Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where does this idea come from that players only get hurt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,354

Where does this idea come from that players only get hurt

Dec 4, 2019, 12:06 PM

playing against good teams? That seems to be the popular new notion that all of the Coot, SEC, Bucknut, etc fans are desperately clinging to regarding Clemson's easy schedule.

You used to always hear people say that a team with a weak schedule would get "exposed" when they finally played somebody "with a pulse." When Clemson started kicking all of those teams ##### that argument fell apart quickly.

Now the hot, new thing is that our easy schedule allows us to make it through the season injury-free - which of course is completely ridiculous. Sure, being able to rest your starters in the 4th quarter keeps them off the field and safe, but how many less snaps are Clemson starters taking than LSU and Ohio State starters? I'm too lazy to do the math right now, but not many.

And how many injuries have we seen occur in practice or against bad teams? Just look at Alabama this year. They lost numerous key defensive players before the season even began and then Tua got hurt against.. LSU surely.. right? Nope. Tua got hurt against Tennessee and Mississippi State, a pair of middling 6-6 teams.

And when Tua missed that Arkansas game following the ankle injury he suffered against Tennessee it was literally the first game in Nick Saban's entire 13 year tenure at Alabama that his 1st string QB wasn't available for a game. Surely over the course of 12+ seasons in the brutal SEC Saban would've dealt with multiple serious QB injuries.. right? Nope. I can't recall his bell cow RBs suffering many injuries despite him consistently feeding them 20-30 carries per game for over a decade either.

Jake Bentley got injured against North Carolina, an ACC team that also happens to be on Clemson's schedule.

Xavier Thomas suffered a concussion in practice between the FSU and Louisville games and missed three weeks.

DW4 tore his ACL against GT without even being touched by a defender.

Football injuries just happen. A lineman can get rolled up on and suffer a serious knee or lower leg injury on any play of any game regardless of whether the opponent is Alabama or Wofford. Players can land awkwardly and break arms or wrists against any opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long ago I learned not to apply logic to coot statements.

Dec 4, 2019, 12:10 PM

They are the vanguard of excuses and promises for future wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - It is a totally bogus argument.***

Dec 4, 2019, 12:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Its often just the opposite ... focus, concentration and

Dec 4, 2019, 12:28 PM

... and effort are often lacking against inferior competition resulting in sloppy play and exposure to injuries.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do SEC / B1G suspensions only happen against bad teams?***

Dec 4, 2019, 12:30 PM

Clemson

Re: Why do SEC / B1G suspensions only happen against bad teams?***

Dec 4, 2019, 1:07 PM

^^^I regret that I only have one TU to give you for this. Well played.

Anthony Waters tore his ACL playing against Florida Atlantic

Dec 4, 2019, 1:12 PM

in 2006. I'll never forget that because it was late in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mike Williams fractured his neck against Wofford in 2015

Dec 4, 2019, 1:15 PM

That one potentially cost us a title.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,354
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic