Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still on the table:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Still on the table:

Oct 31, 2013, 11:56 AM

12-1 with a Sugar Bowl win (and chicken kickin) would be 2nd best season in the modern era of Clemson football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats right, son. Go Tigers. Beat the &$^%$# out of UVA***

Oct 31, 2013, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Mathematically, ACC title is still on the table ...

Oct 31, 2013, 12:07 PM

The problem is that its just hanging over the edge, with a giant scoop of mashed potatoes, an extra helping of gravy, and a 7.4 Earthquake starting to tremor

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at this point I'd rather FSU just win out anyway.......

Oct 31, 2013, 12:29 PM

after our 51-14 beat down from them........any FSU loss makes us look REALLY bad

I think i am with you on this***

Oct 31, 2013, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Maybe so but if FSU does somehow magically lose twice

Oct 31, 2013, 3:11 PM [ in reply to at this point I'd rather FSU just win out anyway....... ]

and we get back into the ACC Championship Game, that would be awesome.

GO TIGERS

The ONLY thing still on the table anyone cares about.......

Oct 31, 2013, 12:09 PM

DESTROYING THE COOTS AT THEIR HOUSE!!!!! 63-17 style!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.***

Oct 31, 2013, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No you wouldn't

Oct 31, 2013, 12:16 PM

Losing to them and we can forget the sugar muchless winning it....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating $CU is NOT the only thing that is still on the table

Oct 31, 2013, 12:21 PM

that anyone cares about.

Granted, that is necessary to achieve the other goals but at this point those other goals (i.e., getting an at-large spot in the BCS and finishing the season 12 - 1 with a top five national ranking) are all still on the table

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beating $CU is NOT the only thing that is still on the table

Oct 31, 2013, 1:27 PM

"getting an at-large spot in the BCS and finishing the season 12 - 1 with a top five national ranking"

Are all dependent upon us beating the coots....Beatin them is all that matter at this point. If we don't, we're 10-2 again (at most) and on our way to another crappy bowl. Season will be a failure IMO...a failure in 2010 standards? no.....but we're past that...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't we play the coots the first game of the year and

Oct 31, 2013, 2:41 PM

then fans that believe it is the only game could move on to other endeavors, like golf or fishing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't we play the coots the first game of the year and

Oct 31, 2013, 2:42 PM

Yeah because that's exactly what we are saying.....good grief go play in traffic dude....

well depending on your viewpoint........

Oct 31, 2013, 12:26 PM [ in reply to The ONLY thing still on the table anyone cares about....... ]

the most important thing on the table is SUGAR BOWL (or BCS bowl)........only b/c in order to achieve that we HAVE TO beat South Carolina (which regardless is the most important game)

if we were in a position to get to a BCS bowl w/o beating South Carolina NOBODY would want it anyway......or I wouldn't anyway

So you would trade a conference championship....

Oct 31, 2013, 1:11 PM

and the BCS Bowl that comes with it for a win aganst South Carolina?

Re: So you would trade a conference championship....

Oct 31, 2013, 1:27 PM

after 4-0? Where do I sign up?

Re: So you would trade a conference championship....

Oct 31, 2013, 2:00 PM [ in reply to So you would trade a conference championship.... ]

Some on here would, or at least they act like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU never has been and never will be that important IMO

Oct 31, 2013, 2:14 PM

I want to beat them as bad as anybody but I wouldn't trade a conference championship and an BCS Bowl invitation for it.

Re: $CU never has been and never will be that important IMO

Oct 31, 2013, 2:16 PM

you must not live, work or socialize around dirtpeckers...

I try to avoid it as much as possible....

Oct 31, 2013, 2:27 PM

simply because of how deluded and ignorant they are.

I also work in engineering/construction and the vast majority of $CU fans lack the education or the intellect to function let alone survive in this field which is a good thing.

Re: I try to avoid it as much as possible....

Oct 31, 2013, 2:34 PM

Well for those of us who live amonth these fools (especially in the infested Pee Dee area) and who have no choice but to sit down with them at the dinner table every now and then, we feel a little different about it.

Don't let them over-estimate their significance.***

Oct 31, 2013, 2:38 PM

Re: Don't let them over-estimate their significance.***

Oct 31, 2013, 2:43 PM

we let that happen after 4-0

I realize to them history only started four years ago.

Oct 31, 2013, 3:09 PM

and anything prior to that the totally, completely and entirely irrelevant.

Re: I realize to them history only started four years ago.

Oct 31, 2013, 3:12 PM

That maybe so, but it doesn't lessen the fact that we've lost to them in the most recent present....

We're also all they've usually got to play for...

Oct 31, 2013, 3:18 PM

That isn't the case for Clemson.

Re: We're also all they've usually got to play for...

Oct 31, 2013, 3:31 PM

Not recently....

It seems that....

Oct 31, 2013, 4:27 PM

you've already made-up your mind the $CU game is the single most important game on the schedule each year and that's OK. In fact, there are a lot of Clemson fans who would agree with you wholeheartedly. I just don't happend to be one of them.

Re: It seems that....

Oct 31, 2013, 4:37 PM

That absolutely, unequivocally not what I said.

I said it is the most important goal that we have left.

Depending upon your point of view...

Oct 31, 2013, 4:52 PM

some will tell you the most important goal is either the Sugar Bowl or the Orange Bowl.

Of course, in order to achieve either of those, we MUST beat South Carolina which makes it the most important game after we beat Virginia and Georgia Tech.

Exactly***

Oct 31, 2013, 4:55 PM

How do you not see the most important goal is the Sugar Bowl

Oct 31, 2013, 6:46 PM

Beating South Carolina is a smaller goal to accomplish the most important goal?

In terms of importance of goals:
  1. Win Sugar Bowl
  2. Get to Sugar Bowl
  3. Beat South Carolina
  4. Beat Georgia Tech
  5. Beat Virginia
  6. Beat The Citadel

You cannot say #3 is the most important when 1 & 2 are clearly more important and hinge upon the previous goals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: How do you not see the most important goal is the Sugar Bowl

Oct 31, 2013, 6:53 PM

If we don't do 4, 5, or 6, 7 won't matter about our biggest prize left at all. One game at a time, and that one is the most important each week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It seems that....

Oct 31, 2013, 6:50 PM [ in reply to It seems that.... ]

Dittos!

Re: We're also all they've usually got to play for...

Oct 31, 2013, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: We're also all they've usually got to play for... ]

Our game means more to them than any other on their schedule. That really is all they are used to playing for, and after Spurrier lost a few, he realized that. I think Dabo now sees it. Very difficult for us to regain our prominance, though due to the secheat $$$, and Spurlid was even able to lower even their standards a little more to get better players. We won't do that. The deck is tilted a bit now.

Re: I try to avoid it as much as possible....

Oct 31, 2013, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I try to avoid it as much as possible.... ]

I feel for you guys, but ugay is just as bad. They are a deluded and lower class fan base, as well, for the most part.

That, and the ones that DO, are actually good Gamecock fans***

Oct 31, 2013, 6:43 PM [ in reply to I try to avoid it as much as possible.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Oct 31, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: $CU never has been and never will be that important IMO ]

I don't, but I wouldn't trade away my judgement and values on what ultimately is best for our program and our image just because of them. They are a very tiny fish in a huge ocean, and outside the state of SC they mean nothing to anybody. This year is a little different, though, because we don't get to the BCS, IMO, without beating them, and it helps our local recruiting. Those are the only things that give them any relevance.

Oct 31, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to $CU never has been and never will be that important IMO ]

Spot on!

Not only would I trade a conference championship....

Oct 31, 2013, 4:54 PM [ in reply to So you would trade a conference championship.... ]

I don't want to win another one without beating them that same year. I don't want to be #1 in the ACC and #2 in the State. EVERYTHING is secondary to beating SC for MANY of us. EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Not only would I trade a conference championship....

Oct 31, 2013, 4:55 PM

Ok, I wouldn't go that far....You don't want to win anothe rgame until we beat them? do what?

Re: Not only would I trade a conference championship....

Oct 31, 2013, 7:02 PM

That was not the smartest reply he made.

Crazynuts!***

Oct 31, 2013, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Not only would I trade a conference championship.... ]

Now THIS is the definition of coot football and coot

Oct 31, 2013, 2:37 PM [ in reply to The ONLY thing still on the table anyone cares about....... ]

goal setting.

Things still on the table

Oct 31, 2013, 3:15 PM [ in reply to The ONLY thing still on the table anyone cares about....... ]

2nd BCS Bowl bid in 3 years
3rd straight 10+ win season
4th 9+ win season in 5 years
7-1 in the ACC for the second year in a row
2nd straight Top 15 finish
4th Top 25 finish in 5 years
12 wins tying the most in school history
ACC title still TECHNICALLY possible (though extremely unlikely)

and of course South Carolina. Beating them is a huge goal for us but we have a lot of stuff we can still do and it all starts on Saturday.

GO TIGERS

Re: Things still on the table

Oct 31, 2013, 3:32 PM

Most of which hinges on us beating them...You guys keep forgetting that...

Re: Things still on the table

Oct 31, 2013, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Things still on the table ]

Bravo for getting it! TU!

3 consecutive wins to top 10 SEC teams, only loss to the

Oct 31, 2013, 2:03 PM

(my prediction) national championship team, and maybe a 4th cons. win against SEC titan = a very impressive season in ANY rational mind.

Tickeld Orange...I like your thinking. There were so many

Oct 31, 2013, 3:30 PM

on this board in the last couple of weeks who are ready to jump off of the band wagon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im a staunch skeptic and have been holding my breath

Oct 31, 2013, 3:43 PM

since Ford's last stand but I cannot deny that now we are within reach on a continued basis just as we were during our storied decade knows as the glory days. Been within a sustained reach (just as Danny did) for too long for it to be a flash in the pants.

Another for the TNet vocab ... "Flash in the pants". Great!***

Oct 31, 2013, 4:42 PM

Re: Another for the TNet vocab ... "Flash in the pants". Great!***

Oct 31, 2013, 4:52 PM

wow, I didn't catch that one....

Re: 3 consecutive wins to top 10 SEC teams, only loss to the

Dec 29, 2013, 2:00 AM [ in reply to 3 consecutive wins to top 10 SEC teams, only loss to the ]

Yep!

Re: Still on the table:

Oct 31, 2013, 2:40 PM

It's gonna happen...same feeling a 2003, they will be favored and no one expects us to win, a perfect ending to a great season!!!

Re: Still on the table:

Oct 31, 2013, 7:09 PM

I like the way you think! TU

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic