Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our last 6 NCAA tournament appearances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Our last 6 NCAA tournament appearances

May 30, 2017, 7:15 PM

our record has... not been good.

Here are our game by game results since 2011 (last time out of the regionals was in 2010)

2011: Clemson Regional
Clemson 11, Sacred Heart 1
Clemson 12, Coastal Carolina 7
Uconn 7, Clemson 6
Uconn 14, Clemson 1

2012: Columbia Regional
Clemson 11, Coastal Carolina 3
South Carolina 5, Clemson 4
Clemson 5, Coastal Carolina 3
South Carolina 4, Clemson 3

2013: Columbia Regional
Liberty 8, Clemson 3
Clemson 10, Saint Louis 2
Liberty 3, Clemson 1

2014: Nashville Regional
Oregon 18, Clemson 1
Xavier 6, Clemson 4

2015: Fullerton Regional
Arizona State 7, Clemson 4
Pepperdine 10, Clemson 8

2016: Clemson Regional
Clemson 24, Western Carolina 10
Oklahoma State 12, Clemson 2
Clemson 15, Western Carolina 3
Oklahoma State 9, Clemson 2

7-12 overall. 3 losses by 10 runs or more. I know most of this is Leggett's waning days but it's about time that we snap out of this postseason funk. Before 2011 the last time we lost in the regional was 2004. from 2005-2010 we at least lade the super each year (except 2008 when we didn't make the tournament at all)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our last 6 NCAA tournament appearances

May 30, 2017, 8:43 PM

Good post. Exactly why we needed to make a change. Long overdue.

Penley needs to do Clemson a solid and step aside in golf.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is that exactly?***

May 30, 2017, 9:41 PM

Re: Why is that exactly?***

May 30, 2017, 10:02 PM

Why was it long overdue? Why penley should step aside? Or why I said it was a good post?

Also y is it a coot post?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2017, 10:06 PM

Pick whatever you want. You are a coot!

May 30, 2017, 10:47 PM

Yeah well. Your opinion. Join the everyone is a coot crowd when it's not your opinion.

Now we are in a funk in baseball regionals. That's truth. Baseball was going down with jack at the helm. Us tiger fans were tired of just winning a region and not going to Omaha.

A good post because he was saying we need to win. Don't think wishing that clemson wins is cootish.

As for penley, you can't fire him, he's built a heckuva a program. Just think after 34 years, it's time for a change and hand the reign over to Byrd or an ok st assistant. Clemson should be in match play at least every other year and win championships a little more often than once.

As good as coach frank Howard was, even he got stale in the 60's. Hence, imo why I say penley ought to retire.

That coot enough? Or is this sowell with another id?

May 30, 2017, 11:08 PM

You are still a coot.....Byrd would be a nice replacement for Penley but why an asst from OK St? You even compared Penley's career to Spurriers! Really! We don't compare our own to chicks at anytime. Therefore, you are a coot.

May 30, 2017, 11:50 PM

Nobody compared him to spurrier. Can you comprehend what you read? As for ok st, they dominated golf championships until 2009. Even though they haven't won it since then, they've been there most every year. Anyone who's followed college golf knows ok st is the gold standard.

May 31, 2017, 12:05 AM

You did! You said his career was like Spurriers! Ok St is no longer the standard......teams are actually graduating players now with degrees that help them in real life. Not everyone plays college golf to turn professional. You have no clue.......then again, you are a coot.

May 31, 2017, 2:00 AM

Ok st is still the standard. Ask Penley himself and see what he says. I have more of a clue than you do. Who said anything about graduating???

And in what comparison did I say he was like spurrier. Besides I think just about any college coach would like to be mentioned on the respected level as spurrier.

Learn to comprehend what you read on tnet. Or follow the crowd and call everyone a coot.

May 30, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Our last 6 NCAA tournament appearances ]

Coot post......

May 30, 2017, 9:02 PM

Not just baseball. When we going to become an lsu in baseball, a Stanford in tennis, uva is getting er done, a duke in basketball, an Oklahoma st in golf. We were building that in soccer.

Absolutely no reason that Clemson shouldn't demand to be better. We have way more to offer than the other schools. We can Coexist with football.

Will be the first to admit if all we could be was a football dynasty then wouldn't trade it for the world. But we don't have to settle. Takes an AD and fans to do it.

Nobody is good at everything.***

May 30, 2017, 11:10 PM

Get back with us when UVA does something in football.***

May 30, 2017, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Our last 6 NCAA tournament appearances ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get back with us when UVA does something in football.***

May 30, 2017, 11:45 PM

Do you people even comprehend what you read? Or do you just pick a word? UVA won a baseball Natty and 3 out of 4 years in tennis. It's called a comparison. Do y'all even root for clemson in other sports?

May 30, 2017, 11:55 PM

Tiger5 said get back to us when they do something in FB. You can't comprehend what you read......coot.

May 31, 2017, 12:17 AM

Hence another new Idiot calling somebody a Coot
Because he doesn't like the post.
I can assure you he is not a Coot , Coot.
See what I did there?

May 31, 2017, 12:32 AM

I will take your word for it badb.....maybe he is just stupid.

May 30, 2017, 9:41 PM

We also had 3 WINS by 10 runs or more ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

awesome we can bash WCU***

May 31, 2017, 1:15 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic