Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why don't we stop talking and BB and his future. Let's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why don't we stop talking and BB and his future. Let's

Mar 17, 2017, 7:52 AM

Leave it up to DRad. He has a better perspective on the situation than we do. If BB is retained show the other schools what Being part of The Clemson Family is all about. Give BB and the basketball team all of our support. Stop beating the guy up. IMO being the HC for men's basketball is one of the hardest jobs at Clemson.

To be honest I am getting tired of reading the same stuff everyday when it comes to Brad B. And Clemson Basketball.

It is what it is for now. True Tiger fans will get behind DRad or whoever is the HC as well as the players and give them our support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll support the team next year just as I did

Mar 17, 2017, 8:04 AM

this year no matter who the coach is. But to ignore a problem isn't the answer. Fans are frustrated. It isn't our call, but people are going to vent frustration. To expect different is just unrealistic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll support the team next year just as I did

Mar 17, 2017, 8:07 AM

Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results but the results are the same.

well since you brought up the topic of BB

Mar 17, 2017, 8:05 AM

oh the irony

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey guys let's not talk about ______ but I'm going to post

Mar 17, 2017, 8:14 AM

about ________ ok so no more post about _______ does everyone understand so we're crystal clear.....no more post about ________ let's just support _______ but no post post about ______

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a better perspective ?!?!?!

Mar 17, 2017, 8:42 AM

Are you nuts !?!?!? This is the same buffoon who gave Brownell a six year contract extension (after a run in the NIT) and a grossly over-inflated buyout (the buyout is $3.5 million now, but it was originally $5 million) when no other basketball program in the entire country was even remotely interested in hiring him. Radakovich was under no pressure to make such a long-term commitment, and now Clemson may be married to and pregnant by DRad's impetuous and imprudent decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I can't imagine anyone would have come and paid

Mar 17, 2017, 8:47 AM

us a $1 million dollar buyout to hire the guy much less more so why offer anything like that

It was an unbelievably stupid decision...

Mar 17, 2017, 8:51 AM

particularly considering he was under absolutely no pressure to do so.

I can actually understand TDP's contract of Bowden

Mar 17, 2017, 8:54 AM

at the time....in highsight it was stupid but Arkansas was interested and he did what he thought was right at the time. This one.....absolutely no one was interested in hiring him away from us.

President Barker forced TDP's hand....

Mar 17, 2017, 8:57 AM

Bowden was never leaving for Arkansas and TDP knew it, so he was prepared to call Bowden's bluff and let him walk. I'm betting President Barker isn't a very good poker player.

That's exactly right.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:00 AM

I also believe that the deal with Arky was a sham all the way, orchestrated to get a retirement fund for a coach who knew he would never turn the corner. Bowden recruited some excellent talent and never got the potential out of enough of them to turn the corner. He played on our fear of change when change was exactly what was needed. We all remember what happened in the opener against bama in the 2008 opener.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't we stop talking and BB and his future. Let's

Mar 17, 2017, 8:46 AM

WUEagle,
While I agree with you to a point, I believe we each have the opportunity to express opinions on this board. I too finished Winthrop (MA, 1977) and quite frankly would love for DRad to hire Pat Kelsey! Brad Brownell has dealt with a number of issues thru his tenure, but he "lost" his team this year when he seemed to have his best overall talent.

A coach cannot constantly blame the players for failure. While they are lacking chemistry I must say Brownell did a poor job of coaching, especially in close games within the conference. Either he cleans house with a better staff and a totally different attitude or he should be gone. After watching and at times supporting Tiger BB since 1972 I look many fans am ready for a consistent program which aspires for the top half of the ACC and an NCAA berth every year. Unless Brownell changes his methods we won't get there.

Go Tigers!

I wonder how much clearing house would actually help

Mar 17, 2017, 8:50 AM

in football after the South Florida debacle in Charlotte and after the beatdown we took at the Orange Bowl Dabo made adjustments and obviously they paid off. A basketball coach with little job security who's just had his staff run off by the AD isn't going to be able to assemble a quality replacement staff.

Mar 17, 2017, 8:49 AM

We probably will be having this
same conversation this time next year.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:17 AM

I think Drad keeps Brownell. He will own the mess that Brownell leaves of a program.

this is great....so a post that tells us not to talk about

Mar 17, 2017, 8:52 AM

_______ actually results in us talking about it more....maybe it's a jedi mind trick

Mar 17, 2017, 8:54 AM

just do exactly what I was preaching not to do on the Football Board?

Mar 17, 2017, 9:07 AM

WUEagle,
While I agree with you to a point, I believe we each have the opportunity to express opinions on this board. I too finished Winthrop (MA, 1977) and quite frankly would love for DRad to hire Pat Kelsey! Brad Brownell has dealt with a number of issues thru his tenure, but he "lost" his team this year when he seemed to have his best overall talent.

A coach cannot constantly blame the players for failure. While they are lacking chemistry I must say Brownell did a poor job of coaching, especially in close games within the conference. Either he cleans house with a better staff and a totally different attitude or he should be gone. After watching and at times supporting Tiger BB since 1972 I like many fans am ready for a consistent program which aspires for the top half of the ACC and an NCAA berth every year. Unless Brownell changes his methods we won't get there.

Go Tigers!

just between you and me....

Mar 17, 2017, 9:09 AM

not telling anyone else...you posted exactly the same thing 20 minutes ago

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21259579

Re: just between you and me....

Mar 17, 2017, 9:12 AM

I know. I made corrections from the first post! That is what happens when your typing and brain are not on the same page so to speak.

Mar 17, 2017, 9:11 AM

If he waits too late, Drad will have no choice but to keep Brownell. With all the current openings, im sure those ads aren't wasting any time finding a coach. As pointed out earlier, he gave Brownell the ridiculous buyout when nobody wanted him. Who besides a few fans wants him now? A half hearted extension will fool nobody. Does Drad believe that Brownell will turn the corner and make this program a top 8 ACC program? If so keep him but accept the consequences if Brownell fails to do so. Make your choice quick Drad because the good coaches will be gone should you choose to make a change. We have a football program that is a playoff contender. The same for baseball! We can just spend our money on those sports and ignore basketball.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:35 AM

You are forgetting one thing . Drads bosses the BOTs will have to approve any new contract extensions for Brownell or a contract for a new head coach. How do they see the basketball program? In 2010 they intervened and made football a priority. Will they do the same for basketball?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic