Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope chad Kelly realizes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,509

I hope chad Kelly realizes

Aug 17, 2012, 12:46 AM

If he is in fact the best backup then by all means he should not redshirt. It is very possible he will b needed a lot if tb goes down. However, I really do hope he doesn't get upset if he gets redshirted because in reality, that's the best thing for everyone. If he is as good as the praise he has received then an extra year will just make him better mentally and physically. I hope he knows this will only help him as well.

I'd hate to see him get upset because he is in a hurry to be the man. I'm sure he will be but a A smart player would use this time to just prepare himself for greatness when the opportunity comes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what you call a win win situation

Aug 17, 2012, 12:50 AM

If he doesn't redshirt...you have a guy who can come in and get positive yards on 3rd and short or at the goal line.

If he does. We have him for 4 more years and he's likely our starter in the future...Watson or not.

Re: I hope chad Kelly realizes

Aug 17, 2012, 12:52 AM

If I had to guess, Morris is probably contemplating a package for him because his mobility and ability to take off down the field is off the charts. i think he can tinker with him up until the third game without burning the redshirt.

Urban Meyer did the same thing with Tebow when Chris Leak was ahead of him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why doesnt Clemson just.......

Aug 17, 2012, 1:07 AM

RS him and if Boyd gets hurt burn the rs

That's the smartest thing to do.***

Aug 17, 2012, 1:20 AM

Re: Why doesnt Clemson just.......

Aug 17, 2012, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Why doesnt Clemson just....... ]

Because you need your backup QB getting snaps against teams like Ball State and Furman and when you have the lead late in games.

Aug 17, 2012, 1:43 AM

Someone who gets it. +1

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2012, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Why doesnt Clemson just....... ]

But how much do those snaps even help Kelly? I mean most of the time Dabo puts the second string in and they run the ball to not run up the score so he would just be handing off the ball anyway.

I remember Willy Korn getting those "quality minutes" and it not really helping him at all. He would probably throw the ball less than 10 times anyway so how much does that help him?

I would rather him get that extra year if Boyd doesn't get hurt and plays the whole year. Like already said if Boyd gets injured then we get rid of the redshirt and use him, if not I would rather he keeps the year and plays 3 years once Boyd leaves.

I believe Kelly is going to be a Great qb; however, I really

Aug 17, 2012, 4:37 AM

hope he is ALL IN as a Clemson Tiger and puts the team 1st. If he is he may be disapointed at a RS but not upsest. I am concerned that his "swag" is more Kelly and less Clemson but I sure hope I am wrong because I believe when his time comes he could end up being the best qb we have ever had. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After all that twitter talk anything less than beating out..

Aug 17, 2012, 8:36 AM

Stoudt for the backup job will be a failure.

Aug 17, 2012, 7:03 AM

I'm sure that even uncle Jim has told him that it Would be in his best interest to RS. Best reason would be to know play book from front to back, back to front. I don't think that anyone would argue that he isn't the real deal b/c he is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2012, 8:48 AM

I'm sure Dabo and Chad would love to redshirt him, but they both want the BEST chance at winning each & every game this season. Having said that, this is why they're letting the competitor's desire/performance dictate the pecking order.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could be wrong..

Aug 17, 2012, 8:50 AM

but I still see Stoudt as the number #2 guy.
Seems like a ploy to get everyone competing harder.

The one I'm really looking forward to is DeShaun Watson.

I just hope he doesn't release anymore rap videos....***

Aug 17, 2012, 10:58 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,509
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic