Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is everyone upset about wheat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why is everyone upset about wheat?

Mar 18, 2016, 3:50 PM

Is there some gluten war goin on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is everyone upset about wheat?

Mar 18, 2016, 9:15 PM

gmo wheat gluten causes a lot of health problems. We eat way too much wheat. Limit corn too.

Wife and I had a lot of health issues and got tested for wheat and corn sensitivity.

We stopped eating it and the health issues went away.

We eat gluten free for breads and cereals made with brown rice.

We try to eat organic especially things we eat every day. Eggs, coffee, green tea, chicken,etc.

Refined processed white sugar too. We use only organic raw cane sugar.

Use stevia and agave instead of sugar. Also use real organic maple syrup and local honey.

We also limit cow milk. use mostly rice,almond,coconut milk. I still use a little organic half n half in my coffee.

Fix the arthritis, skin problems, allergies.

Eat more veggies and fruits. More balanced diet. Less breads and sweets.

Just my two cents.

Message was edited by: Sportsfan®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would you say your diet changes have influenced your weight?

Mar 18, 2016, 9:28 PM

Have the changes significantly influenced your caloric intake?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How would you say your diet changes have influenced your weight?

Mar 18, 2016, 9:44 PM

Calories are an outdated system. And sports fan is totally right for once.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How would you say your diet changes have influenced your weight?

Mar 18, 2016, 9:50 PM [ in reply to How would you say your diet changes have influenced your weight? ]

Good calories make you feel better which causes more activity = weight loss.

Lost 30 pounds. I do eat more protein per meal. Not more than 3 or 4 oz. Eat sweet potato instead of white potatoes.

Can eat a lot of veggies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Mar 18, 2016, 9:57 PM

Glad to hear it's working out so well for you. I know it can be difficult to follow such a diet in today's mainstream food world.

GMO corn is what's the most dangerous imo

Mar 18, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone upset about wheat? ]

I try and stay away from all high frustose corn syrup (HFCS) products. The problem is, corn, or any byproduct of corn, is in almost anything that is packaged. It's not good for you in any way...

It's a shame congress passed the bill stating companies do not have to label products that contain GMO's

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

There is no such thing as almond, rice & coconut milk.

Mar 18, 2016, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone upset about wheat? ]

It should be illegal to call it milk. Milk is the lactated secretion of a mammal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no such thing as almond, rice & coconut milk.***

Mar 19, 2016, 8:58 AM

Sorry....

Mar 19, 2016, 9:54 AM [ in reply to There is no such thing as almond, rice & coconut milk. ]

a : a fluid secreted by the mammary glands of females for the nourishment of their young; especially : cow's milk used as a food by humans
b : lactation
: a liquid resembling milk in appearance: as
a : the latex of a plant
b : the juice of a coconut composed of liquid endosperm
c : the contents of an unripe kernel of grain

Mar 18, 2016, 9:18 PM

Well, I never got over this....

http://www.lawnix.com/cases/wickard-filburn.html

Because wheat today isn't what it used to be.

Mar 18, 2016, 10:40 PM

In the early 1970s, a researcher by the name of Dr. Norman Borlaug set out to solve world hunger bu genetically modifying wheat to make it more resistant to high winds and storms. His creation, known as dwarf wheat, was much shorter than wheat naturally was. The result was a much better crop yield. Sounds great, right?

The problem is that in the process of modifying wheat from its natural state, about 15 new strains of gluten were created. I do not believe we are designed to digest these new forms of gluten. Because you can't find real wheat anymore, you're getting these unnatural glutens anytime you eat wheat or wheat products.

It doesn't just result in digestive issues either. People can get headaches, fatigue, weight issues, and other problems as a result. It's a big problem.

The sad thing is, a lot of our food is genetically altered. Corn is another one. Scary stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not disagreeing with your points, but why should we assume

Mar 19, 2016, 12:02 AM

genetically modified automatically means worse for you. Isn't it possible to genetically modify something for the better. I don't think we can just throw the "bad" blanket on all GMO products.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe not, but we should at least label it all as GMO if it is.

Mar 19, 2016, 7:01 AM

Was in a Senate hearing Tues with lobbyist pushing for voluntary labels only.

null

Also, my family is in the same boat as sportsfan.

Mar 19, 2016, 9:19 AM

In addition, we fill up 5 gallon jugs with RO water instead of worrying about how much lead or parts per million of jet fuel the EPA has decided is sfae to be in drinking water.

Also, to clarify, the Senate thing was just a fun trip to DC for daughters 14th bday and we got a pass to go in and listen to proceedings.

null

I feel we should avoid GMOs because we don't know the long term health risks.

Mar 19, 2016, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Not disagreeing with your points, but why should we assume ]

Wheat is much more of a problem than it used to be, for the reasons I mentioned. Most all non-organic corn is GMO. One type, BT corn, is genetically modified to produce a pesticide. Researchers are now finding this pesticide-producing bacteria in the intestines of humans. That's scary stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I feel we should avoid GMOs because we don't know the long term health risks.

Mar 19, 2016, 11:12 AM

You certainly have the right to avoid them. It will be difficult. If a chicken eats GMO feeds do you avoid the chicken?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well being someone who suffers from Celiac Disease

Mar 18, 2016, 9:42 PM

Wheat greatly upsets my digestive system thanks to gluten :(

Re: Well being someone who suffers from Celiac Disease

Mar 19, 2016, 8:35 AM

You can go on your life changing way of eating if you want too. I do not care. I do not want to hear about it. Me I just made grits, bacon, eggs, coffee. Finished it with a good glass of Bourbon and a cigar. I will be happy all day...I may even go have a big bowl of weedies

Mar 18, 2016, 11:20 PM

The only way to truly eat healthy is to drink nothing but water from Lake Titicaca and graze on some grass eating the occasional undigested berries in rabbit droppings. Back to nature guys...

So No Twinkies?***

Mar 19, 2016, 9:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lake Titicaca is completely loaded with salt.

Mar 19, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone upset about wheat? ]

The people their that really on it for drinking water are bloated from it and usually on live into their 40s.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic