Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why hasn't Dabo made a public service announcement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Why hasn't Dabo made a public service announcement

Mar 21, 2020, 8:37 PM

educating and encouraging everyone to take all precautions to starve this virus as hard as we can - together. The more aggressively that we squash this thing now, the better the chance that we will have football in the fall.

Dabo needs to recognize his position of leadership in this community and use his influence to help promote our state's efforts to do everything possible to end this ASAP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious, Clark?***

Mar 21, 2020, 8:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

JK thumbs up for the Christmas Vacation reference!

Mar 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

We need that right now. My favorite Christmas movie but then I'm a sucker for both comedies and Christmas, and Christmas movies. Thanks for the smile!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No win situation. If he says something, somebody will pick

Mar 21, 2020, 8:57 PM

it apart. You know how the media loves to twist things. If he says nothing , some complain. I’m thankful he is our football coach and knows his lane

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No win situation. If he says something, somebody will pick

Mar 21, 2020, 9:32 PM

Ed Orgeron has helped his state out in just such a way and he is getting kudos for it.

Can Dabo (or anyone) consider themselevs a leader if they avoid any type of criticism ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/opinion-college-football-coaches-should-deliver-blunt-coronavirus-message-practice-social-distancing-or-season-is-in-trouble/ar-BB11w0XX?li=BBnb7Kz

LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC.

Mar 21, 2020, 11:03 PM

The sports media in La worships the ground Ed walks on.

Most of the sports media in SC is looking for anything to take a shot at Dabo.

It doesn’t make Dabo any more or less of a leader to not say anything. He’s not involved in medicine or politics. Maybe you can put together a press conference for Muschamp so the State rag and the P&C can gush all over Will’s leadership.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC.

Mar 22, 2020, 8:13 AM

Leaders step up and do what they can in an emergency. They don't hide on the sidelines.
Dabo should step up and do what he can - be a leader on and off the field.

Mar 22, 2020, 8:23 AM

He is probably busy leading his team and family.

Mar 22, 2020, 8:58 AM

The players have gone home.

WE are his team too.

Mar 22, 2020, 9:00 AM

I don't see what he would tell us that we don't already know. There is nothing really for him to say.

Re:The players have gone home. WE are his team too.

Mar 22, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC. ]

Dabo's initial message was that his staff is making sure all our players are safe and able to keep up with their studies outside the classroom. Most of us know what it's like keeping tabs on whether a couple of kids are getting their homework done. The football staff has over a hundred, and we don't want any of them academically ineligible when play resumes.

Mar 24, 2020, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC. ]

No. We are NOT his team too. He has a full time job, and no part of it involves you or what you think.

Mr. Tobiass, you are > 1 post over the line.

Mar 24, 2020, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC. ]

That reminds me....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNKL9onYB_8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this good enough for you coot?

Mar 25, 2020, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC. ]

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Swinneys-message-to-fans-during-crisis-We-can-kick-this-thing-in-the-tail-18690

Mar 22, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC. ]

Leaders step up and do what they can in an emergency. They don't hide on the sidelines.
Dabo should step up and do what he can - be a leader on and off the field.

He made a commitment to all of his player’s parents to keep their kids safe. He has a huge responsibility to watch after them as well as the other coaches. I’m sure even though Dabo hasn’t publicly announced anything, he has probably done way more at this point for the community than you will ever have
done . Go find something else to biatch about.

Mar 24, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU owns the media in La. Coots own the media in SC. ]

Do you really need to hear from Dabo in order to know what you should or should not do?

Because he's in his bunker

Mar 21, 2020, 9:29 PM

in New Zealand.

Re: Because he's in his bunker

Mar 22, 2020, 12:37 AM

Probably went to Italy because their health care system is rated higher by the UN and stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am on board from hearing from Coach Dabo

Mar 22, 2020, 2:53 AM

Only because I miss football updates. Plus, he always has words of wisdom. He is a man who inspires me to do better even when just discussing football.

Not saying he should discuss COVID-19, but hearing from him is always something that makes me feel a little better.

Because Coot fans won't listen to Dabo and unfortunately

Mar 22, 2020, 6:40 AM

the vast majority of the uneducated mouth breathers in the State that don't already know to wash their hands, cover their cough and sneeze, and to stop picking their nose are of the chicken variety...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Mar 22, 2020, 6:47 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Where's Dabo ??

Mar 22, 2020, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Because Coot fans won't listen to Dabo and unfortunately ]

Be a leader - on and off the field !

Re: Because Coot fans won't listen to Dabo and unfortunately

Mar 22, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Because Coot fans won't listen to Dabo and unfortunately ]

We always crow about how our recruiting is nationwide - so is Dabo's influence. Now will he use it for good ??

Mar 22, 2020, 5:03 PM

Had about enough toby-coot.You could better spend your time spreading chicken manure at willie brice. When you finish you can head on home and make a big ole psa to your little pullet and coot biddies. That is all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Because Coot fans won't listen to Dabo and unfortunately ]

We always crow about how our recruiting is nationwide - so is Dabo's influence. Now will he use it for good ??

"Crow" being the operative word.

Re: Why hasn't Dabo made a public service announcement

Mar 22, 2020, 8:23 AM

What a freaking idiotic post!!

It's not anywhere near that bad. Take it down a notch and re

Mar 24, 2020, 9:21 AM

lax. It's just a question.

Mar 22, 2020, 9:01 AM

Do you listen to yourself before you hit the submit post button?

Mar 22, 2020, 9:29 AM

Dabo is an ordinary citizen just like all of us ( a great coach though ) STUPID question

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 12:32 PM

Coach Swinney has a great deal of influence and he is influential. He couldn’t tell us anything that we aren’t hearing from others who do have an expertise by education or the information that they are receiving because of position. If we have to really stay home, he and Coach Muschamp can share how their families are doing. I don’t see a lot of criticism of Coach Swinney - think he is held in really high esteem by all.

Mar 22, 2020, 5:48 PM

Hmmmm . . . Because nobody (like the governor) has asked him???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the governor speaks for SC, Clements for Clemson***

Mar 24, 2020, 8:52 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

So that's on Dabo now? As if he hasn't done enough, now

Mar 24, 2020, 9:14 AM

he's supposed to jump in there and encourage us all through this area that is quite frankly out of his jurisdiction. Dabo isn't a politician. This is their show. This is their time to shine and he probably realizes no matter what he says, as several pointed out already, it will be picked apart by conservatives and democrats as well as those who don't share his faith in the Lord I'm certain he would reference his strong faith. As a Christian I would hope so and if he didn't I would be disappointed so there is an obvious example. LOL.

He might be waiting for the right time and/or opportunity. I don't question his PR tactics as he is doing quite well without my help lol.

For the same reason I wouldn't give a crap

Mar 24, 2020, 9:24 AM

about anything an NFL coach, Goddell, or any other sports person would say about it

For the same reason I don't care what Lebron James thinks about human rights in Hong Kong

Dabo's is a great leader because he recognizes other people's ability and skill and lets them perform to their fullest. I suspect he's leaving a nationwide PSA about a virus to those whose jobs are concerned with knowing all about them

Clemson

Not Dabo's job to inform us.

Mar 24, 2020, 3:58 PM

Nothing wrong with you asking the question. But your subsequent posts proved once and for all you are a loudmouthed Gamecock fan.
Peace out rival. Stay safe.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:55 PM

You need to take a deep breath and relax. Dabo is a lot but a medical expert he is not. We have a country full of them already and don't need anymore. As has been said, whatever he would say would be wrong. What Dabo probably would love to say is let's get back to work.

I tend to agree with this guy

Mar 24, 2020, 8:09 PM

https://youtu.be/TpUbwaXH-IU

Louisiana is dumb. They need all the help they can get. Plus NOLA is a filthy cesspool

Mar 24, 2020, 9:51 PM

I want to hear Dabos thoughts on this about as much as I want to hear Dr Faucis on Clemson football. People need to stay in their lane.

Mar 25, 2020, 4:18 AM

Dabo probably social distancing at his Island home!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic