Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do some Clemson fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Why do some Clemson fans...

Nov 5, 2019, 9:11 AM

... hate on Chad Morris so much? I know he has not had a lot of success as a Head Coach but he was a good Coordinator at Clemson. As far as I know he never did the University, Coach Swinney or the players wrong. Just curious is all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Because of how the coots shut us down in 11, 12, and 13.***

Nov 5, 2019, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah this is a good point. Losing to the coots doesn't do a

Nov 5, 2019, 9:59 AM

darn thing for anyone's resume that's for sure. You read that Kirby?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do some Clemson fans...

Nov 5, 2019, 9:19 AM

No hate here. He brought D4 in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 9:26 AM

Certainly not from RB. The Chad was always a good ambassador/recruiter/coordinator for Clemson and remains close friends with Dabo.

Two of those losses to the coots can be blamed squarely on certain players either fumbling or throwing ill-advised passes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

No hate here.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:28 AM

But I was glad to see him move on . His in game management became atrocious. Trick plays just for the hell of it, that killed otherwise good drives. Predictable calls, especially on 3rd downs. It was almost as if Chad refused to go off HIS ###### even at the cost of wins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot one can't say s c r i p t

Nov 5, 2019, 9:31 AM

His game plan then.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:35 AM

I compare it to when “ your girl/boyfriend leaves you for another person “.

Not everyone reacts the same, or are as forgiving, as others.

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:51 AM

I compare it to when “ your girl/boyfriend leaves you for another person “.

Not everyone reacts the same, or are as forgiving, as others.

hth?

I can understand this to an extent, but would we feel the same if Coach Venables leaves? Personally, I would hate to lose him and it would be hard to fill the void he would leave, but I would be happy for him. He has been a great ambassador for this program.

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Nov 5, 2019, 10:03 AM

Yes, but probably (and to your point) to a lesser extent. It’s just human nature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:42 AM

I think some people always had hurt feeling that Chad was very open about wanting to move to a head coaching job quickly.

There was a lot of, "just leave already" on message boards.

I never really understood that feeling.

He put Clemson on the map with his offense that was different from the norm at the time.

Without his offense, we don't win the ACC in '11.

He also taught our current OCs the offense that they have since adjusted to fit our current players and style.

Chad was vital to Dabo's success.

More importantly, I think he came at the perfect time and left at the perfect time.

His abysmal play calling against South Carolina

Nov 5, 2019, 9:45 AM

That trick pass play with Watkins in 11. The abandonment of the run in 2012. Awful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 5, 2019, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Because a lot of clemson fans act like 12 year

Nov 5, 2019, 9:49 AM

Olds when it comes to sports..

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES BUT TALKING BAD ABOUT MY SPORTS WILL HURT ME

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Not sure what you're referring to Geeville but ok... suit

Nov 5, 2019, 10:06 AM

yourself.

Good question. I do think the Chad took the bait a little

Nov 5, 2019, 9:57 AM

too early and should've waited for a better opportunity because think of what his resume would've looked like as the guy who recruited Deshaun Watson plus coached him and the offense with Deshaun at the helm. Then he could've probably earned a look at some top major universities with better reps and traditions but what's done is done.

Why do os many people equate honest (and factual) criticism

Nov 5, 2019, 10:39 AM

with "hatred?"

Re: Why do os many people equate honest (and factual) criticism

Nov 5, 2019, 10:53 AM

That's true ..... in todays society disagreeing with someone equals hatred. I have not seen any hatred for Chad on Tnet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do os many people equate honest (and factual) criticism

Nov 5, 2019, 10:58 AM

honest and factual or opinions? I have no issues with someone having an opinion. It was a question I had, and yes, I have seen some posters "hate on" him in the past. It was a curious question not meant to incite an argument.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic