Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is everyone concerned with O LINE?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,373

Why is everyone concerned with O LINE?

Jul 1, 2015, 7:01 PM

The recruiting seems to be targeting O Linemen.. What about our ever thin DT positions? We need DT and DEs.. Otherwise we are going to be in the hurt locker next season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Why is everyone concerned with O LINE?

Jul 1, 2015, 7:17 PM

Probably has something to do with the sub-par O-lines over the last 10 years or so. That and this is Tigernet. That is what people do here other than look for posts to thumbs down.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only position I'm concerned about right now is TE.

Jul 1, 2015, 7:33 PM

Until one of them proves they can block we're going to watch stunts take the ball around them or over their heads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2015, 8:13 PM

We only have two senior DT on the roster and lots of young talent, we will be returning 4 of our top 5 DT next year.

DE we will be returning both starters and all of our backups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2015, 8:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM

Jul 1, 2015, 8:59 PM

Currently we have 4 DT on the roster... Two are scheduled to graduate... Them being DJ Reader and Scott Pagano.. So if we don't recruit DT then who will back up the two next year? What if there are injuries this season. I don't like how thin we are at DT. It was our DT who put pressure up the middle and allowed our DE to come off the edge. We look good at LB and DB to include corners and saftey positions. The DT is what concerns me most. We are almost 3 deep now at O-LINE positions and yet we are still offering QBs and O Line positions. WE NEED A STRONG DEFENSE TO COMPLETE WATSON'S OFFENSIVE MACHINE.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jul 1, 2015, 10:13 PM

You've been misinformed somewhere down the line. We have one SR. DT on roster this year which is D.J. Reader. We have 2 JR. DT in Pagano and Watkins. As far as underclassmen, we have Robinson, Wilkins, Cervenka, and Johnson. Huggins could, and probably will play DT as well. If my math is correct, we have 7-8 on roster. Those are pretty good numbers.

NEVERMIND I WAS LOOKING AT AN OLD ROSTER, SORRY***

Jul 1, 2015, 9:01 PM

~Chesty Puller

Jul 1, 2015, 10:13 PM

Got to have something to worry about.

When are we never concerned about our O line is the ?...

Jul 1, 2015, 10:59 PM

I would've felt great with Battle...but I still feel good. We can't afford too many injuries though...

Jul 1, 2015, 11:47 PM

We need more WR's and Get Back Coaches!!! More orange Gatorade!!!!

Jul 2, 2015, 2:39 AM

Haha.... Orange Gatorade might do the trick, but in response to the original question, and to state the obvious, the o-line is the heart and soul of the offense - any offense. We may have great talent in each position, but also a significant lack of (or shall we say less than optimal), experience. Also, you can't teach, develop, or coach experience. That's why people are concerned with our o-line.

Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM

Who you calling soft? Id like to see a furriner come try and breed my woman.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,373
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic