Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Clemson in such a pickle about bowl tickets?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why is Clemson in such a pickle about bowl tickets?

Dec 26, 2012, 2:50 PM

My humble answer:

Clemson needs to change its ticket distribution system for bowls. First of all Clemson seems to get high numbers of crappy tickets to offer its fans. It is easier to find good seats and reasonably priced tickets and know where one is going to sit from other providers than from the CUAD.

Why doesn't the CUAD team up with one of those providers to make sure fans are taken care of? The ticket office offers no huge incentive for fans to order (lots of loyalty points would help)and discourages fans because of the donor hierarchy system where big-time donors can pick up tons of good tickets in the lower deck before others even have a chance for just 2.

Our new AD needs to take a look at the system and make some changes to make it easier to order tickets from Clemson and make sure all the fans who want to go to the game get to stand proudly behind the Tigers! JMHO.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you going to the bowl game?***

Dec 26, 2012, 3:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Dec 26, 2012, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great. me too!

Dec 26, 2012, 4:01 PM

i do not know of many who are, tho

Re: Why is Clemson in such a pickle about bowl tickets?

Dec 26, 2012, 3:06 PM

Did Clemson even get any good tickets? The seats that I saw were in the end zone or nose bleed. The problem is that Clemson did not get good seats and they are charging too much. $80-$90 per ticket through Clemson, or you can go to Stub Hub for $18-$23 per ticket right now.

I believe what'll eventally happen

Dec 26, 2012, 3:36 PM

(and what probably should happen once the BCS "playoffs" get started in earnest) is that each conference will go in to every remaining "NON-BCS" bowl game, buy the full ticket allotment, adjust ticket prices and availablility and make the entire "bowl season" for a conference a "break-even" affair.

In other words, since the conference set up the alliances and the tv deals. They should be responsible for making sure the individual universities don't have to lose a bunch of money on deals they didn't make.

By controlling all access to merchandise, broadcast and tix rights, the conferences can come closer to do so---maybe. Anyhow, a lot of conferences are facing the fiscal truths during every bowl season

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good points. I hope it can be fixed!***

Dec 26, 2012, 3:38 PM

Easy answer...greed***

Dec 26, 2012, 3:39 PM

Face Value is not realistic

Dec 26, 2012, 3:44 PM

Like someone else said tickets that are better can be found cheaper elsewhere. The bowls are asking the school to sell a garbage ticket for more than it's value. Could be the time has past for schools to act as a ticket distributor for the Bowl games. Not if they can't come off some better tickets.

Re: Face Value is not realistic

Dec 26, 2012, 4:20 PM

I hated to not go through Clemson but i got 4 great seats on stub hub for $50 a piece. either that or sit in the endzone.

Loyalty can only goes so far...

Dec 26, 2012, 4:55 PM

It's ridiculous for schools to have to go to their boosters and beg them to buy crap tickets at inflated prices.

I feel sorry for the predicament that Athletic Departments are put in.

go (sp)***

Dec 26, 2012, 4:56 PM

weak fan base

Dec 26, 2012, 5:10 PM

One of the shortest distances to travel of any team for a bowl game against one of the most storied programs in all of college football. Should be easy to sell out.

You make dumb comments like this, yet start crying when

Dec 26, 2012, 5:18 PM

others cite your readily apparent lack of education.

Most folks are buying tickets from cheaper sources than IPTAY. Clemson fans will be there.

To suggest Clemson has a "weak fan base" is one of the dumbest things you've said in a slew of dumb things. The more you type the more your gibberish reads like a cocklover.

I haven't cried about anything.

Dec 26, 2012, 6:08 PM

If this game was in New Orleans, LSU fans wouldn't be able to find tickets because there would be such a high demand. All of the school allotment along with all of the stubhub tickets would be gone.

Clemson's fanbase may not be weak compared to NC State's, but it is weak compared to LSU's.

Re: Why is Clemson in such a pickle about bowl tickets?

Dec 26, 2012, 8:35 PM

We quit buying bowl tix from Clemson several years ago because we got fed up with getting horrible seats. Once, we were behind a huge column. Most of the time, we were in the rafters. And we have been IPTAY members since 1978

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic