Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brock Huard said today about Clemson's Offense on Cowherd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Brock Huard said today about Clemson's Offense on Cowherd

Oct 28, 2020, 4:52 PM

concerning the difficulty of a wide receiver picking up the offense after being traded to the Packers

"...you're not going to Clemson where you just run four plays and two formations and you're up tempo..."

While an exaggeration, is that a valid criticism of the Clemson offense?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He starts off correctly by comparing Clemson to a professional team and then

Oct 28, 2020, 4:58 PM

Fizzles out a bit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't seem to be a problem...

Oct 28, 2020, 4:59 PM

for Nuk, Tee, Sammy, Mike Williams, Renfrow, Cain and Humphries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Why even bother with Brock Huard’s comments?

Oct 28, 2020, 5:25 PM

As a Huskie, he was 8-1 as a starter after earning the spot . . .
Then 7-5 the next year as their starter . . . Lost their bowl game
Then 6-6 his final year at Washington . . . Again, lost their bowl game

Looks like he never was able to be the leader they needed . . .

Then as a Pro, he was 60-109 with 4 TDs and 2 INT . . .

And we are worried about his opinion?????? Not this old fat boy . . . not even for a second.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch. With a hammer.***

Oct 28, 2020, 6:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Why even bother with Brock Huard’s comments?

Oct 28, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Why even bother with Brock Huard’s comments? ]

Nice call. Huard has had a downer view of Clemson for a long time now. That seems odd considering we have the best record in the sport over the last 6 years. And no one has more hardware. Our receivers do well in the NFL. So his takes are odd.

What's worse is that he always comes across as a cocky guy which is strange considering his level of accomplishment. Sort of a too cool west coast guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respectfully disagree

Oct 29, 2020, 12:16 PM

Brock was the analyst for the 2018 Georgia Tech game, and he could not have been more complimentary of Lawrence and the team in general. I find him to be as articulate and knowledgeable as any of those guys, and he's got a sneaky dry sense of humor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a lot of offenses

Oct 28, 2020, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Why even bother with Brock Huard’s comments? ]

Were as difficult to learn as the Packers for him

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hear, Here! TV hires some of these exathletes, and just

Oct 29, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Why even bother with Brock Huard’s comments? ]

because they are exathletes, they are supposed to be all knowing? Huard is a PERFECT example that nothing could be further from the truth. Jesse "The Rose" Palmer is another one. And don't even get me started on Gary (Head firmly impaled in Saban's Butt Crack) Danielson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brock Huard said today about Clemson's Offense on Cowherd

Oct 28, 2020, 5:54 PM

Although he is exaggerating, his argument is true. Clemson’s WRs run a very simple route tree. Their biggest hurdle went they get to the NFL is learning new routes. But, once they get them down, they are really good. It’s just they didn’t have to use a big route tree at Clemson.

Oct 28, 2020, 9:06 PM

I'm just not sold on that but okay. Our head coach was Wr and our OC for years was a WR. Not sure that our route tree is that simple. I guess we may not have as many bunched up formations and we dont have as many routes across the middle as teams in the NFL. I do believe we had more complex routes with William's, Cain, and Renfrow on the field than we do now.

Oct 29, 2020, 8:48 AM

He actually has a good point. I remember Deon Cain said in an interview that Clemson route tree wasn't difficult or something to that point... Let me see if i can find it...

https://www.tigernet.com/story/TigerNet-Exclusive-with-Deon-Cain-I-just-want-to-get-on-a-team-16744

If you don't want to Click it stated "I was limited at Clemson because of the route tree we have because we don't have that many routs,, but I wanted to show them I could be good in my routes as an inside or outside receiver. I wanted to prove that at the combine and today."

What are some examples of schools that run more complicated

Oct 29, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Brock Huard said today about Clemson's Offense on Cowherd ]

route trees?

null

Oct 28, 2020, 6:03 PM

I thought he was being groomed as th Herbstreit in waiting. What happened? Never see him around anymor

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who cares?***

Oct 28, 2020, 6:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 28, 2020, 6:35 PM

Who is she?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor man’s Kirk Herbstreit...

Oct 28, 2020, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

snort

Oct 28, 2020, 7:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

If clemson does things so simple................

Oct 29, 2020, 8:27 AM

1. why can't teams stop it?
2. why don't more teams do the same thing because we are very successful?

I think there is more to it than Huard makes it out to be. It's like when SOS used to talk about his offense being slants and post corners. You can oversimplify things but there is alot of technique and knowledge involved in both offenses.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic