't offer someone elite, it's usually a character issue. And USuC fans, well, you get where I was goin....

Re: I was mixing him up with Xavier Thomas

Jun 10, 2015, 6:03 PM

if an athlete's mom or pop attended Clemson as a scholarship athlete, i doubt that character or grades would be an issue, otherwise, he wouldn't get a camp invite. i can't think of any former athlete that has an athletic child having character issues... it's just not in our training...

being full or projecting well to get the guys that project higher is a risky proposition. i hate losing any serviceable legacy...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 4:45 PM

Who is his dad? And for what it's worth 24/7 has him as 100% to Clemson on their crystal ball

Maybe he's being tested for other positions first

Jun 10, 2015, 5:09 PM

and not just WR. He's like many other talented kids and plays on both sides of the ball. How did he do in camp? I saw a tweet that he dropped more than a few balls.

Jun 10, 2015, 5:27 PM

It's still really early for him. Clemson probably only offer kids they feel are top 15 in the country at wr at this point. May want too see a few game tapes next year.

I would have to think that there is a reason behind it

Jun 10, 2015, 5:27 PM

Dabo and co are well aware of his talent. Maybe its a character issue that we are not aware of? I dont know but im sure there a reason behind it

Re: I would have to think that there is a reason behind it

Jun 12, 2015, 11:01 PM

I coach Ortre Smith in aau basketball nices respectable kid you can meet and has 3.75 in the class room.

Jun 10, 2015, 6:23 PM

Are we trying to get k. Johnson jr.? And the wr from nc (from waxhaw)? That would be the only reason I could see.

Johnson seems to enjoy Nebraska for whatever reason tho so who knows bout that kid

Jun 10, 2015, 6:37 PM

I don't think that he is fast enough and after seeing him live a few times I don't think he will finish that high. He jumps out with the eye test has good size and hands but isn't a great route runner, doesn't have great speed and doesn't have great run after catch ability. I think the 6'4 Florida guy, James Robinson? is a better take at the 9 position and this has an offer. The recruiting services are infatuated with OT. He is an in state guy and a legacy and so I hope we find a way to take him. We goofed on bell and that's the reason OT may not get an offer.

Jun 10, 2015, 6:55 PM

so, you think or have intel that Bell (Shadell?) is not going to produce much in the program?

Jun 10, 2015, 7:15 PM

No he could but the problem was that he was offered too early and committed and stayed committed. If they could go back they probably wouldn't have offered from what I have heard. That being said he could still develop into a player. I think they would have offered OT if they were gonna take more than 1 or 2 WR in 2017. They probably would have taken 3 with Denzel, Deon and Ray Ray. Leaving more room in either 16' or 17'. I think OT could still end up with an offer if anybody leaves

Jun 10, 2015, 7:52 PM

Thanks for the perspective and intelligent analysis... It can be lacking around here sometimes... ??

Jun 10, 2015, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing OrTre Smith may not get an offer. ]

I will agree with you. We had to turn down a lot of really good wr last that most people liked better than bell.

Jun 11, 2015, 12:45 AM

Odd as it sounds, I still think Bell was a good take. Maybe he won't ever be more than a second team WR at clemson due to the absurd talent we have at the position. At the same time, he's got a great build and seems likely to contribute both as a possession receiver and as a core special teamer - certainly an area in which we've had issues and probably the hardest thing to convince top recruits to play.

Jun 11, 2015, 8:16 AM

I agree with you. He's a project for now, but most people don't understand the severity of the injuries he sustained his junior and senior year. He's working hard and getting back on track. Think about the end of this season...we are losing Peake, but could potentially lose Williams and Hopper as well. By 2016, Bell will have a firm understanding of the offense and could potentially step in and provide depth if we miss out on Overton. That leaves us with Thompson, Cain and 2016 Powell. IMO Bell provides good depth that we can rely on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TW, I respect your views, but...

Jun 10, 2015, 7:16 PM

This coaching staff has the track record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: TW, I respect your views, but...

Jun 10, 2015, 9:00 PM

You are correct. But I swear....if the chickens land this kid.

Jun 12, 2015, 11:19 PM

I know for a fact he is a straight up young man.
Grades are great
Attitude is great
Work ethic great
Very humble.

My son was his track coach. Any reason he does not get an offer is NOT because of him.

Jun 13, 2015, 12:03 AM

Maybe not because of his personality but he might not be what they are looking for athletically

Jun 13, 2015, 12:07 AM

It's way to early to give out offers to wr yet. Clemson will only offer the top guys they find.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic