Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship

Oct 20, 2015, 10:27 AM

WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship

Oct 20, 2015, 10:29 AM

How does he know? Don't get me wrong, I like what he said, but, seriously, how does he know what it will take to win it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I was thinking

Oct 20, 2015, 10:30 AM

My opinion this might be equally valid.

Oct 20, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship ]

Well, he does know what doesn't win one, so maybe he just is taking the shortcomings he's seen and deducing that Clemson now has those shortages fixed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship ]

Daddy told him. Then Brother Terry explained how the Bagman works.

Oct 20, 2015, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses keys to winning National Championship ]

I don't doubt that he knows what it takes to win, but he wasn't paying attention to daddy when he was saying you don't settle with players that are easy to get. Plus TB didn't know a thing about being a players coach, and in my opinion, I believe that was his biggest down fall!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 10:32 AM

What the h3ll? I clicked on the link thinking Bobby Bowden was going to give us the secret recipe.

Oct 20, 2015, 10:42 AM

His (BB's) recipe was to recruit the best talent whith no regard for discipline or character or scholastic ability and to hire coaches of the same mind set. It always seemed to have worked for him and now for dumbo, and their fan base and their administration seem tolerant as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy doesn't even know the keys to winning the ACC***

Oct 20, 2015, 10:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He took Merriweather out...enough said***

Oct 20, 2015, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes!! +1 I don't think I've ever been as baffled/mad

Oct 20, 2015, 12:37 PM

at a coaches call than I was on that one. From the amount of fans yelling "Reggie Reggie.....", I don't think we're alone on questioning him on that call. I never pretend I know more than coaches do about the game, but that one never made any sense to me or any of my friends. That was one of the most frustrating days in the valley I've ever been a part of for sure! From the looks of it, Reggie didn't understand it either.....he DID NOT want to come off the field. The only people who wanted him on the sideline was the opposing D.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop trying to make Tommy relevant Tigernet!

Oct 20, 2015, 11:07 AM

Theres a reason he didn't coach anywhere after Clemson, stop trolling us with his worthless opinion!!!!

Why do you all feel the need to bash him?

Oct 20, 2015, 11:59 AM

He's as relevant as any other talking head on TV. Why aren't you bashing Will Merritt too? I don't get the ill will towards CTB. What has he done other than improve the program and leave it in better hands? Oh, and kick the chicken every year?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Im not bashing him

Oct 20, 2015, 12:12 PM

He was mediocre. The majority of Clemson fans dont care about his opinion. Those are just the facts.

Re: Why do you all feel the need to bash him?

Oct 20, 2015, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Why do you all feel the need to bash him? ]

To Althesso ; CTB did some nice things but he is basically the reason we fell behind to the chickens . He was kept on at least 3 yrs . too long .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy Bowden........really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 20, 2015, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where was Bowden wrong on his analysis?

Oct 20, 2015, 11:34 AM

You guys are ridiculous. He is doing his job and his commentary is good. He did a great job at Clemson, just didnt win a title. He recommended Dabo....... Bowden should get a lot of credit than you amatuers give him

Re: Where was Bowden wrong on his analysis?

Oct 20, 2015, 11:38 AM

I've always (have and will) stood up for TB - he did some great things for our program, and undoubtedly we are where we are thanks to some of his work. But - I don't understand how he's in a position to give advice like this. At this point, Dabo could teach him a few pointers. That's all I was personally saying.

Also, damm - Will is looking old. I grew up with him; we're both the same age (36). Maybe it's just me, but.. I don't think I'm quite there yet. Who knows though -maybe I am. Aging is a tough realization.

Oct 20, 2015, 12:26 PM

To Wisertime ; you look just as old , you can't see it , but everyone else does .

Oct 20, 2015, 12:30 PM

Huh.. Well maybe - but I dunno. Most people tell me I still look like I'm 22-23. If I'm shaved, I still get carded when I'm out. I'm from Powdersville, but I've lived in Charleston for the past 12 years now - I swear this place keeps people in shape and looking young.

Oct 20, 2015, 12:32 PM

Ease up, pal , just kidding .

I thought the same thing. Will looks awful.***

Oct 20, 2015, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Where was Bowden wrong on his analysis? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I respect the things Bowden did while he was at Clemson....

Oct 20, 2015, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Where was Bowden wrong on his analysis? ]

While I appreciate thje things he was able to accomplish, I would be lying if I said I wasn't glad when we parted ways with him.

He was a medicore coach (at best) and was never going to get us to the next level. It was time (actually past time) to move in another direction. I apologize if that sounds overly critical. That's not the intent. Those are just the facts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They asked the wrong Bowden

Oct 20, 2015, 11:51 AM

Bobby is the one with rings, Tommy never won anything bigger than a Peach Bowl.

I guess he had to ask daddy- Bobby and Dabo***

Oct 20, 2015, 12:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

How the hell would HE know?

Oct 20, 2015, 2:24 PM

He isn't qualified to discuss the keys to winning the ACC Championship much less the National.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Oct 20, 2015, 5:24 PM

I gotta say, it wasn't the most analytical breakdown of why. Plus will said all we gotta do is beat FSU.
I disagree, Miami and NCST could be tough.

next up Putin: Keys to winning the Nobel Peace Prize***

Oct 20, 2015, 5:45 PM

Oct 20, 2015, 7:23 PM

Sorta like a prostitute pontificating on the value of virginity.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic