Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 101

USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year

Apr 18, 2013, 9:51 PM

with no more people in the stands for women games do you think they actually make enough money to pay her salary from ticket sales to women games.

yet they want to throw it up to Clemson about paying our DC and OC in football the highest salary for Coords. in college football.

I think Clemson can cover their salaries from tickets sales

USC should be the laughing stock of womens' college basketball for paying her that type of salary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year

Apr 18, 2013, 10:04 PM

She isn't even the highest paid in the SEC. Besides, if Clemson wouldn't waste so much money on a DC that gives up 450 yards to a backup QB and 600 yards to FSU, they could afford to pay coaches in other sports a bit more. Also, since the athletic department brought in $84 million and only spent $77 million, they have quite a bit of overhead before they are no longer self-sufficient.

Apr 19, 2013, 3:03 AM

It's funny because if he was a backup he wouldn't be getting talked about as the starter this season would he? And he wouldn't have started games over Conor Shaw last year would he? Last time I check you played a two quarterback offense, cut that "we beat you with our backup" ######## out coot.

Apr 19, 2013, 11:13 AM

He's not being talked about as the starter...Shaw was named and will be the starter by the coaches. It's not even a debate unless you consider fans saying they want thompson. Thompson started games only because shaw was injured. Why would you not start a qb with I think 3 losses in his entire career? So yes carolina definitely beat Clemson with a backup qb. Also, they started a backup RB and a point guard as a leading receiver. Facts are facts

Apr 19, 2013, 6:21 PM

Ok so if you want to play like that Clemson started a basketball player at wide receiver too (Nuk Hopkins played on the team for one year.) Your arguments are just stupid.

Apr 19, 2013, 9:44 PM

haha. Yes my argument is stupid for proving that a backup qb, backup rb, and a wr that also is the current basketball team pg combined to beat clemson again. They also ended your home winning streak,(only since the last time Carolina played there) at night, with "inferior" talent, and kept clemson from having a shot at an at large bcs bid.
Congrats on Nuk(dookie)Hopkins being on the basketball team though. I believe he had more drops than catches in the game...real solid argument.

what a lame response factchecker***

Apr 19, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year ]

checkingyourfacts

Apr 19, 2013, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year ]

Why is carolina on a 4 game winning streak against Clemson, but yet youre afraid of the tigers? Dabo is building a program up in clemson. Hopefully you can keep spurrier another 10 years because i'd hate to rebuild in columbia with clemson getting better every year.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Staley might be highest paid per seated fan.***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2013, 10:06 PM

For a sport that loses money every year it baffles me with the logic behind this. Is not this more money than the USC baseball coach makes?

Apr 19, 2013, 9:42 AM

The logic is that they have the cash to do it, so they're keeping hold on a coach that they want to buy a...sorry, I mean build a program around. This is what huge contracts with ESPN get you - the ability to throw money around like it's nothing. This is the future.

Spending that much ona womans's basketball coach is

Apr 18, 2013, 10:13 PM

Ridiculous. I for one a glad we put our money in football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does Southern Cal

Apr 18, 2013, 10:23 PM

Have to do with tigernet? The place for Clemson sports information!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year***

Apr 18, 2013, 10:38 PM

They pay Clowney at least double that***

Apr 18, 2013, 11:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2013, 3:09 AM

Why do we care what Southern Cal's women's basketball coach makes anyway?

Apr 19, 2013, 10:06 AM

Now that Tanner isn't coaching, she is by far the best coach in their athletic dept, so she should be the highest paid. And she's not a arrogant ####### like the football coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are wasting money on something that is not

Apr 19, 2013, 11:09 AM

worth a hill of beans.

why are you concerned

Apr 19, 2013, 5:02 PM

with how we spend our money? If our women win an NCAA Tournament then it is worth it. You worry about your coaches and your money and let us worry about ours. Amazing all that money you spend on coordinators and it hasn't done any good against your rival.

and fyi Dylan Thompson was a backup. He only played when Shaw was hurt. Next year will be 2 QB system but last year was not.

Irony ?***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:28 PM

Apr 19, 2013, 11:48 AM

Dawn Staley gives the university positive press and to me that's worth more than the difference in her salary and a mediocre coaches salary if the mediocre coach put a mediocre program at Carolina. Title IX forces us to have these women's programs. I believe by paying for a top notch coach that will give us something in return is better than hiring a bargain coach who will not return anything for her salary. I'll bet our WBB program comes a lot closer to breaking even with Dawn's salary than Clemson's does with Audra Smith's salary. The positive PR is just a bonus. Remember, the WBB program requires no additional facilities, the Colonial Life Center is already there. All a school has to do is hire a top notch coach to get a top notch program that will return much in the way of positive PR if not revenue. Dawn's salary is probably 2-300K more than a mediocre coaches would be. It's well worth the extra.

What is the average attendance for USCheat wommens bb ?***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:28 PM

Re: What is the average attendance for USCheat wommens bb ?***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:44 PM

Per game attendance at Carolina was 3952 for a total of 63000 for the year. Clemson average 967 for a total of 14511. I don't know what tickets cost, but 50000 additional tickets would go a log way to make up the difference in salary. When you add in additional revenue for more TV appearances, post season tournament revenue, I think the investment was sound. The good PR is just a bonus.

3952 ? Did you average that many in the seats for mens

Apr 19, 2013, 1:56 PM

basketball at USCheat ? PT Barnum was correct.

Yes 10427 for men

Apr 19, 2013, 2:18 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/pdfs/2011/2011+ncaa+mens+basketball+attendance+full+report

8868 for 2012

Apr 19, 2013, 2:24 PM

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2012.pdf

Re: What is the average attendance for USCheat wommens bb ?***

Apr 19, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the average attendance for USCheat wommens bb ?*** ]

Your numbers don't add up. South Carolna had 22 home games. If you average is right then it would be 87000 total attendance. Anyway - season tickets are four for $100. That's a $1.14 a game. They pay her more than the baseball coach but generate dramatically less per seat per game. You also have to meet a minimum Gamecock Club membership level to even purchase baseball tickets. They'll give anyone a four pack of women's basketball season tickets for a cool $100. I'd call it a loss-leader, but there is no actual revenue source for it to lead to. The entire sport is a money pit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo !***

Apr 22, 2013, 8:15 AM

Re:Holderman says that you can buy a lot of Boehms for

Apr 19, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: USC pays a woman bb coach 850,000 a year ]

that kind of money.

Apr 19, 2013, 11:53 AM

A top notch WBB program does bring additional revenue though with more TV games, post season play and additional ticket sales. I would imagine the additional 2-300K that Dawn makes is returned to Carolina by at least double.

Apr 19, 2013, 11:57 AM

Just remember, a certain amount of women's programs are mandated by Title IX. A top notch WBB program is the closest you'll probably ever get to a revenue neutral women's program.

Apr 19, 2013, 1:45 PM

forgot the link. I know y'all aren't going to take my word for it:

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2013WBBattend1.html

Why not?

Apr 19, 2013, 3:48 PM

Lots of sec football money to throw around

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Why not?

Apr 19, 2013, 4:11 PM

and more and more money to toss around, in the future it looks like.

Apr 19, 2013, 9:26 PM

It's easy when you have an $80 million (soon to increase dramatically) budget.

Replies: 34
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic