Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is the ACC saying thank you sir may I have another
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Why is the ACC saying thank you sir may I have another

Jul 24, 2020, 11:52 AM

Notre Dame is the one in a jam here, not the other ACC members?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the one time they count in the standings, we play them

Jul 24, 2020, 11:53 AM

on the road. This is outrageous.

Re: Why is the ACC saying thank you sir may I have another

Jul 24, 2020, 11:55 AM

This is about the long game i believe. The ACC is setting ND up for a full member play in the next couple of years. Remember how good we were to you when you needed us?!

Jul 24, 2020, 12:01 PM

If ND wants to play for the ACC championship in football they must join the conference prior to the championship and remit ALL NBC TV revenue to the ACC. No exceptions. Grow some Swoffie!!

Jul 24, 2020, 12:08 PM

Obviously this isn't going to be a yearly thing. Why not have ND owing you instead of them thinking they don't need the ACC? Like i said it's about the long game....gotta have some foresight on this.

ND doesn's understand the concept of owe. They dropped the

Jul 24, 2020, 12:21 PM

Big East the minute it was in their best interest. They never felt they owed them anything. THey go around using conferences to satisfy their special need and they get away with it. The other power five conferences are getting sick of their ways also. And they are getting tired of the ACC enabling Notre Dame.

That would be nie, but Notre Dame will never join a

Jul 24, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is the ACC saying thank you sir may I have another ]

conference in football. And yes, I know never is a long time. But just speak with any of their alumni.

Not while they have their own tv deal worth more

Jul 24, 2020, 12:32 PM

Than what acc/ESPN can offer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 24, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is the ACC saying thank you sir may I have another ]

That's crazy, ND is laughing all the way to the bank and at the ACC. Why would they join a conference that is so poorly run, and with a commissioner that leaves the doors open for anyone to just walk right in!!! As much as I don't like what is happening with ND and their FB, you can't really blame them for taking advantage when it's so easy, and it works for them with having it their way!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need for the long game...

Jul 24, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is the ACC saying thank you sir may I have another ]

The ACC (and every other conference on their 2020 schedule) has them bent over a barrel right now. The commissioner just needs too.... oh wait.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No need for the long game...

Jul 24, 2020, 1:26 PM

The ACC needs to not honor a contract they have with ND that runs through 2036 or the television contract they have that includes ND as part of their package? It's one thing if the season is canceled, but another thing to play the season and break that contract.

Also, less games this season means less television revenue. Being able to say you have a handful or more games that include ND to offer allows you more bargaining power to retain more of that lost revenue. It's not as if the ACC gets nothing at all out of the deal.

Re: No need for the long game...

Jul 24, 2020, 1:36 PM

I was looking at it in the perspective of an all conference schedule. They are not a full time member. We have contracts we would have to break with other non conference schools as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many Acc games are they playing?

Jul 24, 2020, 12:03 PM

6?

While the rest of the conference plays 10?

Outrageous!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 12:09 PM

gutless and nutless is no way to go through life yet the ACC seems determined to do that. 2 things should come out of ND situation. They join or leave period. Their NBC deal gets leveraged due to the conf helping them out so Comcast picks up ACCN. Otherwise find your own opponents ND

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??????????????***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:35 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

??????????????***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:35 PM

Jul 24, 2020, 1:09 PM

For those upset with the ND deal, let me ask you this. Do you think the ACC makes any additional revenue from television at all for the 5 football games along with ND in all other sports that ESPN is allowed to air?

Also, the television revenue for this upcoming season would be reduced to reflect fewer games being played. Adding more games with ND or at least keeping the previously scheduled games with ND while also possibly offering an ACC Championship game of Clemson vs. ND would only give the ACC more bargaining power with ESPN to keep most of, if not all of their revenue for this coming season. You don't have to like ND, but stop acting like the ACC is simply doing them a favor while getting nothing in return.

Making worse decisions after bad ones.

Jul 24, 2020, 1:52 PM

The ACC way.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic