Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why isn't more being made of this Isaiah Crowell deal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Why isn't more being made of this Isaiah Crowell deal?

Jul 12, 2016, 8:03 PM

Dude post a pic on Instagram or facebook or whatever of a guy cutting a cops throat.....

and nothing................crickets

What a world we live in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why isn't more being made of this Isaiah Crowell deal?

Jul 12, 2016, 8:04 PM

I've heard plenty about it and I've spent about an hour online today.

Jul 12, 2016, 8:05 PM

Havent seen one thing on TV about it...

Love the gif. What the heck are those dudes doing? lol

Jul 12, 2016, 8:08 PM

Oh well I don't watch TV really. Not sure why it's not been covered. Probably because Browns?

Oh, and dudes in GIF are just having guy time. You know, pretty typical guy gathering time. You know what I mean.

Because idiots don't deserve ink.***

Jul 12, 2016, 8:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Because idiots don't deserve ink.***

Jul 12, 2016, 8:07 PM

agree...

but with that being said.....it's a disgrace

I like it when a racist is allowed to be a racist and does

Jul 12, 2016, 8:09 PM

not have to hide it or fear being fined.

Wear your racism on your sleeve. I want people to show me who they are..wear a white hood, or a big X or by posting hateful videos.

Hope he's not punished.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I like it when a racist is allowed to be a racist and does

Jul 12, 2016, 8:12 PM

posting a pic of a cop getting his throat cut is completely unacceptable.... not sure if you are saying what he did was ok? If so.....shame on you

no. I don't like it. But I don't like people being forced

Jul 12, 2016, 10:37 PM

to not show who they are. I was really speaking to the fact that the NFL and team have been urged to fine and suspend him. They may, just to protect the brand. But I prefer when racist are encouraged to reveal themselves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Read his apology

Jul 12, 2016, 8:17 PM

Having a hard time believing he wrote that. He's always had a bit of a reckless streak--see UGA expulsion. And while I speculate that some publicist at his agency wrote that, I also somehow see him getting credit for the regret it conveys. Dude probably regrets it, but between the lines I read, likely for all the wrong reasons. Part of me thinks a crying MJ with "sorry bros" carries the same sentiment these days for anyone with a publicist.

You conveniently left out that he removed it within minutes and the apology he followed with.

Jul 12, 2016, 8:18 PM

Not apolozing for him, but also not really a story worth keeping alive. He owned his mistake and is moving on. Me too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You conveniently left out that he removed it within minutes and the apology he followed with.

Jul 12, 2016, 8:55 PM

It wouldn't be worth talking about if there wasn't such a double standard. As someone mentioned below, the LA Clippers owner made some remarks in a private conversation, which weren't good but totally pale in comparison to this, and was headline news for weeks. After being totally destroyed in the media (which I think was deserved to a certain degree) he forced to sell his sports franchise.

It's easy to say "hey, the guy made a mistake, let's move on", but if that's how we are supposed to treat situations like this, why are so many others totally destroyed over so much less?

I suppose it depends on how you choose to look at it.

Jul 12, 2016, 9:17 PM

I see a vast difference between an NBA owner's accountability versus that of an NFL player. The position of power are quite different. Hiwever, if the Browns chose to cut him I sure wouldn't find fault with that.

You choose to see the racial difference.
I'm not going to tell you are wrong, but you cannot claim I am either.

null

Re: I suppose it depends on how you choose to look at it.

Jul 12, 2016, 9:59 PM

I certainly agree that there's a HUGE difference in their accountability, and what we should expect of both...however it should be noted that the owner was at least being illegally recorded in a private conversation. He was speaking with someone he (wrongfully) trusted, and even though what he said wasn't good, he was just saying he didn't want his mistress posting pictures with black guys on Instagram.

If you'd like to even the playing field, I think Don Imus would be an appropriate comparison. Imus is a radio host, so I'd say he's of relatively similar accountability. He said a dumb, inappropriate joke and was fired for it. I didn't think what he said was funny, and thought he definitely deserved criticism, but he was fired over a joke. Crowell publicly posted a picture showing support for killing police officers. There's no comparison between which one is more vile, and yet Imus' comments were FRONT PAGE NEWS for weeks while you can't find a single thing about Crowell's comments on the front page of any major news network--not even ESPN in the middle of the biggest doldrums of the entire sports year! They're showing NBA D-league highlights on the front page!

I guess I am looking at this from a racial standpoint, which I don't really like. I hate the "plight of the white man" posts, and I guess I'm guilty of falling victim to it right now, but I think it's justified to a degree.

I will never support someone being fired over an inappropriate joke, or for their political beliefs, but this goes beyond beliefs. This is supporting the idea of murdering police officers. I'm not saying he should be released or even suspended for his comments...I'm not sure what I think should come from his actions. However, I do believe it deserves a lot more attention than it's received. He deserves criticism far and wide.

Re: I suppose it depends on how you choose to look at it.

Jul 12, 2016, 10:11 PM

You make some great points, however I will take the viewpoint you choose not to. I think he should be cut, and no other team ever pick him up. The man is advocating for murder of police officers. I am a simple man. You threaten my life, I believe I have the right to put you down. This guy is blessed to have had how many chanced to unscrew his life, and this is how he feels. Ok, that's fine. I feel that playing in the NFL is an honor and players should act that way. Besides, I f Ray Rice is untouchable for his actions, how can this guy stay in the league?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You conveniently left out that he removed it within minutes and the apology he followed with.

Jul 13, 2016, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: You conveniently left out that he removed it within minutes and the apology he followed with. ]

I feel like people aren't outraged because they aren't surprised. Crowell has already been arrested for possessing illegal firearms and is known for being a fantastic athlete who doesn't have his head on straight.

There was a parody twitter account of him when he was at UGA that basically lampooned how stupid he is.

He conveniently removed it and then conveniently...

Jul 12, 2016, 9:41 PM [ in reply to You conveniently left out that he removed it within minutes and the apology he followed with. ]

...apologized once he realized folks weren't lining up behind him in support. What he did was wrong. Dead wrong. Now, like you, I'm certainly not dwelling on it and will move on. But actions have consequences and he can't magically take back what he posted by simply hitting the delete button.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Fair is fair.

Jul 13, 2016, 11:44 AM

It's not like anyone can unsee the picture. Those who viewed it will remember for a long while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to You conveniently left out that he removed it within minutes and the apology he followed with. ]

this in no way changes the fact that it was posted!!! U can not unring a bell!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember the LA Kings owner, I believe,being forced to

Jul 12, 2016, 8:37 PM

sell his franchise for much less.

Re: I remember the LA Kings owner, I believe,being forced to

Jul 12, 2016, 8:43 PM

nba la clippers donald sterling.kings are hockey-not too many minorities there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

### n Canadians - we should force them to build a wall so....

Jul 12, 2016, 9:06 PM

American kids get a shot in the NHL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! Can you tell I don't give a plug nickle for pro sports

Jul 14, 2016, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I remember the LA Kings owner, I believe,being forced to ]

anymore......

Jul 12, 2016, 8:44 PM

Maybe someone will return the favor to him.
He's always been a POS.

Jul 12, 2016, 10:00 PM

His agent probably wrote the apology. They are only concerned about money and he probably saw the possibility of some slipping away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps the media...

Jul 12, 2016, 10:18 PM

is again choosing sides to inflame or extinguish perceived racism. He posted it of his own volition - I assume - and should be held accountable for his actions. Shooting someone and then apologizing doesn't bring 'em back. Nope - not saying he shot someone but he did the deed and should either be grilled for it or praised for his actions - in the media and in real life.

I sleep well knowing I've only judged him for what I know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2016, 10:30 PM

Out of really being pisssed off, I've said and done things that I regretted, and I live in a wooden house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2016, 11:35 PM

Just an example of the double standard in American media.

If it doesnt meet their agenda it gets no coverage.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

And there is this...

Jul 13, 2016, 12:19 AM

...link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3687593/He-needs-right-Cleveland-cops-say-ll-stop-protecting-Browns-stadium-Isaiah-Crowell-doesn-t-make-amends-picture-cop-having-throat-slit-team-blasts-disturbing-unacceptable-image.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Crowell is an idiot pure and simple, with emphasis on the

Jul 13, 2016, 10:08 AM

simple. But, when the police start talking about pulling police protection from the entire Browns team, they are just adding to the hysteria, instead of helping the situation. They would have been much better served to do the old "blue flu" silent protest, instead of fanning the flames.

Re: Crowell is an idiot pure and simple, with emphasis on the

Jul 13, 2016, 10:31 AM

Yea, if the police do that, then they should probably be fired without pension/benefits. Their job, as difficult & thankless as it is, is to protect & serve the people. They don't get to pick and choose which people they protect & serve.

Between this, and the 4 cops who left their post during a WNBA game because they didn't like the t-shirts which the players wore (which were supportive of both BLM & the police), things are looking dire...and it's the police who are starting to look like children.

Jul 13, 2016, 11:36 AM

Not to be contentious, but you tend to not be as forgiving when you are being singled out and hunted. I imagine they would all gladly report to work a Browns game if Crowell is fired. Besides, and this is some what off direct topic, but I never undetstood why police should work a sport when said team is owned by Billionaires. Let said billionaire pay for their own security. All of it. This creates a more work on game days, and keeps taxpayers money (police) out of it. I have always hated the argument that games bring revenue to an area. If you don't own a hotel, restaurants, parking lots or bars, where does it benefit Joe Public?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2016, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowell is an idiot pure and simple, with emphasis on the ]

The Supreme Court has ruled in Warren v. District of Columbia that the police do not have a duty to protect citizens.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Post then take it down?

Jul 13, 2016, 11:45 AM

That wouldn't be so bad if others could unsee it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2016, 11:48 AM

I see what you're saying , if that would have been
a white player.
With a picture of a black cop , oh #### the world would be coming to an end.
For sure, For sure.

Jul 13, 2016, 12:25 PM

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Police-to-boycott-Browns-stadium-following-Crowells-post-46214027

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic