Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do so many of you want this team to go out of its way for Kelly?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Why do so many of you want this team to go out of its way for Kelly?

Sep 23, 2018, 9:44 PM

I see some of you talking about letting Kelly finish drives in the red zone, or letting Trevor play first half and Kelly play second. That's stupid. Why would we interfere with the rythym of a game and have a better guy sit just so Kelly can get some time. I don't get the obsession over Kelly and the special treatment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do so many of you want this team to go out of its way for Kelly?

Sep 23, 2018, 9:54 PM

We are family not cooters. Better worry about that 5 peat at KY.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:55 PM

What about all of the other guys that are a part of the clemson family that don't start

Sep 23, 2018, 10:01 PM

Do we go out of our way for them? Nope. It's a business and sometimes you gotta bench a guy

You know, I’m glad Dabo is much smarter than some of you armchair wannabe’s on this board

Sep 23, 2018, 10:10 PM

Re: You know, I’m glad Dabo is much smarter than some of you armchair wannabe’s on this board

Sep 24, 2018, 2:01 AM

Coaching is a profession, and like all professionals, to keep those high paying jobs you better perform and do the best that you can every day of your career, or they will find someone else that will even in college coaching. If Dabo loses a game with TL on the side lines, it won't get him fired, but it will create a lot of questions of whether Dabo has gotten soft, or has he forgot what he done to get him where he is at this point in his Clemson Head Coaching career, and that's a given. People will also question if DW4 became the starter as a true freshman bc of Chad Morris, and even though the answer to that question in my opinion is yes without a doubt bc DW4 was hand picked by Morris. I personally think that DW4 became the starter before he was physically ready, but Dabo himself has stated several time that TL is further along than DW4 was at this point in his Clemson career.

I believe that even the hard core KB supporters can see that TL is a lot more talented than KB, and the quicker he can gain that valuable playing time experience, the better he will be in the championship part of the season. If KB performs badly against Cuse, and if TL does as good against cuse as he did against GT, for certain he will be will be named the new starting QB at Clemson against Wake. Dabo will do the best that he can for KB, and if he gives him the chance to prove himself this coming weekend against cuse, if he can't consistently move the chains, it will be his last chance as the starter unless TL suffers an injury, and then he may go with Chase Brice!!! No body in our fan base can change what ever happens, only the players in question can do that, Period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, I’m glad Dabo is much smarter than some of you armchair wannabe’s on this board

Sep 24, 2018, 4:00 AM [ in reply to You know, I’m glad Dabo is much smarter than some of you armchair wannabe’s on this board ]

T3Tiger expressed my feelings perfectly. There are a lot of dynamics to a college team. Dabo brought TL into the mix slowly which was best for the team and HIM. KB has a role and needs to play in certain situations to keep him ready. Maybe a drive in certain situations now and then or a play where we need the threat of him running. But the corollary of that is there may be very tough games down the road where we need TL going it alone.

Re: What about all of the other guys that are a part of the clemson family that don't start

Sep 23, 2018, 10:52 PM [ in reply to What about all of the other guys that are a part of the clemson family that don't start ]

Spoken like a true SEC homer.

Who said it's a business? It's a family. Treat them like

Sep 24, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to What about all of the other guys that are a part of the clemson family that don't start ]

family and let them know each and every one of them count and they are part of this team. Why? Because they do! This is a family. They all matter. Not everyone can start that is obvious. However Kelly Bryant deserves the respect we give him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a Family business - often the most volatile/difficult

Sep 24, 2018, 10:42 AM

to manage successfully.

It’s extremely hard to fire a family member. Even when they’re not getting the job done.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jalen Hurts say Hi***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do so many of you want this team to go out of its way for Kelly? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah so does his Ahole coach***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:11 PM

He does???***

Sep 24, 2018, 6:24 AM [ in reply to Jalen Hurts say Hi*** ]

Sep 23, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do so many of you want this team to go out of its way for Kelly? ]

"Lucky to win 8-9 games?" That's just showing how stupid you were to in your team evaluation back then. If you thought Clemson was an 8-9 win team quit evaluating clemson football and just pay attention to recruiting and football concepts.

Also, everyone claiming kelly Bryant has some bond with the older players never played football at the collegiate level. As someone who did, I can assure you I pulled for the freshmen QB to play over my ROOMMATE who was a senior because our best chance of winning was the freshmen. You guys dont get it at all. Dancing with your buddies in the locker room doesnt happen unless you WIN. Winning over almost everything.

Well you obviously didn’t play at Clemson and I like

Sep 23, 2018, 10:48 PM

And I don't get your hatred for KB...

Sep 23, 2018, 10:08 PM

No need to keep bashing that young man.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 10:26 PM

6000 years of domestication, but the nuanced intricacies of teamwork still escapes chickens......oh look......no one is surprised.

Sep 24, 2018, 12:39 AM

OP should replay the game and listen to the announcers. It's a known fact from Dabo, that if you put in the work, then you will get to play. KB has definitely put in the work and deserves to play. It's the CLEMSON way.

Sep 24, 2018, 1:17 AM

QB is unlike any other position on the field. It's very clear and has been for several games that Trevor Lawrence is the better QB. Every snap that Kelly gets is one less opportunity Trevor has to make that throw that Kelly cant or doesn't see there.

And to all those who feel you have to play KB to keep the other players happy your dead wrong. Trevor gives us a shot of hopefully knocking off Alabama and winning it all. I'm guessing no ones going to not accept their championship ring because it wasn't Kelly who was the QB.

Sep 24, 2018, 6:52 AM

The constant message from this program has been “best is standard”and by ignoring the fact that a mere freshman could challenge a vaulted senior is not beholding to that. Sentimental favorites are sweet and give us warm fuzzies but goes against the core belief of Dabo and this team. Some here are offended by Trevor Lawrence’s abilities and are feeling sad for Kelly Bryant. If you will go and watch the end of the game telecast when the teams are mingling on the field, just look at Bryant. He is not the picture of joy. I take issue with the premise that we “owe” a player more than a fair chance to compete, that’s what has happened. Bryant, if he is the kind of young man he has shown himself to be, he wouldn’t want anyone’s pity nor would he want to rest on last years laurels. There wasn’t nearly this fuss and divisiveness when Cole Stout was supplanted by then freshman, Deshaun Watson. The belief then was that talent overrules seniority, so why change now? And some posters making this about race is terribly misguided and wrong! This isn’t about race, it’s about talent and what’s best for this team. This situation could cause real problems if allowed to continue. A real leader, which I believe both these young man to be, will lead from wherever they are needed and lead by example. I hope Bryant will continue to lead albeit maybe in a different role than he had wanted. This is life and it’s hard but it can still be meaningful.

I thought the difference was pretty obvious but guess not

Sep 24, 2018, 9:42 AM

I Get It That You Don't Understand It

Sep 24, 2018, 7:04 AM

Which is one of many reasons you're not qualified to make the call. Let the coaches coach and enjoy the results. You can't be in control, and you'd likely screw it up if you were.

KB’s demeanor

Sep 24, 2018, 7:25 AM

Says it all, both in the game and on the sideline. He already knew what was coming. A lot of you guys just can’t get over it.

TL will start against the oranges and when that happens it’s all over with but the crying, there want be any looking back. This will be TL offense with some wild cat packages for KB. Just my opinion

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have lots of opinions on this

Sep 24, 2018, 10:29 AM

If the correct coaching decision is to make TL the starter, my heart would go out to KB. I was a college athlete and I have real experience the hard work everyone on the team has put in. I know many work out and may not play much, but KB is an ACC champion and took us to the playoffs. I would love to see him best TL to finish the year as the starter. That's my emotional opinion and like you must be careful going with this.

TL looks certainly to eventually exceed KB in talent easily.

The only truely tight game we have been in this year was A&M and Bryant was key to that win. Can TL handle coming back when we eventually get down in a game.

The logical question is whether benching KB in favor of playing TL 100% of the time is the right coaching move now. If TL is injured we need a backup. The backup having continued experience seems like sound coaching.

Is there the possibility of KB leaving Clemson? If TL is named the starter this week, I believe KB could conceivably transfer and play somewhere else next year. Not sure the likelihood of this scenario, but as a coach I would want to prevent this from happening.

I see keeping KB in for 30-50% of the snaps moving forward.

Re: I have lots of opinions on this

Sep 24, 2018, 10:44 AM

*just a note, all he has to do is be named starter for Syracuse, take the first snap, and he's no longer eligible for transfer...that will make him playing in 5 games...new red shirt rule is only for 4, which he has already done. if he plays just one more snap in one more game, he can't any longer.

Expect change to be made game 6, which I've been saying since preseason (unless Dabo has a sit down and does it now, giving him the transfer option...though I would think in managing keeping the depth in place, he has no intention to do so, so expect Kelly to be the Syracuse starter).

Well he's the backup now

Sep 24, 2018, 12:29 PM

Interesting to see what happens with KB now.....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24782217/trevor-lawrence-named-clemson-tigers-starting-quarterback

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic