Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do poster keep saying DJ will not be in playing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,868

Why do poster keep saying DJ will not be in playing

Oct 19, 2015, 7:14 PM

shape? This isn't the 60's.70's, and early 80's when players didn't really train all off season and fall practice was geared to get the players in shape. Today players spend the entire off season working out running, there is very little conditioning in practice anymore. If a player isn't already in shape when practice starts they fall behind quickly, DJ will be ready to go once he goes the NCAA required number of days before he can have contact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think he would need some time to get up to

Oct 19, 2015, 7:28 PM

mental speed more than anything. Staying in physical shape is one thing, but this deep into the season there's a team flow at hand - everybody knows their role. It will take several weeks of practice and game time for him to get back there. It'd be great if he can stick it out and be a factor down the stretch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not just about fitness

Oct 19, 2015, 7:37 PM

This is a guy who hasn't faced live bullets, or even been in a practice, in weeks. Even if he's been working out, it's likely that he's not ready to jump back into the games. He needs to practice and take some hits. And it's only right that he proves that he's willing to put in a LOT of work since he hasn't done a lick of work this season. He needs to earn his way back, and if I were Venables I would really push him to prove that he deserves any playing time over guys who have been working hard to earn it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they bought the HD crystal ball.***

Oct 19, 2015, 8:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have the Ultra Limited - didn't know about a crystal ball

Oct 19, 2015, 8:13 PM

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Why do poster keep saying DJ will not be in playing***

Oct 19, 2015, 8:13 PM

Re: Why do poster keep saying DJ will not be in playing

Oct 19, 2015, 8:15 PM

He'll need a few weeks to acclimate to being back with the team, but I'd bet Dabo has him all in and ready to dominate by FSU

DJ I'll bet will play this week albeit only for a few plays.

Oct 19, 2015, 8:26 PM

He will play more each week til he gets in better game condition. Although probably will be a backup the rest of the season unless he is superman.

There's shape and football shape. He may be in shape, but

Oct 19, 2015, 8:47 PM

not football shape. He's been playing FB a long time, maybe he can get acclimated to the game and get back into football shape by game 10 or so. Maybe he can start contributing sooner?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 8:53 PM

Dabo said that he would be hitting today. Since he went thru the acclimation period in fall camp he doesn't have to go thru it again. Basically it's just like coming back from an injury.

Oct 19, 2015, 9:04 PM

Exactly. If he was coming back from an injury and is ready to play, he would play. You better believe and I do that he will be able to contribute this week.

He is fresh with fresh legs. Will he start no, but I suspect he will provide depth and play to keep our tackles fresh. That talent at that position with legs throughout the game. Lookout!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 9:05 PM

Because there is no way to simulate the additional physical depletion that having to hit someone every 35 seconds puts on you... His timing and recognition will certainly be behind, but the idea of football shape means that in addition to the cardio health you have, you have to acclimate yourself to the addition of getting in a car wreck (especially for OL and DL) every play you are in. And regardless of how much DJ has been training, I guarantee his big butt hasn't found anyone to suit up against him to maintain that side of things.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic